Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 411

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

  1. #261
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    9
    They have Luke Rutledge who signed
    from Adamstown last year as a CB option , however unsure if heís played at all this season

  2. #262
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    412
    Lakes 3 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 1 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 3 Weston 1
    Jaffas 4 Adamstown 0
    Magic 6 Valo 0

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,149
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
    With Joel Griffiths out and Cody Lucas suspended Olympic are going to be very short at the back this weekend. Is Joel's injury a serious one? Can see Lakes taking advantage and scoring a few going off how they have started the season
    Herald seems to lean towards acl.
    Says he felt pop and same leg he did previously. Awaiting swelling to go down and then for scans.

  4. #264
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Lakes 3 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 1 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 3 Weston 1
    Jaffas 4 Adamstown 0
    Magic 6 Valo 0
    Lakes 4 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 2 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 1 Weston 0
    Jaffas 3 Adamstown 0
    Magic 5 Valo 1

  5. #265
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
    Lakes 4 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 2 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 1 Weston 0
    Jaffas 3 Adamstown 0
    Magic 5 Valo 1
    Lake Macquarie 1-1 Olympic
    Edgeworth 2-1 Azzurri
    Maitland 2-0 Weston
    Lambton 4-1 Adamstowm
    Magic 2-1 Valentine

  6. #266
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
    Lakes 4 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 2 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 1 Weston 0
    Jaffas 3 Adamstown 0
    Magic 5 Valo 1
    Lakes 3-2 Olympic
    Edgy 4-1 Azzurri
    Maitland 3-0 Weston
    Jaffas 5-0 Buds
    Magic 7-0 Valo

  7. #267
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    Lakes 3-2 Olympic
    Edgy 4-1 Azzurri
    Maitland 3-0 Weston
    Jaffas 5-0 Buds
    Magic 7-0 Valo

    Edgy back to winning ways, how good is Bridgey in charge? Up the ladder they go.

    Azzurri offered 0, whatís going on there? So negative.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    Edgy back to winning ways, how good is Bridgey in charge? Up the ladder they go.

    Azzurri offered 0, whatís going on there? So negative.
    Thought Edgeworth were easily the better team. Couple of goals should hopefully ease the frustration of the past few weeks.

    My M.O.M went to lil homie on the bench sledging Brockie all game. Bloke was either one a date or has a very tolerant partner because he thought he was Dave Chappelle with his zingers. Am hoping it was a mate of Brockies having some fun but geez he looked like a dead set goose.

    Didnt get a chance to try the chicken burger either. Olympic retains the #1 spot on the ladder in that regard.

  9. #269
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    Edgy back to winning ways, how good is Bridgey in charge? Up the ladder they go.

    Azzurri offered 0, whatís going on there? So negative.
    Wow, you watched a different game to me, game was well in the balance until an absolute comical blunder by the referee and his assistant, Azzurri then argued the point for the next 20 minutes and handed the game to edgy, Azzurri did well considering the outs they had, I can see why edgy have struggled this year, they didnít offer much, the game was extremely boring for most parts

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Wow, you watched a different game to me, game was well in the balance until an absolute comical blunder by the referee and his assistant, Azzurri then argued the point for the next 20 minutes and handed the game to edgy, Azzurri did well considering the outs they had, I can see why edgy have struggled this year, they didn’t offer much, the game was extremely boring for most parts
    Edgy really seem to be lacking that squad depth they have had over the past few years, nothing really off the bench past few weeks.

  11. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    319
    Maitland Weston game tonight was pretty average.

  12. #272
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Maitland Weston game tonight was pretty average.
    Very poor. Hardly a shot on goal all night. Maitland offering very little up front .

  13. #273
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    27
    Controversial red card in magic vs valo game. from the bar tv footage it looks like the injured valentine player has stuck his foot in at the last second where the magic player was clearly going for a challenge with the other valo player.

  14. #274
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    Controversial red card in magic vs valo game. from the bar tv footage it looks like the injured valentine player has stuck his foot in at the last second where the magic player was clearly going for a challenge with the other valo player.
    Looked at it on BarTV footage 24th min. and it appears the Valentine player struck his own player full force with the Magic player making minimal contact

  15. #275
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Aberglasslyn
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Looked at it on BarTV footage 24th min. and it appears the Valentine player struck his own player full force with the Magic player making minimal contact
    Agree. Just watched it on Slow Mo and Valo player is injured by his own player. Bad injury by the looks of it as well.

  16. #276
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    7
    It was nice to watch the Lakes coach once again act like a complete pork chop as his team folded at Darling Street on Saturday night.

  17. #277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldjaffa View Post
    It was nice to watch the Lakes coach once again act like a complete pork chop as his team folded at Darling Street on Saturday night.
    Its his first crack at this level and he carries on like this, surely Lakes committee will sort this out

  18. #278
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    17
    I attended two games over the weekend and witnessed in both games terrible centre referring decisions.

    One completely changes the game and fortunately the other had little effect .

    The first game attended was on Saturday at Whitebridge to attend Charlestown Azzurri versing the Edgeworth Eagles.

    This was not a very good game to watch and was most likely heading for a nil to nil draw until a shocking decision changed the course of the game.

    An Azzurri player clears the ball to what must have been meters from the centre line and the Edgeworth player takes the sideline throw from near online with the 18 yard box. The Azzurri players appear to collectively stop as does the close side official indicating for play to go back but Edgeworth walk home the goal and the goal stands.

    The 2nd game I took in was Valentine Phoenix versing The Broadmeadow Magic.

    On this occasion I was very close to an incident in which the Broadmeadow Magic player receives a send off for what was completely clear to all was not contact and thus not a send off. On this occasion it had no direct effect on the outcome but after the weekends events I must question the standard of officiating I witnessed.

    In this game I felt the Broadmeadow Magic had full control and appear to be ready to challange for the honours this year under the new coach.

  19. #279
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    144
    Do not underestimate Weston’s chicken schnitzel burger. I reckon even better than Olympic’s. Weston however has terrible hot chips.

  20. #280
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    I attended two games over the weekend and witnessed in both games terrible centre referring decisions.

    One completely changes the game and fortunately the other had little effect .

    The first game attended was on Saturday at Whitebridge to attend Charlestown Azzurri versing the Edgeworth Eagles.

    This was not a very good game to watch and was most likely heading for a nil to nil draw until a shocking decision changed the course of the game.

    An Azzurri player clears the ball to what must have been meters from the centre line and the Edgeworth player takes the sideline throw from near online with the 18 yard box. The Azzurri players appear to collectively stop as does the close side official indicating for play to go back but Edgeworth walk home the goal and the goal stands.

    The 2nd game I took in was Valentine Phoenix versing The Broadmeadow Magic.

    On this occasion I was very close to an incident in which the Broadmeadow Magic player receives a send off for what was completely clear to all was not contact and thus not a send off. On this occasion it had no direct effect on the outcome but after the weekends events I must question the standard of officiating I witnessed.

    In this game I felt the Broadmeadow Magic had full control and appear to be ready to challange for the honours this year under the new coach.
    Sounds like excuses to me?

    Bridgey slowly getting the boys right, see where it ends at seasons end

    The current playing style and Charlestown wont be in the finals

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •