Thread: Jets v Edgeworth 21.11.2020

Jets v Edgeworth 21.11.2020

Just going to post a quick summary of the game.

If you can't deal with my hack writing style, here is a link to the NBN news video: https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2020/11/2...nst-edgeworth/

Starting line-up and formation: 5-3-2

F - Yuel, O'Donovan
    M - Ugarkovic, Najjarine, Thurgate
    D - O'Toole, Topor-Stanley, Boogaard, Koutroumbis, Hoffman
    GK - Italiano

The four Olyroos (O'Toole, Thurgate, Koutroumbis & Najjarine) all looked in red hot form. The boys stuck to the 5-3-2 shape that we played under... him...

Najjarine played more advanced of the three of midfield and dominated, he also got into a bit of an altercation with some of the Edgeworth players, these are some big ticks in my book.

The only criticism would be that the strike pair of Yuel and O'Donovan could of made more happen in front of goal (Edit, Yuel did provide an assist so I may of been a little harsh), however this is still a early preseason game so there is plenty of time to get things clicking before the season starts.
    I would be shocked if we didn't end up signing Yuel, even though he didn't have too many chances on goal he defended and pressed really well from the front in combination with O'Donovan, they made life generally awful for the Edgeworth defence trying to play out from the back.
    25 mins in Noah James subbed on for Italiano, @NewcastleJetsFC tweeted this was due to a strain.
    The other regulars were excellent, but that should be expected against an NNSW NPL team.

It was 4-0 at HT after Najjarine and O'Toole both scored braces.

Duncan, Armson, Burke, Simmons, Seldon, K. Petratos, M. Petratos and Maurgis all started the second half with only Koutroumbis, Topor and Boogaard staying on.
    Watching the two Petrati lead the line together was wonderful, as well as seeing Antonee Burke and Jack Duncan back in Jets colours.
    The game had a bit more of an exhibition vibe in the second half with the Jets players putting on a show for the fans that had turned out, dominating possession in the process.
    Maki Petratos scored a 'rough as guts' goal that was celebrated like he scored in the 93rd minute.
    Topor-Stanley kept creeping forward and having the odd crack from outside the box.
    There could of been about 3 or 4 more goals scored if the boys were more clinical, this is still early preseason, the goals will come with more game time.
    Jack Duncan got maybe 5 touches in the 45 mins he played in goal.

The match ended 5-0 and was a pretty fun game to watch, well worth getting down to.
    Last edited by Clarkey; 23-11-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post

If you can't deal with my hack writing style, here is a link to the NBN news video: https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2020/11/2...nst-edgeworth/

F - Yuel, O'Donovan
    GK - Italiano

The four Olyroos (O'Toole, Thurgate, Koutroumbis & Najjarine) all looked in red hot form. The boys stuck to the 5-3-2 shape that we played under... him...

Najjarine played more advanced of the three of midfield and dominated, he also got into a bit of an altercation with some of the Edgeworth players, these are some big ticks in my book.

The only criticism would be that the strike pair of Yuel and O'Donovan could of made more happen in front of goal (Edit, Yuel did provide an assist so I may of been a little harsh), however this is still a early preseason game so there is plenty of time to get things clicking before the season starts.
    I would be shocked if we didn't end up signing Yuel, even though he didn't have too many chances on goal he defended and pressed really well from the front in combination with O'Donovan, they made life generally awful for the Edgeworth defence trying to play out from the back.
    25 mins in Noah James subbed on for Italiano, @NewcastleJetsFC tweeted this was due to a strain.
    The other regulars were excellent, but that should be expected against an NNSW NPL team.

Duncan, Armson, Burke, Simmons, Seldon, K. Petratos, M. Petratos and Maurgis all started the second half with only Koutroumbis, Topor and Boogaard staying on.
    Watching the two Petrati lead the line together was wonderful, as well as seeing Antonee Burke and Jack Duncan back in Jets colours.
    The game had a bit more of an exhibition vibe in the second half with the Jets players putting on a show for the fans that had turned out, dominating possession in the process.
    Maki Petratos scored a 'rough as guts' goal that was celebrated like he scored in the 93rd minute.
    Topor-Stanley kept creeping forward and having the odd crack from outside the box.
    There could of been about 3 or 4 more goals scored if the boys were more clinical, this is still early preseason, the goals will come with more game time.

The match ended 5-0 and was a pretty fun game to watch, well worth getting down to.
    How did the other trialists go apart from yuel? Jeremy Brockie and the Japanese guy from Wollongong must have both been moved on?
    Shame as I reckon we missed Brockie's best years when he went to South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    How did the other trialists go apart from yuel? Jeremy Brockie and the Japanese guy from Wollongong must have both been moved on?
    Shame as I reckon we missed Brockie's best years when he went to South Africa.
    Brockie has returned to North QLD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post

F - Yuel, O'Donovan
    GK - Italiano

Thanks for taking the time to provide the summary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to provide the summary.
    That's no problem. I just thought people might want a bit more than a 60 sec clip on NBN.