Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Adamstown Rosebud are on the up. They have signed a strong young squad (rather than a bunch of 35 year olds). My sources also tell me they have attracted some big sponsors this season but refusing to spend it on pensioners. Watched them against Olympic and Azzurri and they looked very competitive. They will surprise a few teams this season and will finish mid table!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    100% right Froggy. How Lakes think this strategy of buying 35-year-old plus players is going to work is beyond me they’re purely there for one reason. It’s highly unlikely they were playing the full allotment of games through injury and fatigue this was evident when Valentine followed a similar strategy under their previous coach in the past few years and they never finished higher than the boot on two or three.
    They aren't buying them to fill the team, they are buying them for the experience they give to the rest of the senior squad which are made up of young players some who only debuted in first grade last season. If you want to complain about teams that aren't interested in youth players I could point you to several other clubs? But then its always easy to have an opinion when you don't really have any idea what's going on, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Adamstown Rosebud are on the up. They have signed a strong young squad (rather than a bunch of 35 year olds). My sources also tell me they have attracted some big sponsors this season but refusing to spend it on pensioners. Watched them against Olympic and Azzurri and they looked very competitive. They will surprise a few teams this season and will finish mid table!
    I’m loving the trend towards youth this year in all aspects of football. The A league hasn’t been this interesting for a long time and hopefully the NPL comp will benefit too

Magic and Edgeworth keep knocking out the results.
    Does anyone know how Jaffas trial results have gone

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Magic and Edgeworth keep knocking out the results.
    Does anyone know how Jaffas trial results have gone
    I know Jaffa’s lost 0-5 to Northern tigers after being 0-0 at half time.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I know Jaffa’s lost 0-5 to Northern tigers after being 0-0 at half time.
    No shame in that, the tigers are a strong club

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    No shame in that, the tigers are a strong club
    No judgement here. Just the only result I know.
    From what I understand only 1 team in Jaffa’s from U9’s through to first grade didn’t lose. Shows the strength of Tigers considering how well some of the Jaffa’s teams perform.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I took in the Adamstown Rosebud played Weston Bears game at the weekend .

Second time i have watched a young Adamstown Rosebud game in recent weeks and again i have been impressed with the performance and willingness of this young team.

Broadmeadow Magic result against Maitland Magpies suggests they may be slight favourites for 2021.

That said , I have yet to witness the Edgeworth Eagles or Lambton Jaffas in a pre season fixture so i will keep my powder dry at this early stage with regard my prediction for 2021.

Charlestown 2 Maitland 2
    Olympic 5 Valentine 0

A long year ahead for Valentine again from what I saw yesterday.
    Heard Maitland led 2.0 after 15 minutes and then Charlestown controlled the rest of the match and were unlucky not to win

Anyone at the Buds v Cookers trial game know why it was cut short.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post

When was it played

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Buds were up 2-0 controlling the game , could’ve been 3-4 up. Huge punch up between the two sides which I think cooks hill initiated. They did seem quite agitated throughout the game , both coaches just called the game off there.

Quote Originally Posted by John23 View Post
    Buds were up 2-0 controlling the game , could’ve been 3-4 up. Huge punch up between the two sides which I think cooks hill initiated. They did seem quite agitated throughout the game , both coaches just called the game off there.
    lol thats not a good look

Buds player shown a straight red for spitting towards a cooks player. Could see him on the sidelines for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Buds player shown a straight red for spitting towards a cooks player. Could see him on the sidelines for a while
    A very bad look if true. Wasn't it against the Buds when Ox got suspended for spitting.
    I remember the Buds being very vocal about it, let's see what action they take against one of their own

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    A very bad look if true. Wasn't it against the Buds when Ox got suspended for spitting.
    I remember the Buds being very vocal about it, let's see what action they take against one of their own
    looking at 5 weeks from northern

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    looking at 5 weeks from northern
    Who knows what the punishment might be in a covid world

Suspension is quarantine at home for 5 weeks

What are the groups thoughts on this coming season 2021 NNSW National Premier League ?.

From the games I have watched i would predict that Broadmeadow Magic under the leadership of Damon Zane will be very strong.

Does anyone with knowledge of any other teams have another they believe will challange for the Premiership this year ?.

would have been more if it had landed on player.