Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No brand A-league 20/21 - Match Week 1 - CCM v Jets - 31/12 7:00pm

Referee was an absolute disgrace and should never work in the A league ever again. In saying that the Jets were absolute shit, coach included.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

I thought we were decent on the ball and handled the Mariners with ease for most of the game. One pathetic mistake from our defence and our lack of desire and speed to win the ball back was the part that dissapointed me and cost us
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

i thought we weren't as bad as i was fearing we would be.

we were certainly rusty, and i know we were only playing the team we'll be battling for the wooden spoon, but their goal came from a miscommunication which i would expect will improve with time, and we had for the most part the better chances.

abbas added a lot when he came on but faded very quickly. our fullbacks looked like midgets and will be a problem for us throughout the season i think. najjarine was pretty good, particularly later in the game, but his defence was pretty woeful on a few occasions.

does anybody know what o'donovan got carded for? he barely even touched stensness. and what the hell was topor going ballistic about not long before half time? thought the refereeing was incredibly inconsistent - how the hell did bozanic not get a red for that challenge on hoffman? didn't even get a yellow and then later on in the game the ref was handed them out for far less dangerous challenges. hopefully the brave new world will bring in some fulltime referees.

I blame Griffiths

In addition, a person described as a DOF and OM is rarely mentioned on here at all. So what the hell does he do and what is he doing.Unpopular question that the nerds don't confront because they are nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i thought we weren't as bad as i was fearing we would be.

we were certainly rusty, and i know we were only playing the team we'll be battling for the wooden spoon, but their goal came from a miscommunication which i would expect will improve with time, and we had for the most part the better chances.

abbas added a lot when he came on but faded very quickly. our fullbacks looked like midgets and will be a problem for us throughout the season i think. najjarine was pretty good, particularly later in the game, but his defence was pretty woeful on a few occasions.

does anybody know what o'donovan got carded for? he barely even touched stensness. and what the hell was topor going ballistic about not long before half time? thought the refereeing was incredibly inconsistent - how the hell did bozanic not get a red for that challenge on hoffman? didn't even get a yellow and then later on in the game the ref was handed them out for far less dangerous challenges. hopefully the brave new world will bring in some fulltime referees.
    Have we confirmed oToole? got a call from the keeper? Watching it, keeper looks so far back and should be able to see and smell the stench of a coastie coming towards him, if he calls keeper then that’s a big blunder for mine. And old mate should’ve just headed it and not pulled out. Anyway

I think Odonovan “punches” the guy in the back as he challenges. That’s what I saw anyway. It looks like he swings a fist into his back. I think stajic was questioning why it wasn’t VARed and red card.

Thought najjarine looked pretty dangerous in comparison. Watched him play for Olyroos against Sydney or MacArthur and thought he looked good in attack.