Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Apparently Charlestown Azzurri have a new movie coming out....It's called "Licence to Dive". What an embarrassment to the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjaffa View Post
    Apparently Charlestown Azzurri have a new movie coming out....It's called "Licence to Dive". What an embarrassment to the sport.
    I attended this match with Newcastle Olympic versing The Charlestown Azzurri . I must say I cannot agree with the view that the Charlestown players acted unsporting. My view of the game is that only Charlestown Azzurri tried to play the game and it was a clear target play by the Newcastle Olympic to target fouls and individual opposition players.

In other games one would think that the league appears a 3 team race now between Lambton Jaffas , Edgeworth Eagles and Maitland. Having attended the Maitland Magpies versing Adamstown Rosebud game on the Saturday evening I must comment on how dangerous Maitland appear every time they go forward and the final few games are going to be very exciting games to attend to see who prevails.

Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    I attended this match with Newcastle Olympic versing The Charlestown Azzurri . I must say I cannot agree with the view that the Charlestown players acted unsporting. My view of the game is that only Charlestown Azzurri tried to play the game and it was a clear target play by the Newcastle Olympic to target fouls and individual opposition players.

In other games one would think that the league appears a 3 team race now between Lambton Jaffas , Edgeworth Eagles and Maitland. Having attended the Maitland Magpies versing Adamstown Rosebud game on the Saturday evening I must comment on how dangerous Maitland appear every time they go forward and the final few games are going to be very exciting games to attend to see who prevails.
    Look dangerous going forward but geez the keeper is suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post

We'll have to agree to disagree about Charlestown, but I do agree with you that Maitland look pretty threatening in attack.

Lakes looking for a new coach. Anyone surprised

Bit of trouble in the camp at lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    Bit of trouble in the camp at lakes
    New Coach and new players I believe a lot of the big name signings will be one season wonders. I can’t fathom why they went there………

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    New Coach and new players I believe a lot of the big name signings will be one season wonders. I can’t fathom why they went there………
    $$$

See how many get paid at the end of the year

So what’s the shortlist look like to replace Rufo?

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Joel Griffiths

Steve piggott

Same old faces doing the rounds
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Steve piggott
    Who’s Steve piggott

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    Who’s Steve piggott
    Was head coach at Weston before Leo Bertos took over. Most recently was coaching Toronto 1st grade

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Was head coach at Weston before Leo Bertos took over. Most recently was coaching Toronto 1st grade
    Coached at Azzurri in the “Highfields” phase. Then somewhere I can’t recall, back to Azzurri FC era 19s, then to South Cardiff, took them to a grand final. Then weston…..

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Coached at Azzurri in the “Highfields” phase. Then somewhere I can’t recall, back to Azzurri FC era 19s, then to South Cardiff, took them to a grand final. Then weston…..
    Can get a team to a GF

I would imagine Steve would go back to Toronto once he is back to full health. Only reason he stepped down was to have his knee surgery I believe.

André Gumprecht the tip he has parted ways with Bel/Swans former Lakes player has always had ambitions to coach in NPL.

So the list so far

Joel Griffiths
    Steve Piggott
    Andre Gumprecht