Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 19/20 HAL Round23 | Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets | Sun 15/03/20 1820

Savour that one bois n gerls. We dont score 3 AND have a clean sheet in Saddle-Aid very often.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Exactly how the **** are we coming 10th??
    I dont want to steal Captain Obvious’ thunder; but poor results earlier in the season

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Nah, that's rubbish. Verbeek has benched players that play like shit whilst Ernie just stuck by them.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Ernie if you are reading this send your resume to Adelaide as I think a position will be available soon.
    Couscous already done that along with telling those on the Vuck he should be there next over the work experience bloke Salvachau
    Last edited by 380; 15-03-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Exactly how the **** are we coming 10th??
    It is because there are teams with more competition points than us.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    They play like an Ernie team over the past two years. No idea in attack and shambles at the back
    Ernie is well known for always having good attacking teams. Even with the muppets, like Fitzgerald, we had he was still scoring goals. Did you actually watch any of Ernie's teams play? (P.s. that's a rhetorical question, you obviously had the game in front of you, just didn't pay attention.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Ernie is well known for always having good attacking teams. Even with the muppets, like Fitzgerald, we had he was still scoring goals. Did you actually watch any of Ernie's teams play? (P.s. that's a rhetorical question, you obviously had the game in front of you, just didn't pay attention.)
    Did you watch Ernie last two seasons? We struggled to score goals
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Struggled to put the ball in the net because our players don't gave the skill sets required in front of goal

But we didn't have any problem creating chances under Bert that is not up for dispute

Struggled to put the ball in the net because our players don't gave the skill sets required in front of goal

But we didn't have any problem creating chances under Bert that is not up for dispute
    Weve been scoring ok since Ernie left
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

We had the 6th best attack last season.
    We had the second best the season before.

This season before he got here we had the 2nd worst.

This season we had scored in every game other than City and Victory before he was sacked.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Stats bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    We had the 6th best attack last season.
    We had the second best the season before.

This season before he got here we had the 2nd worst.

This season we had scored in every game other than City and Victory before he was sacked.
    Are you saying he should not of been sacked?

love at first sight

Where did you get that? You said he didn't attack well. I proved you wrong.

Love from Frodo, a guy who loves Stats!

Also, I'm still saying that McKinna should be sacked if that makes a difference.

Banned
    Not saying that

We should have scored more this season under Bert than we did

Our finishing under him for the last 2 years has been wasteful big time

Defensively we were also honking under Bert

Under Bert it wasn't a case of we were not competitive on the pitch. We were just ineffective in both boxes under him

Glad he missed the 2m pass to Izzo as well.
    This made me laugh
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

They play like an Ernie team over the past two years. No idea in attack and shambles at the back

You kidding right , Seriously ?????.

We had a reputation for the most shots without finding the back of the net FFS.

Are we talking about the same Ernie who said resigning Roy was a priority and the club could not agree with Roy on a two year deal ?.

We are talking the same Ernie and Roy who is now back for a season and a half after half a season with the Roar, That Roy and Ernie yeh ?.

The same Ernie who was not provided funds to find a replacement for Wes, The same Ernie who was never offered the sort of funds to bring players with a wage demand you can be sure Ibini and Ledley would have commanded to come here ?.

The club got serious the moment Ernie left not a moment before. Ernie was given a Morris Minor budget ( not coupe S ) and told to go win Bathurst with it.

C'mon Stanny i know you are not a dill but that post was so far removed from reality.

You can be sure if there was a bloke standing in the goal decked out in Jets gear Millar would have put that out for a throw in on the opposite side of the park rather than scored a goal.

Put your house on that outcome, Christ he can't pass to save himself.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    You kidding right , Seriously ?????.

We had a reputation for the most shots without finding the back of the net FFS.

Are we talking about the same Ernie who said resigning Roy was a priority and the club could not agree with Roy on a two year deal ?.

We are talking the same Ernie and Roy who is now back for a season and a half after half a season with the Roar, That Roy and Ernie yeh ?.

The same Ernie who was not provided funds to find a replacement for Wes, The same Ernie who was never offered the sort of funds to bring players with a wage demand you can be sure Ibini and Ledley would have commanded to come here ?.

The club got serious the moment Ernie left not a moment before. Ernie was given a Morris Minor budget ( not coupe S ) and told to go win Bathurst with it.

C'mon Stanny i know you are not a dill but that post was so far removed from reality.
    The same Ernie who refused to get a replacement Assistant coach, The same Ernie who said no to new players coming in (Has it been confirmed what type of players they were?), The same Ernie who wouldnt play Bobby Burns over a CM/CB at LB who was getting rinsed every week, The same Ernie who wouldnt drop certain players who were not performing Dimi etc, The same Ernie who only has one style of play and never deviates even when it doesnt work, Same goes for only using certain players in the squad

love at first sight

Of course it was confirmed. Where were you when Lawrie was on NBN and quoted in the Herald as being offered up players who were " NOT " household names and were other A League club players who could not break into other teams match day squads.

Bert went so far as too say the last player offered to him was a player from another A League club who was yet to make his A League debut.

You said we were hopeless in attack, We were nothing of the sort with plenty of shots in a game. Bert said we needed Roy the club said no. If we were putting away half those chances we would be looking down the ladder now at most team as opposed to looking up.

Bert screwed up heaps but having a team incapable of great attacking football was not one them.