Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 155

Thread: New Coach Discussion

  1. #101
    Lotta people happy to hang on to the part time coach who has us on a rocketship to yet another spoon.

    GVE must be one unlikable dude.

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Lotta people happy to hang on to the part time coach who has us on a rocketship to yet another spoon.

    GVE must be one unlikable dude.
    If GVE is the best credentialed from a current crop of candidates then it only makes sense to wait til the crop is made up of better candidates too choose from i think is the point eh.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    If GVE is the best credentialed from a current crop of candidates then it only makes sense to wait til the crop is made up of better candidates too choose from i think is the point eh.
    You're aware this is the Jets right?
    Theres a reason that coaching candidate bucket aint that full. Anyway just made me laugh that people thinking theres a better option round the corner. Y'all are way more optimistic than me.
    Deans has us last, GVE might keep us there and destroy everything. The gypo CEO is still there intent on maintaining his level of excellence. Players don't want to be here. The virus is lucky to be in the top 5 reasons why fans don't turn up.


    I love it. Go the Jets.

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I guess it's not so much making a fuss over deans as it's him deserving a chance to have a full season over GVE getting his third stint
    Totally agree

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,929
    If the list of four prospects is legit we should fold the club.

    Ron Smith is good developing kids but he's failed to transition to the senior level. Pass

    Julie Dolan has absolutely zero experience coaching at this level let alone success. The fact Dolan is even being considered signals an agenda not related to winning a comp. Hard Pass

    Alex Tobin has served as an assistant periodically but he's an unknown quantity as far as running a team at this level. Pass.

    Craig Deans should remain our coach until someone more suitable is hired.

    The fact the quality of candidates is so piss poor suggests no outsiders want anything to do with the club long-term.

    I'm not overly confident the powers that be see the club in their future plans other than in the 2nd tier comp when it commences.

  6. #106
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,464
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If the list of four prospects is legit we should fold the club.

    Ron Smith is good developing kids but he's failed to transition to the senior level. Pass

    Julie Dolan has absolutely zero experience coaching at this level let alone success. The fact Dolan is even being considered signals an agenda not related to winning a comp. Hard Pass

    Alex Tobin has served as an assistant periodically but he's an unknown quantity as far as running a team at this level. Pass.

    Craig Deans should remain our coach until someone more suitable is hired.

    The fact the quality of candidates is so piss poor suggests no outsiders want anything to do with the club long-term.

    I'm not overly confident the powers that be see the club in their future plans other than in the 2nd tier comp when it commences.
    Did I read it wrong?
    I thought those names mentioned were on the panel to decide who the new coach would be.. As in, they were interviewing the four unnamed prospects?

  7. #107
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Did I read it wrong?
    I thought those names mentioned were on the panel to decide who the new coach would be.. As in, they were interviewing the four unnamed prospects?
    Yes, you're right.

    But I also think Duns is taking the piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  8. #108
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Yes, you're right.

    But I also think Duns is taking the piss.
    It wouldn't be out of the ordinary.. haha

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    It wouldn't be out of the ordinary.. haha
    Muscat is in the mix apparently

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Muscat is in the mix apparently
    Oh God no. Isn't he in belgium or something?

  11. #111
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,691
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Oh God no. Isn't he in belgium or something?
    He got the sack.

    I wouldn't be against his signing
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  12. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    He got the sack.

    I wouldn't be against his signing
    Iíd take him for sure

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I’d take him for sure
    For sure. He'd put some grunt in our play.

  14. #114
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,691
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I’d take him for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    For sure. He'd put some grunt in our play.
    No only that, but he's won a title and he's a manager that would attract people to the club. This is something we don't currently have and as a result we are likely to have to pay overs for players to come and sign for us as we try and reuild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  15. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    No only that, but he's won a title and he's a manager that would attract people to the club. This is something we don't currently have and as a result we are likely to have to pay overs for players to come and sign for us as we try and reuild.
    This

  16. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    No only that, but he's won a title and he's a manager that would attract people to the club. This is something we don't currently have and as a result we are likely to have to pay overs for players to come and sign for us as we try and reuild.
    Your right Jeterpool. Itís not that he plays some amazing style of football thatís ground breaking. He would have some pull that we desperately need

  17. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    No only that, but he's won a title and he's a manager that would attract people to the club. This is something we don't currently have and as a result we are likely to have to pay overs for players to come and sign for us as we try and reuild.
    Let's not forget Muscat inherited a pretty good team from Ange and was aided by some big pockets at victory.
    We will still be paying overs for players with Muscat, the only thing is that he will attract more players.
    I'm not sure what that big thing with the coach is, it should be Dean's until the board decide in the future it's time for a change.

  18. #118
    Can someone explain to me the pulling power of Kevin Muscat. Even if someone just throws out afew names of players that would come to Newcastle if we had Muscat.

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    No only that, but he's won a title and he's a manager that would attract people to the club. This is something we don't currently have and as a result we are likely to have to pay overs for players to come and sign for us as we try and reuild.
    Perfect description of GVE

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    No only that, but he's won a title and he's a manager that would attract people to the club. This is something we don't currently have and as a result we are likely to have to pay overs for players to come and sign for us as we try and reuild.
    So... like GVE but without the benefit of having been looking after a heap of young Socceroo talent and the pulling power to get them to the club?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •