Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New Coach Discussion

Lotta people happy to hang on to the part time coach who has us on a rocketship to yet another spoon.

GVE must be one unlikable dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Lotta people happy to hang on to the part time coach who has us on a rocketship to yet another spoon.

GVE must be one unlikable dude.
    If GVE is the best credentialed from a current crop of candidates then it only makes sense to wait til the crop is made up of better candidates too choose from i think is the point eh.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    If GVE is the best credentialed from a current crop of candidates then it only makes sense to wait til the crop is made up of better candidates too choose from i think is the point eh.
    You're aware this is the Jets right?
    Theres a reason that coaching candidate bucket aint that full. Anyway just made me laugh that people thinking theres a better option round the corner. Y'all are way more optimistic than me.
    Deans has us last, GVE might keep us there and destroy everything. The gypo CEO is still there intent on maintaining his level of excellence. Players don't want to be here. The virus is lucky to be in the top 5 reasons why fans don't turn up.

I love it. Go the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I guess it's not so much making a fuss over deans as it's him deserving a chance to have a full season over GVE getting his third stint
    Totally agree

If the list of four prospects is legit we should fold the club.

Ron Smith is good developing kids but he's failed to transition to the senior level. Pass

Julie Dolan has absolutely zero experience coaching at this level let alone success. The fact Dolan is even being considered signals an agenda not related to winning a comp. Hard Pass

Alex Tobin has served as an assistant periodically but he's an unknown quantity as far as running a team at this level. Pass.

Craig Deans should remain our coach until someone more suitable is hired.

The fact the quality of candidates is so piss poor suggests no outsiders want anything to do with the club long-term.

I'm not overly confident the powers that be see the club in their future plans other than in the 2nd tier comp when it commences.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If the list of four prospects is legit we should fold the club.

Ron Smith is good developing kids but he's failed to transition to the senior level. Pass

Julie Dolan has absolutely zero experience coaching at this level let alone success. The fact Dolan is even being considered signals an agenda not related to winning a comp. Hard Pass

Alex Tobin has served as an assistant periodically but he's an unknown quantity as far as running a team at this level. Pass.

Craig Deans should remain our coach until someone more suitable is hired.

The fact the quality of candidates is so piss poor suggests no outsiders want anything to do with the club long-term.

I'm not overly confident the powers that be see the club in their future plans other than in the 2nd tier comp when it commences.
    Did I read it wrong?
    I thought those names mentioned were on the panel to decide who the new coach would be.. As in, they were interviewing the four unnamed prospects?

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Did I read it wrong?
    I thought those names mentioned were on the panel to decide who the new coach would be.. As in, they were interviewing the four unnamed prospects?
    Yes, you're right.

But I also think Duns is taking the piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Yes, you're right.

But I also think Duns is taking the piss.
    It wouldn't be out of the ordinary.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    It wouldn't be out of the ordinary.. haha
    Muscat is in the mix apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Muscat is in the mix apparently
    Oh God no. Isn't he in belgium or something?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Oh God no. Isn't he in belgium or something?
    He got the sack.

I wouldn't be against his signing
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

He got the sack.

I wouldn't be against his signing
    I’d take him for sure

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I’d take him for sure
    For sure. He'd put some grunt in our play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I’d take him for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    For sure. He'd put some grunt in our play.
    No only that, but he's won a title and he's a manager that would attract people to the club. This is something we don't currently have and as a result we are likely to have to pay overs for players to come and sign for us as we try and reuild.

No only that, but he's won a title and he's a manager that would attract people to the club. This is something we don't currently have and as a result we are likely to have to pay overs for players to come and sign for us as we try and reuild.
    This

Your right Jeterpool. It’s not that he plays some amazing style of football that’s ground breaking. He would have some pull that we desperately need

Let's not forget Muscat inherited a pretty good team from Ange and was aided by some big pockets at victory.
    We will still be paying overs for players with Muscat, the only thing is that he will attract more players.
    I'm not sure what that big thing with the coach is, it should be Dean's until the board decide in the future it's time for a change.

Can someone explain to me the pulling power of Kevin Muscat. Even if someone just throws out afew names of players that would come to Newcastle if we had Muscat.

Perfect description of GVE

So... like GVE but without the benefit of having been looking after a heap of young Socceroo talent and the pulling power to get them to the club?