without fees FFS
    Why without fees, they’re not a charity, maybe reduce fees

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    This is where NNSWF should step in ... play games on facility
    without fees FFS
    F##k the facility. There are spare weekends in place for wash outs

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    F##k the facility. There are spare weekends in place for wash outs
    synthetic fields are awful. why do we keep putting them in?
    it breaks my heart to see clubs like APIA installing them in their grounds and ruining a perfectly fine grass field

Rain will have a huge effect on games that take place this weekend. This is an incredible shame as one was very much looking forward to taking in a game or two of senior NPL football this weekend .

If I had to guess I would also suggest the Weston Workers hosting Lambton Jaffas as the mostly likely to go ahead .

That said, fingers crossed for the Edgeworth Eagles hosting Maitland Magpies to get the green light as that could be a superb game.

I have been informed that both the Macquarie Field and Lisle Carr Oval are both very heavy and unlikely to host any games this weekend even at this early stage in the week regardless of weather patterns.

No clubs should be allowed to call off 1st Grade
    The referee and NNSW official (yes I know that means them coming out of the office) should make the call 1 hour before ko giving the ground every chance of being fit for play

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    The referee and NNSW official (yes I know that means them coming out of the office) should make the call 1 hour before ko giving the ground every chance of being fit for play
    Agree with this far to many games seem to be conveniently called off by some clubs. Needs to be as you outlined Swanky.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    It's a tough one, I believe there has definitely been tactical ground closures previously which is pretty poor. However, shouldn't the people responsibility for maintaining the surface over the course of a season have the final say? Referees can only call it off if there is a danger to player safety.

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    It's a tough one, I believe there has definitely been tactical ground closures previously which is pretty poor. However, shouldn't the people responsibility for maintaining the surface over the course of a season have the final say? Referees can only call it off if there is a danger to player safety.
    Keeping a good surface is good for me as a spectator. I don't want to watch a game in a terrible surface. It turns out being a game of forcy backs. I am not paying paying to watch a game on crap surface.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Keeping a good surface is good for me as a spectator. I don't want to watch a game in a terrible surface. It turns out being a game of forcy backs. I am not paying paying to watch a game on crap surface.
    This is a good point and how many grounds will be damaged for weeks if games are on this weekend.
    Let's not forget people, we had an extraordinary amount of rain over 5 days.
    But now all the critics will come out and say we have had 3 days of sunshine so the games should be on

Edgy has been mown today

Probably going to be more like 4 days of sunshine and plenty of wind to dry out grounds. Also most grounds have had drainage upgrades over recent years, so hopeful of a good start to the season. Even if some lower grades are postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    This is a good point and how many grounds will be damaged for weeks if games are on this weekend.
    Let's not forget people, we had an extraordinary amount of rain over 5 days.
    But now all the critics will come out and say we have had 3 days of sunshine so the games should be on
    8 months rain in a week. Your being unreasonable if you blow up cause a ground is off this weekend

Agree. With many parts of the state underwater, bit rough.
    Also feel like the “protect the fields” argument is one that can only really be used for the first 2/3rds of the season at best. (Unless you’re hosting a GF) or home semi.
    If both teams agree, postpone.
    If teams disagree, NNSW should decide, cause like that’s their role right? To govern the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    games wont play for at least 2 weeks.. its been flooding people
    At least half the games 1st grade games will be played this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Agree. With many parts of the state underwater, bit rough.
    Also feel like the “protect the fields” argument is one that can only really be used for the first 2/3rds of the season at best. (Unless you’re hosting a GF) or home semi.
    If both teams agree, postpone.
    If teams disagree, NNSW should decide, cause like that’s their role right? To govern the competition.
    Somewhat irrelevant what other parts of the state are underwater, most of the NPL fields have decent drainage and probably have no surface water on them already. Should be fine by Saturday, but understand precautions if some clubs postpone lower grades to protect fields. Long walk in Newy today across several parks (not football fields) and didn't get any wet feet, although Islington pitch had surface water.

Why are all three games today on at the same time or similar, crazy, don’t clubs want to attract crowds,

Magic with a last minute equaliser to draw 2 - 2 with Lakes.
    Maitland 1 . 0 over Edgeworth

Long year for the Rosebuds