Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 810

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I thought that clubs couldn't sign players after the June 30 deadline. Am I missing something here
    He was actually signed over two weeks ago, not sure why heís only been announced today.
    He has played reserve grade the last two weeks

  2. #542
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    With Weston and Valo both having home games this weekend what are the chances of both calling their games off .
    I noticed Valo are playing at Cahill Oval , surely the cricket pitch is out already
    Weston have already called of the U/18's due to COVID restrictions. Don't they have U/16's they could promote?
    Not a good look for the club as their 18's season is now effectively over with restrictions not expected to be lifted anytime soon.
    Surely the 16's would have loved the opportunity to step up and play for the 18's and continue their development.

  3. #543
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosebeer View Post
    Weston have already called of the U/18's due to COVID restrictions. Don't they have U/16's they could promote?
    Not a good look for the club as their 18's season is now effectively over with restrictions not expected to be lifted anytime soon.
    Surely the 16's would have loved the opportunity to step up and play for the 18's and continue their development.
    No love lost between Weston and Edgeworth, 0-0 draw imposed by NNSW Football for COVID affected games could cost Edgeworth an Under 18 premiership. It will be interesting to see if Weston field a team in the next 2 weeks of lock downs

  4. #544
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    No love lost between Weston and Edgeworth, 0-0 draw imposed by NNSW Football for COVID affected games could cost Edgeworth an Under 18 premiership. It will be interesting to see if Weston field a team in the next 2 weeks of lock downs
    Shows what a joke football is in this region that the so called elite competition can be allowed by Northern, to degenerate to the point Weston is not prepared to allow young guys a chance by playing up.

    To call off a game in 18s because a few players are unavailable in firsts is a complete disgrace, and should not be allowed, not at the so called elite level in our region.

    You would love to be paying $1000+ only to have your games not played for fear of a loss!

    Shameful
    Last edited by hamburgler; 18-07-2021 at 11:33 AM.

  5. #545
    Senior Member Zico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Shows what a joke football is in this region that the so called elite competition can be allowed by Northern, to degenerate to the point Weston is not prepared to allow young guys a chance by playing up.

    To call off a game in 18s because a few players are unavailable in firsts is a complete disgrace, and should not be allowed, not at the so called elite level in our region.

    You would love to be paying $1000+ only to have your games not played for fear of a loss!

    Shameful
    Northern need to grow a spine and force clubs to play players up an age. All clubs have players from U/10ís up that they can now promote to the age above so there is no excuse.

    Weston are kidding themselves and the lack of interest in the development of their youth players is criminal.

  6. #546
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Northern need to grow a spine and force clubs to play players up an age. All clubs have players from U/10ís up that they can now promote to the age above so there is no excuse.

    Weston are kidding themselves and the lack of interest in the development of their youth players is criminal.
    Funny how half the players they said they had out played last night.
    Joke of a club

  7. #547
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Funny how half the players they said they had out played last night.
    Joke of a club
    Sad considering their history, but cannot disagree, they are a joke

  8. #548
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    451
    Charlestown 4 lakes 1
    Maitland 3 valo 1
    Last finals spot up for grabs. Charlestown play Olympic twice so if they win both I think they will sneak home

  9. #549
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    8
    To all you clowns that constantly criticise the current NPL clubs, which club are you running? The demands on the volunteers running each club increases every year. The amount of people that are willing to help decreases (apart from people wanting to light a bbq). If you all think the clubs are so bad, why donít you go and get involved in an NPL club? I can assure you itís much more difficult than running a ZPL or all age team. If you are not willing to step up then put your guns away!! It takes much more than turning up and putting up the nets while your head coach finishes his durry and beer before your pub game!

  10. #550
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    To all you clowns that constantly criticise the current NPL clubs, which club are you running? The demands on the volunteers running each club increases every year. The amount of people that are willing to help decreases (apart from people wanting to light a bbq). If you all think the clubs are so bad, why donít you go and get involved in an NPL club? I can assure you itís much more difficult than running a ZPL or all age team. If you are not willing to step up then put your guns away!! It takes much more than turning up and putting up the nets while your head coach finishes his durry and beer before your pub game!
    Whatís your point, the majority of forum comments are about club decisions i.e not fielding an 18,s team when 16s can play up, not fielding a first grade team when others just as affected by COVID do, NOT about how a club is run.

  11. #551
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    8
    My point is that you are all Eddie the Expert but you have never actually run a club. Once upon a time, the clubs consisted of 3 senior teams. Now you have U9s through to first grade and itís a lot of work! So maybe the volunteers need a hand rather than your ignorant opinions!

  12. #552
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    My point is that you are all Eddie the Expert but you have never actually run a club. Once upon a time, the clubs consisted of 3 senior teams. Now you have U9s through to first grade and itís a lot of work! So maybe the volunteers need a hand rather than your ignorant opinions!
    1. How do you know Iíve never run a club
    2. How do you known I donít volunteer
    3. Iím old enough to know clubs only had 3 teams at one time and now they run programs through to under 9s and some even have womenís programs, SO again I ask whatís your point.

    Again this forum raises a lot of questions and points a lot of criticism about clubs decision making, why are clubs charging so much for rego, why does one club play when COVID affected when others donít, how dumb was XYZ appointing ABC as a coach etc. etc.
    I donít believe too many people on this forum question or criticise the amount of work and time volunteers put in, including myself.

    I know regos are so high because, clubs pay coaches, clubs pay coaching accreditationís, clubs pay federation fees, clubs pay for TD,s, clubs pay council ground higher fees, clubs pay for equipment (not just balls bibs and cones, itís now video and gps tracking devices) and some even pay first grade player bonuses. Now paying first grade players out of regos is not a criticism on the amount of hard work and volunteer time that goes into running a club but it is questioning a clubs decision making.

  13. #553
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    24
    I attended the Adamstown Rosebud versing The Broadmeadow Magic game at the weekend . Well done to the young Rosebuds for hanging in to gain a point. Broadmeadow enjoyed the bulk of the game and missed many opportunities but the effort the Rosebuds put into the game was deserving reward for the point.

    The other point to raise is the state of all the pitches currently . I have noticed this on pretty much all the grounds I have attended recently. Speaking with a senior coach of Broadmeadow at the weekend he simply put it down to massive upscale of traffic the grounds are now having to cope with. It certainly does affect the balance and quality of the football being played.

  14. #554
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    594
    Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    I attended the Adamstown Rosebud versing The Broadmeadow Magic game at the weekend . Well done to the young Rosebuds for hanging in to gain a point. Broadmeadow enjoyed the bulk of the game and missed many opportunities but the effort the Rosebuds put into the game was deserving reward for the point.

    The other point to raise is the state of all the pitches currently . I have noticed this on pretty much all the grounds I have attended recently. Speaking with a senior coach of Broadmeadow at the weekend he simply put it down to massive upscale of traffic the grounds are now having to cope with. It certainly does affect the balance and quality of the football being played.
    Have you been out to Maitland lately, still looks amazing.

  15. #555
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Have you been out to Maitland lately, still looks amazing.
    Not recently . I was to attend the game with Maitland Magpies versing Broadmeadow Magic some weeks ago but took ill preventing me from attending . Watching recent games on TV it would appear that pitch would be in better condition than the games I have attended recently .

    From memory the Adamstown Rosebud pitch has always been one of the better locally hence my surprise at the condition of it at the weekend.

  16. #556
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    I attended the Adamstown Rosebud versing The Broadmeadow Magic game at the weekend . Well done to the young Rosebuds for hanging in to gain a point. Broadmeadow enjoyed the bulk of the game and missed many opportunities but the effort the Rosebuds put into the game was deserving reward for the point.

    The other point to raise is the state of all the pitches currently . I have noticed this on pretty much all the grounds I have attended recently. Speaking with a senior coach of Broadmeadow at the weekend he simply put it down to massive upscale of traffic the grounds are now having to cope with. It certainly does affect the balance and quality of the football being played.
    Wakey,wakey, the clubs used to have 3 x grades on their pitch and could keep off it most of the week in readiness for game day than bingo, some decision makers say you have to expand to 10-15 more teams and use the same ground !!

  17. #557
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Whatís your point, the majority of forum comments are about club decisions i.e not fielding an 18,s team when 16s can play up, not fielding a first grade team when others just as affected by COVID do, NOT about how a club is run.
    And even if it was plenty of people at clubs that are unwilling to allow new people in to help run the club or at the very least make any real decisions.

  18. #558
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    Not recently . I was to attend the game with Maitland Magpies versing Broadmeadow Magic some weeks ago but took ill preventing me from attending . Watching recent games on TV it would appear that pitch would be in better condition than the games I have attended recently .

    From memory the Adamstown Rosebud pitch has always been one of the better locally hence my surprise at the condition of it at the weekend.
    Adamstown Juniors managed to get time on it from the council for the WPL teams to train on so now it is used during the week for training as well as just for NPL and WPL games that it has had for past few years.

  19. #559
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    466
    Who is everyone's top 5 predictions with 4 rounds to go.
    1st Magic
    2nd Jaffas
    3rd Edgeworth
    4th Maitland
    5th Olympic

  20. #560
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    And even if it was plenty of people at clubs that are unwilling to allow new people in to help run the club or at the very least make any real decisions.
    I think Stan is a bit upset

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •