Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Sessions, Griffiths, McNaughton, maj, and Jacob pepper?!?! All to cooks hill on ridiculously high wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Why is CCTV not allowed?
    Seems ridiculous.
    Something about privacy I've been told. Would be interested to know if it is true and the real reason, it does sound like one of those things that has circulated by someone who didn't want it installed or was denied once by council so people give up.

LMCC does have a full policy about having it installed and will grant leasees approval if the reasons for installing it are worthwhile and part of a crime prevention strategy.

One thing it does say when making determination is "if the problem is on going or a one off event" It wouldn't surprise me that Edgeworth once asked years ago and was no granted approval because it only happened once. Also wouldn't surprise me if Edgeworth haven't asked because they were told by another group once that Council have told them you can't put up CCTV and so have just believed it.

https://www.lakemac.com.au/files/ass...-version-1.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Sessions, Griffiths, McNaughton, maj, and Jacob pepper?!?! All to cooks hill on ridiculously high wages.
    Tancevski at his best, pay day for all his old mates.
    Do you coach a team, or buy a team?

Apparently a decision on the season will be made as early as Friday when lockdown dates are announced. Apparently a zoom meeting between the clubs and northern today or tomorrow to put everything in place before the announcement on Friday.
    My guess would be season over

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Big signings

Who has Magic signed ?

Big clean out there

Hoole, Griffiths, Virgilli x 2, Alex Kant all confirmed gone.

Anyone know of players coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by Allimpic View Post
    Big signings

Who has Magic signed ?

Big clean out there

Hoole, Griffiths, Virgilli x 2, Alex Kant all confirmed gone.

Anyone know of players coming in?
    Throw in Sam Walker and Mitch Rooke

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Throw in Sam Walker and Mitch Rooke
    Where are they off to?

Apparently a decision on the season will be made as early as Friday when lockdown dates are announced. Apparently a zoom meeting between the clubs and northern today or tomorrow to put everything in place before the announcement on Friday.
    My guess would be season over
    Yep inside info I’ve been told it’s over. Still confirming status of Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Yep inside info I’ve been told it’s over. Still confirming status of Premiers.
    What Premiers Johnno. You can't award a Premiership after only 16 of 18 rounds are played. Unless a team is 7 points clear.
    The competition started out as an 18 round comp and nothing has changed. No Premiers for me this year sorry

What Premiers Johnno. You can't award a Premiership after only 16 of 18 rounds are played. Unless a team is 7 points clear.
    The competition started out as an 18 round comp and nothing has changed. No Premiers for me this year sorry
    Yep understand that’s your view I’m sure Jaffas have a different view. As I’ve said previously the Zone Leagues etc award Premiers with their seasons cut short. I wouldn’t be surprised if same happens. Otherwise what’s the purpose of the whole season if they don’t nothing?

Nswnpl and vicnpl both had 6 plus games remaining. Maybe should look at table at half way point where everyone had played each other once. Still think Jaffas were on top by memory. I do not have any issues if comp cancelled and declared using current ladder. How it has ended is outside any bodies control.

Quote Originally Posted by Dt123 View Post
    Not really fair to award a premiership when 3 teams that can potentially win it play eachother over the next rounds
    Those other two teams shouldn't have lost those games earlier in the year.

Not really your decision

Apparently the clubs said they needed at least a month once training resumes to be able to play. That means even if lockdown is only extended to the end of September, the season wouldn't be finishing till near Christmas so too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Those other two teams shouldn't have lost those games earlier in the year.
    I recall posting a couple of months ago that as many games as possible should've been played ASAP at that time, blind Freddy could see this was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    I recall posting a couple of months ago that as many games as possible should've been played ASAP at that time, blind Freddy could see this was going to happen.
    You did Alton. Very poor vision and planning from Northern …………………… oh hang on whats new.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Rule 1: no one listens.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Apparently the clubs said they needed at least a month once training resumes to be able to play. That means even if lockdown is only extended to the end of September, the season wouldn't be finishing till near Christmas so too late.
    might have to make it 2 weeks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dt123 View Post
    Not really fair to award a premiership when 3 teams that can potentially win it play eachother over the next rounds
    Jaffas already beat Maitland. If anyone aggrieved it should be Edgey. They beat Jafs and a draw during the season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    might have to make it 2 weeks
    maybe less