Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HAL 19/20 - The Finals

Sydney still own the VAR

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    well there you go, they're not even pretending with VAR any more

why even have a final if they just want to give the trophy to Sydney?

let's face it, is anyone surprised that they are prepared to use VAR to get the result they want in a grand final?

they've done it before

Fux guys just looked for any excuse to agree...apparently Redders obviously dived late.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Fux guys just looked for any excuse to agree...apparently Redders obviously dived late.
    this is why I have the volume off

Topor got goal of the season from fox. Biggest news of the night.

Smurfs are the mast aggressive tackling team in the league and yet only had 33 yellows all season.

I'd have a guess and say most of those were token gestures either late in games or when it didn't advantage the opposition.

I'd love to see a league without them and their shitful fans and commentary team.

Geez Corica is a sook.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    "Oh, ha ha, Ninkovic, what skill and precision"
    68th minute this did happen....but no mention that he immediately gave the ball away.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Ffs...the phucking winner 'nippled' in?
    FML!

this clear and obvious Sydney bias is what's killing the A-League for me

why bother watching if it's not going to be a fair competition?

I mean, Beath is a ****ing joke - he's taking the piss the whole game

My feelings for Sydney FC approach genuine hate. I guess it's good for the A-League that people become emotionally invested like this.

I can't become emotionally invested in a competition that's so clearly favoured towards one club

Well I switched off at the final whistle....the aftershow would be unbearable.

Meh, didn't watch the game purely to stop myself from smashing the TV when Sydney were eventually gifted the result they asked for. Checked Reddit and saw the VAR call, very happy I missed it.

I'm honestly getting close to wanting the league to fold, so we can start again with absolutely no input from the FFA. But the same things will happen in the next one either way. Can we take all the money we waste on the Socceroos wages, they should be playing for next to nothing anyways, and spend it on refs from other countries and somehow import an entire refs association and training facilities as well.

Next season viewer numbers will drop again, the product we are selling has gone stale now. There's nothing to entice the neutral viewers. I watch football from any league in the world whenever I get a chance, but I never watch any other HAL games besides Jets games, that's not great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Var call was spot on according the rule book.

Another one of those stupid new rules that shouldn't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Smurfs are the mast aggressive tackling team in the league and yet only had 33 yellows all season.

I'd have a guess and say most of those were token gestures either late in games or when it didn't advantage the opposition.
    I only tuned in for the 2nd half of normal time, and first half of extra time. Noone was giving Rhyan Grant an absolute pelting, and Grant had so many challenges that were very straightforward yellow cards that I just assumed Beath had given him an unusually early yellow card in the first half and was holding back the second. So when Grant finally did get given his first yellow, that was a tiny little rollercoaster of emotion for me! There is no possible way Grant should have stayed on that field last night, and it was clearly favouritism at the very least to him individually if not to the SFC team.

Arnie got caught out instantaneously in the ACL when refs didn't let his side bully the opposition unsanctioned, and the FFA letting this happen to Sydney only makes their players caught out when they step up to legitimate competitions.

Word is Grant is heading abroad to play now - I fully expect him to be back in the AL safety net very quickly. He has to be one of the most overhyped players in the league, and also sheltered ones.

I didn't watch the first half of normal time, nor the second half of extra time, but based on what I did see I laugh at Grant being given the Joe Marston medal. What I saw, Brattan or even Glover deserved it way more.

VAR call - I can vibe how it is technically the correct call. I cannot vibe the VAR in general though, and that is never being called otherwise so I am happy to write that one down as a terrible decision for the game.
    OK

I think the goal being disallowed was correct in the end. I think the replay is a 50/50. But apparently the assistant referee alerted the referee that there was an offside player and to check his interference. If that’s the case, I don’t have a problem with it being overturned from a VAR perspective. Just shit for the game. However, if it was just a routine review with no issues from any on field officials, I don’t think it should’ve been taken away.

Similar with the penalty. If Beath gives it, I don’t think they retract it.

Noone shouldve come away with at least a brace if he chose to drive and shoot instead of taking too many touches and giving Sydney time to defend.

Have mixed feels about Grant. (Hatred for Sydney aside). He is passionate and has “good engines” and that makes him somebody that if they played for my club I’d get behind. They give their all and his determination is making up for his lack of skill. As has been said, if he moves anywhere but a league I think he struggles. Wouldn’t mind seeing him in the Championship though where there’s a bit more weight to physicality over skill. But he will struggle anywhere in Asia imo.

Overall I’m glad that season is done. Seemed like a waste of time for some towards the end and I think clubs are lucky they don’t have the injury list of some NRL clubs and their stop/start season.
    Looking forward to starting afresh.

At least VAR operated this time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles