Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 155

Thread: New Coach Discussion

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,397
    So reports are GVE AKA Cous has been sounded out for his third coming.

    This being the case " Entity " can GTFO.

    Employing GVE means they just don't get it. The busiest blokes at the jets will be our keeper and two fullbacks and the stats guy tallying up the back passes between fullbacks and keeper.

    The rest of us may as well take our neck pillows and be woken up at games end just in time to hear GVE tell us in the post match presser although we didn't win on the scoreboard we did win the possession stat and that is all that counts.

  2. #82
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    New EC says they will look at keeping him if possible but that is beside the point.

    No new coach will be appointed by this consortium (why would they?) - they will leave it for a new owner.
    and yet they are talking about player signings etc? There was a longer snippet of Mattiske talking on tonight's news but I can't find it on the website, they did have Craig Johnston's segment on their though:

    https://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsfollow050120.mp4

    Yesterday's story
    https://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsmonday040121.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  3. #83
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,443
    Deans and Bowling can **** off after hugging that snake
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Deans and Bowling can **** off after hugging that snake
    Couldn't believe what I saw there, why would they hug that ####

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    688
    I think now is the time to give Deans the job until at least season's end, but in fairness to him next season as well.

    He has had the most difficult job of any A League manager this year and done a credible job. The Jets have played some decent football as well.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I think now is the time to give Deans the job until at least season's end, but in fairness to him next season as well.

    He has had the most difficult job of any A League manager this year and done a credible job. The Jets have played some decent football as well.
    Itís hard to argue with it and the lads seem to be playing for him

  7. #87
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,974
    I disagree. I think we need to break away completely from the structure we have had the last few years.

    Players have been hearing the same voices day in, day out for years and years. When Carl came in with his own assistant that was a breath of fresh air.

    I think we need to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  8. #88
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,412
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I think now is the time to give Deans the job until at least season's end, but in fairness to him next season as well.

    He has had the most difficult job of any A League manager this year and done a credible job. The Jets have played some decent football as well.
    My opinion is it is time Deans was given the full time job just so we can finally draw a close on that chapter. I can't see us cutting ties until we throw him in the deep end and hold him accountable for once. In his history involved in our club coaching setup I am yet to see anything of note he has actually achieved, yet somehow he still gets all this praise from somewhere. Let him go focus on his coaching courses etc, and let us aim much higher. Am absolutely happy for Deans to prove me wrong here - I'm even challenging him to.

    On a side note, giving Deans the full time job now and letting him see out the next 6-18 months means we avoid having GVE back at least for that time. Then hopefully by the end of Deans' time the ownership is settled, a proper coaching staff can be hired and the rebuild can commence.
    OK

  9. #89
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,950
    Im not seeing GVE being mentioned seriously in the media since that article came out last week that they have whittled it down to a shortlist. I think he was in that initial pool of applicants, however I also think the fact reporters saw him at training led to an assumption by the media. Looks like he was there as a helping hand for Deansy and the other coaches more than anything else.
    Again, no inside goss on this just my own assessment of the available info.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Im not seeing GVE being mentioned seriously in the media since that article came out last week that they have whittled it down to a shortlist. I think he was in that initial pool of applicants, however I also think the fact reporters saw him at training led to an assumption by the media. Looks like he was there as a helping hand for Deansy and the other coaches more than anything else.
    Again, no inside goss on this just my own assessment of the available info.
    Cant believe Furns left his password lying around when he interviewed the gypo CEO.
    They'll pocket anything those filthy coasties.

  11. #91
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,412
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Im not seeing GVE being mentioned seriously in the media since that article came out last week that they have whittled it down to a shortlist. I think he was in that initial pool of applicants, however I also think the fact reporters saw him at training led to an assumption by the media. Looks like he was there as a helping hand for Deansy and the other coaches more than anything else.
    Again, no inside goss on this just my own assessment of the available info.
    It has been mentioned several times that Prso came to the club because of GVE.

    It is hard not to assume the two main candidates the club are considering right now are Deans & GVE.
    OK

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,046
    The silence surrounding GVE suggests he's got the nod.

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,630
    I’m torn between Jeterpool and PV4.

    Depends what the entity want for us imo.

    If this was any of their respective clubs, they’d be researching and trying to bring in a top quality coach who maybe is renowned or maybe starting off, but I think they’d have a good pedigree. I think their selections, bar Robinson, are generally pretty regarded decisions. How many of these clubs are recycling coaches for a 3rd time. So, if they are serious about building us up, I think we go for a solid option of somebody with experience or great promise.

    If they are killing time and “nothing to lose” mentality or a sale seems imminent, then let’s go with Deans and end that chapter one way or another, in 4-18 months time or 5 years if he’s successful. Agree with the sentiment that he seems like “dead wood” around the club over the years. Just keeps hanging around. I imagine he’s always a good option that lives local and happy to get a modest cheque with not much pressure.

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    807
    Slater wants Deansy for our coach, surprised he didn't offer us Corica at a bargain basement price
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I disagree. I think we need to break away completely from the structure we have had the last few years.

    Players have been hearing the same voices day in, day out for years and years. When Carl came in with his own assistant that was a breath of fresh air.

    I think we need to move on.
    Deans has to be installed Full time coach. How can you have an interim coach for 3-4 months at the start of pre-season then remove him with decent results considering the turmoil. Give him to the end of next season, that is the fair way of doing it.

    If we were going to appoint another coach it had to be 2 months ago. Deans has overseen the pre-season, been one of the major players in recruitment. At the end of the day the Jets are playing decent, don't break it if it's not broken. I think we all agree, Dean's has been around long enough to deserve the opportunity.

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Deans has to be installed Full time coach. How can you have an interim coach for 3-4 months at the start of pre-season then remove him with decent results considering the turmoil. Give him to the end of next season, that is the fair way of doing it.

    If we were going to appoint another coach it had to be 2 months ago. Deans has overseen the pre-season, been one of the major players in recruitment. At the end of the day the Jets are playing decent, don't break it if it's not broken. I think we all agree, Dean's has been around long enough to deserve the opportunity.
    True this.

    If GVE gets the gig then clearly they should've waited til they got decent bunch of candidates too have chosen from.

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,030
    I also feel like the general public would actually prefer keeping Deans on over bringing in GVE

  18. #98
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,443
    Don’t understand the fuss over Deans, he hasn’t accomplished a whole lot aside from sticking around.

    The formations we’ve used are either the 5-2-1-2 that Snake brought in, or a fairly stock standard 4-2-3-1 from the GVE-Merrick days.

    All he does is make subs when players are tired and replace like for like, even if chasing the game. Assuming no injuries, our starting 11 is set in stone, with the only question over Prso and if he replaces Uga or Gus. I don’t think Deans is the answer, but maybe the full time gig might see him be a bit more adventurous.
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Don’t understand the fuss over Deans, he hasn’t accomplished a whole lot aside from sticking around.

    The formations we’ve used are either the 5-2-1-2 that Snake brought in, or a fairly stock standard 4-2-3-1 from the GVE-Merrick days.

    All he does is make subs when players are tired and replace like for like, even if chasing the game. Assuming no injuries, our starting 11 is set in stone, with the only question over Prso and if he replaces Uga or Gus. I don’t think Deans is the answer, but maybe the full time gig might see him be a bit more adventurous.
    I'm not too sure what you want Deans to do? What's your suggestions? I get what your saying, the Jets team is very predictable to pick. But he hasn't got the options of previous managers

    He has got a bench of the Petratos brothers and the kids coming through. Millar and Prso will add some depth, but the Jets need at least 2 more players to give Deans some serious options. Especially when injuries start to come in.

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Donít understand the fuss over Deans, he hasnít accomplished a whole lot aside from sticking around.

    The formations weíve used are either the 5-2-1-2 that Snake brought in, or a fairly stock standard 4-2-3-1 from the GVE-Merrick days.

    All he does is make subs when players are tired and replace like for like, even if chasing the game. Assuming no injuries, our starting 11 is set in stone, with the only question over Prso and if he replaces Uga or Gus. I donít think Deans is the answer, but maybe the full time gig might see him be a bit more adventurous.
    I guess it's not so much making a fuss over deans as it's him deserving a chance to have a full season over GVE getting his third stint

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •