Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round something or other - Jets v City - 23/3/2020 1930

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I have no idea how he has got this far with his garbage defending and passing.
    When you say "this far", you mean ... from Gosford to here?

I must say I am enjoying the approach we have applied int he last few rounds. We are trying to have more of the ball and assert some dominance.

Yes, sometimes it's been a bit slow. Yes, sometimes we've struggled for ideas. But with an off-season I really look forward to what Robinson can have us achieve.

I thought O'Toole had a strong debut last night.

Ibini looks reaaaaaaally short of match fitness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I must say I am enjoying the approach we have applied int he last few rounds. We are trying to have more of the ball and assert some dominance.

Yes, sometimes it's been a bit slow. Yes, sometimes we've struggled for ideas. But with an off-season I really look forward to what Robinson can have us achieve.

Agree. I'm really liking our play. It's been so long since we've been able to string 3/4 passes together without losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    When you say "this far", you mean ... from Gosford to here?
    As in bloke should be back in NPL til he can learn to pass better than some snotty nosed child running around in U10's D Division. His errant passing is every frigg'n week. He completes more passes for the opposition than he does us.

I would do everything to keep him

If Dimi ever decides to take his blinkers off when he is dribbling he'd be some player. Some of the things he did with the ball last night were supreme... then the very next play he runs himself into a corner he can't get out of with 2 players free 10m to the right of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    If Dimi ever decides to take his blinkers off when he is dribbling he'd be some player. Some of the things he did with the ball last night were supreme... then the very next play he runs himself into a corner he can't get out of with 2 players free 10m to the right of him.
    I do think he's looking more refreshed under robinson, and players like ledley and wes bring out the best in him

If you watch Millar all he's ever looking at is the player with the ball. You watch a player like Ledley and he's scanning everything from other players to free space - even the position of the referee.
    All you need to do against Millar is hold the ball then have a player run into the space behind him - it's almost comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Yep bloke has been playing like this since beginning of last season. Takes way too many touches more often than not hence why i posted a few days ago that maybe time both he and the club went separate ways.

Yep bloke has been playing like this since beginning of last season. Takes way too many touches more often than not hence why i posted a few days ago that maybe time both he and the club went separate ways.
    People expect to much from Dimi - have a look at his stats - the blokes one of the best players in the competition.
    If he goes on the market every club will be falling over themselves to sign him for their starting 11.

Sure he takes the odd touch too many and his corners are pretty shit - but the things he does well more than compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    People expect to much from Dimi - have a look at his stats - the blokes one of the best players in the competition.
    If he goes on the market every club will be falling over themselves to sign him for their starting 11.

Sure he takes the odd touch too many and his corners are pretty shit - but the things he does well more than compensate.
    Having 2 up top has been his blessing this year. They deal with the 4 defenders and all he has to do is get the ball in between their midfield/defensive line and he's ready to dribble towards goal. His game has been simplified and it's been very good for everyone.

I'm still not in the "Dimi is da best" brigade, but he's looked much better behind Roy and someone else doing lots of work ahead of him and wingbacks giving us width.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Dead on!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Yeh nah. His form is certainly not what is was a couple of seasons ago but i am tipping his deal is no smaller. Given Sport is a business and not a benevolent society IMO its time to move him on and find the sort of player Dimi was a couple of seasons ago.

He had a fine game last night but he was putting those types of performances in week in week out a couple of seasons ago, Last night was his first decent game in how long ?.

Yeh nah. His form is certainly not what is was a couple of seasons ago but i am tipping his deal is no smaller. Given Sport is a business and not a benevolent society IMO its time to move him on and find the sort of player Dimi was a couple of seasons ago.

He had a fine game last night but he was putting those types of performances in week in week out a couple of seasons ago, Last night was his first decent game in how long ?.
    We have the likes of Fitzgerald, Ibini, Millar and Hoffman to get rid of before we worry about Dimi. I'm all for moving him on, but we have bigger issues than him and as Dunster said, his numbers are good enough to justify his position right now. 8 assists in this squad is pretty good.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    We have the likes of Fitzgerald, Ibini, Millar and Hoffman to get rid of before we worry about Dimi. I'm all for moving him on, but we have bigger issues than him and as Dunster said, his numbers are good enough to justify his position right now. 8 assists in this squad is pretty good.
    Ibini should be kept if fit, Has made big impacts when subbed on
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ibini should be kept if fit, Has made big impacts when subbed on
    He's looked way off the pace and running around aimlessly to me. It's to be expected given he hasn't played for a while, but he's going to want more money than he is worth given the contract he got knocked back for last time. He obviously has a long term injury as well. Rather sign an NPL player if we want a backup forward and spend the money on a new CB and resign Wessi.

He's looked way off the pace and running around aimlessly to me. It's to be expected given he hasn't played for a while, but he's going to want more money than he is worth given the contract he got knocked back for last time. He obviously has a long term injury as well. Rather sign an NPL player if we want a backup forward and spend the money on a new CB and resign Wessi.
    Again what game are you watching. Sometimes the Gypo bias needs to come off
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Again what game are you watching. Sometimes the Gypo bias needs to come off
    Well, I think you are over excited and talking up his performances as much as I'm talking them down. Fitzgerald looked as good or better than him against City when he came on.
    And considering the money I think Ibini will likely demand, we might be able to find better value elsewhere.

Banned
    Well, I think you are over excited and talking up his performances as much as I'm talking them down. Fitzgerald looked as good or better than him against City when he came on.
    And considering the money I think Ibini will likely demand, we might be able to find better value elsewhere.

It is a positive to me that we have currently 3 ****ing HAL starting standard strikers at the club

Exactly what the **** has been going on in the past when Roy had his suspension.and we had to rely on Hoff
    Exactly what the **** has been going on earlier this season when Arroyo was out and we had Thurgate / Hoff up front

What a joy it is that we can actually sub on strikers and you don't feel we going backwards having them out there

If it means keeping Gypo Ibini so we have 3 strikers next season I am all for it

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What a joy it is that we can actually sub on strikers and you don't feel we going backwards having them out there

If it means keeping Gypo Ibini so we have 3 strikers next season I am all for it
    Agreed, but Sheppard has been moved on, and I think Arroyo won't be here next year either.
    So we're down to 2 strikers, one of which has a potential injury.
    And the other one is O'donovan.

Still better than Hoff up front.