Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Is that Broadmeadow Magic pitch the worst in the comp by a long way or what
    It is a shocker. It will take more than a little bit of ‘Magic’ to fix it for their FFA Cup game against WSW.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Sorry , what are Southy running in 2nd division ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with NPL
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Think you have wrong person, nothing to do with Southy. ForeverRed is who you are thinking of maybe.

Just my observations from watching game yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    after weekend, the whole team and coaching staff

No other threads goin' off

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Gets upset and hissys everytime someone mentions Magic. Ignore the child.

Pretty interested who Cooks Hill decide on filling their roster with. Will there be many imports?
    pffft...and NL can start with importing turf or at least some elbow grease on that field for zpl nxt year.
    decided to drop in on 'the match of the round' for a half. Played on a goat track. Dic-grace.
    az for cookers, 1/2 looked like they arent interested cause they possibly won't be there or at least in 1st grade nxt year
    and the other half probably think they're a shoe in. both about right. Funny place for tanch to be in tbh. Players in limbo.
    some of those newer cookers boys I've seen in npl before are looking like 2 x a week training. gonna have to step back up lads

Pretty scary for some of those nl1 clubs if those rumours of Toronto and singleton are true. Might be a shakeup
    of the juniors for them to survive. 8 team comp. woo hoo!! 3 rounds???

Quote Originally Posted by fozphantom View Post
    pffft...and NL can start with importing turf or at least some elbow grease on that field for zpl nxt year.
    decided to drop in on 'the match of the round' for a half. Played on a goat track. Dic-grace.
    az for cookers, 1/2 looked like they arent interested cause they possibly won't be there or at least in 1st grade nxt year
    and the other half probably think they're a shoe in. both about right. Funny place for tanch to be in tbh. Players in limbo.
    some of those newer cookers boys I've seen in npl before are looking like 2 x a week training. gonna have to step back up lads

Pretty scary for some of those nl1 clubs if those rumours of Toronto and singleton are true. Might be a shakeup
    of the juniors for them to survive. 8 team comp. woo hoo!! 3 rounds???
    and Chernobyl athletics track is a master piece

to even think cookers weren't there to win,maybe there is a real reason, spend approx $100k on players and 5-1 loss, 4-1 loss ?
    Last edited by W8 WATCHER; 26-07-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Cooks Hill should drag all those NL 1st graders in for an NPL trial for next year.
    Same with their youth.
    Just keep the pettiness going, its fast becoming one of the best rivalries in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Gets upset and hissys everytime someone mentions Magic. Ignore the child.

Pretty interested who Cooks Hill decide on filling their roster with. Will there be many imports?
    and Chernobyl athletics track is a master piece :wanker

to even think cookers weren't they to win, 5-1 loss, 4-1 loss ?

Guess who's not been down Nat pk st for a while peeps? or actually at a cookers game??
    Went there for the 2nd half of the Belmont swansea game. another MOTR IRRC?
    Looked pretty good to me. especially for this time of the year. yes, its been horrendous in he past
    That new watering system they put in is the ducks guts. have they oversewn with rye too?
    Looking like The Jam song 'Pretty Green' now.

Next...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Cooks Hill should drag all those NL 1st graders in for an NPL trial for next year.
    Same with their youth.
    Just keep the pettiness going, its fast becoming one of the best rivalries in sports.
    great call, GOP
    they might win then, and save money on player payments

EXCELLENT NEWS for them being promoted, no issues here, there should be more teams given the opportunity to have a go,(gets boring watching the same teams finishing in the same place each year) the question is will NNSW F give them 5 +years to establish and stay there, like Buds, Valo and Lakes have?

think I've read on this forum somewhere that their budget isn't much more than what Lawsie had. and that figure touted is way off the mark.
    it's lower in case that needs explaining. they saved some bucks on the weekend then lol even lower now

Yes, good point on that precedent. I'll ask a mate at the club if that has been broached. considering they won it 3 times and at the end got told no.
    all npl clubs had that amnesty during that period.

I attended the Edgeworth Eagles versing Lambton Jaffas weekend past. First thing noticeable was the new facilities and also the floodlights appear to be of a very high standard as well as a good pitch to play on .

This club would appear to be positioning themselves very well for the much discussed National 2nd division which we keep hearing about on the news.

The game itself was enjoyable to watch and in the balance all day so a draw most probably the right outcome. I must say I am surprised that nobody has yet opened discussion on the disgusting attack of an Edgeworth player by the Lambton Jaffas player late in the game . If someone attacked another person in this manner on the street it would likely be treated as a common assault charge on another person.

Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    I attended the Edgeworth Eagles versing Lambton Jaffas weekend past. First thing noticeable was the new facilities and also the floodlights appear to be of a very high standard as well as a good pitch to play on .

This club would appear to be positioning themselves very well for the much discussed National 2nd division which we keep hearing about on the news.

The game itself was enjoyable to watch and in the balance all day so a draw most probably the right outcome. I must say I am surprised that nobody has yet opened discussion on the disgusting attack of an Edgeworth player by the Lambton Jaffas player late in the game . If someone attacked another person in this manner on the street it would likely be treated as a common assault charge on another person.
    Disgraceful attack by Michael Sessions from the Jaffas . Should receive a minimum of 5 matches under the rules. Let's see what Northern hand down today

Disgraceful attack by Michael Sessions from the Jaffas . Should receive a minimum of 5 matches under the rules. Let's see what Northern hand down today
    He must have had a brain snap being that far forward. Seriously though that was a gutless shot. I've heard he's fancied a bit in MMA - get in the ring then and aim up toe to toe if that's your go. Deserves what they throw at him. Gutless.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    He must have had a brain snap being that far forward. Seriously though that was a gutless shot. I've heard he's fancied a bit in MMA - get in the ring then and aim up toe to toe if that's your go. Deserves what they throw at him. Gutless.
    Sessions received 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Sessions received 2 weeks
    I cannot believe he only got 2 weeks for that unprovoked violent off the ball attack. How did Northern come up with that punishment seriously and he has a lengthy form line in this area as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    I cannot believe he only got 2 weeks for that unprovoked violent off the ball attack. How did Northern come up with that punishment seriously and he has a lengthy form line in this area as well.
    Does that surprise you with Northern , can’t get anything right . Total incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Does that surprise you with Northern , can’t get anything right . Total incompetence.
    Every person who knows anything about football knows the Sessions should have gotten 5 weeks suspension, except the people running the game.
    Disgraceful

Every person who knows anything about football knows the Sessions should have gotten 5 weeks suspension, except the people running the game.
    Disgraceful
    Wouldn't it be refreshing if Jaffas took the lead and imposed a sanction of some type. It's a terrible look from their club captain and coach has said he doesn't condone it.

Disgraceful
    100%, NNSWF ruling depends on the referee report, and judging by the pattern of penalties for blatant strikes to players heads that only have received 2 weeks the referees have something to answer for aswell in their reporting. The Eagles player was treated for a bloody nose, does this not constitute injury to the player caused by the violent conduct. An absolute joke. Just like the 2 weeks for the Weston player who king hit the Magic Keeper to the ground in 18s.

Player should have just stayed on the ground and ambulance called, game abandoned after 75th minute result stands.

And for reference Lundy and Moore did not receive their suspensions for the fight/scuffle, their charges were bringing the game into disrepute because it made the paper and public eye.

100%, NNSWF ruling depends on the referee report, and judging by the pattern of penalties for blatant strikes to players heads that only have received 2 weeks the referees have something to answer for aswell in their reporting. The Eagles player was treated for a bloody nose, does this not constitute injury to the player caused by the violent conduct. An absolute joke. Just like the 2 weeks for the Weston player who king hit the Magic Keeper to the ground in 18s.

Player should have just stayed on the ground and ambulance called, game abandoned after 75th minute result stands.

And for reference Lundy and Moore did not receive their suspensions for the fight/scuffle, their charges were bringing the game into disrepute because it made the paper and public eye.
    Agree with all of this Magician. But maybe instead of just relying on the referees report someone at headquarters could have watched the incident on bartv, its pretty clear vision of a punch to the face

Agree with all of this Magician. But maybe instead of just relying on the referees report someone at headquarters could have watched the incident on bartv, its pretty clear vision of a punch to the face
    https://www.bartvsports.com.au/footb...ton-jaffas-fc/

@ 1:48:14

Completely uncalled for. 2 weeks is a farce.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

100%, NNSWF ruling depends on the referee report, and judging by the pattern of penalties for blatant strikes to players heads that only have received 2 weeks the referees have something to answer for aswell in their reporting.
    Fun fact, the report automatically deems any red cards of that nature medium to high in severity. It’s actually impossible for the report to say it was a strike to the head, but it’s low severity. As such it’s on northern, but sure, let’s blame the referees for northern not giving a harsher sentence, we blame them for everything else.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out