Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 27in28 - the end of 2019/20

A rare win after being behind at half time

Grant substitution major turning point
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

FFA FC can suck an unlimited supply of doodles. Hope City beat them next week just to continue to screw over the commentators wanking them off even though they played like dogshit and deserved to lose that game.

No idea who scored that first goal, I'm going to assume it was Wessi and carry on with my life happier, but why can be do that and not make a 6 yard pass?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I thought we deserved that. Great first up run. The gaffer doing a top job

A rare win after being behind at half time

Grant substitution major turning point
    100%. In fairness though, he’s 3 levels above any other fullback in the competition. Terrific player.

Great win though. Great tactics by Robbo, controlled the majority of the game & 2 brilliantly taken goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    FFA FC can suck an unlimited supply of doodles. Hope City beat them next week just to continue to screw over the commentators wanking them off even though they played like dogshit and deserved to lose that game.

No idea who scored that first goal, I'm going to assume it was Wessi and carry on with my life happier, but why can be do that and not make a 6 yard pass?
    He wasn’t great tonight but he was still involved in the majority of good in attack despite his errors. He & Miller are the only ones who are positive with the ball & actually move off the ball as well.
    Last edited by Jetkel; 21-07-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Can pull off the occasional specular but often suckles with the quality in the basics.
    WTF, does someone understand Jeterspeak??

Just noted Speed and Slater couldn't bring themselves to say Redmayne "should've saved that".
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    WTF, does someone understand Jeterspeak??

Just noted Speed and Slater couldn't bring themselves to say Redmayne "should've saved that".
    Spectacular*

Struggles with quality of*

Sheesh! Honestly swipe typing often misses the mark combined with autocorrect
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    They certainly were looking for literally any excuse as to why Redmayne just watched it go by as it brushed his laces.

I have usually been fairly critical of Thurgate but that was the best game I have seen him play for us.

The contributions Fitz has been bringing the last few games are exactly what I thought he would bring to us, and I am excited for the guy.

Worth noting Fitz cops a lot for the mistakes and wasteful chances he does, yet we all (inc commentators) seem happy to let Bernie Ibini be just as if not more wasteful yet excuse him. I am incredibly critical of Ibini, I find it inexcusable that he won't last more than 70 minutes (I strongly believe even if we weren't playing Friday he would have been subbed off) and really, the dude just does a whole lot of Mitch Austin style running in a straight line to either sky-high some stupid decision or just run it over a line. His one good contribution for every 20 mistakes aren't worth it in my eyes, and I would be stoked to use the money for him elsewhere if we are considering retaining him (as we know he doesn't come cheap).

I am realy liking the increased confidence our backline and Stevie are playing with under Carl. We'll make some mistakes along the way, seemingly all from JohnnyK ops: but it is a very positive and forward thinking vibe that is currently paying off and is more exciting than most of the season prior.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    They certainly were looking for literally any excuse as to why Redmayne just watched it go by as it brushed his laces.

I have usually been fairly critical of Thurgate but that was the best game I have seen him play for us.

The contributions Fitz has been bringing the last few games are exactly what I thought he would bring to us, and I am excited for the guy.

Worth noting Fitz cops a lot for the mistakes and wasteful chances he does, yet we all (inc commentators) seem happy to let Bernie Ibini be just as if not more wasteful yet excuse him. I am incredibly critical of Ibini, I find it inexcusable that he won't last more than 70 minutes (I strongly believe even if we weren't playing Friday he would have been subbed off) and really, the dude just does a whole lot of Mitch Austin style running in a straight line to either sky-high some stupid decision or just run it over a line. His one good contribution for every 20 mistakes aren't worth it in my eyes, and I would be stoked to use the money for him elsewhere if we are considering retaining him (as we know he doesn't come cheap).

I am realy liking the increased confidence our backline and Stevie are playing with under Carl. We'll make some mistakes along the way, seemingly all from JohnnyK ops: but it is a very positive and forward thinking vibe that is currently paying off and is more exciting than most of the season prior.
    In the post match interview Fitzgerald wasn't happy with how he played.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Ibini is levels above the rest of our attackers, How can you not see that?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

on the big sports breky show this morning Slater said this
    "Sydney were beaten by a better side" and "Newcastle deserved the win" i nearly choked on my cornflakes!

We looked good last night. We looked good under Carl before lock down.

I'm not used to this. I'm waiting to get hurt....again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    on the big sports breky show this morning Slater said this
    "Sydney were beaten by a better side" and "Newcastle deserved the win" i nearly choked on my cornflakes!
    I imagine his commentary team colleague would have taken a different view. Probably one along the lines of "It's un-Australian. Sydney don't deserve to be treated like this and the FFA should come down hard on the Jets for the disgraceful act of not worshipping the ground Sydney play on".

84.6% pass accuracy for the Jets with 15 shots, six of which were on target.
    Sydney with only one shot on target were never really in the game and were probably flattered by the final score.
    In saying that, we've lost on the back of those types of impressive stats before - but I think defensively under Carl we are a completely different team.

3. Topor
    2. Gus
    1. Stevie

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ibini is levels above the rest of our attackers, How can you not see that?
    This,Even though Fitzy has put two good games in a row together i would take Bernie in a beanie any day of the week over Fitzy.

Hyphen was at his best. Brilliant.

1. Topa
    2. Uga
    3. Boogs

A mate just sent me a link to a stat that someones sent to the Jets supporters page (Not sure if the bloke posts on here or not)
    I wanted to check with our resident stats legend Jeterpool to see if there is any legitimacy to it..
    Apparently the Mariners are on 11 connected losses atm, and if we win tonight, it gives them the record of most losses in a row in the A-League?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    A mate just sent me a link to a stat that someones sent to the Jets supporters page (Not sure if the bloke posts on here or not)
    I wanted to check with our resident stats legend Jeterpool to see if there is any legitimacy to it..
    Apparently the Mariners are on 11 connected losses atm, and if we win tonight, it gives them the record of most losses in a row in the A-League?
    Not too sure mate. Looked on Ultimate A-League and couldn't see it on there.