Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

They have Luke Rutledge who signed
    from Adamstown last year as a CB option , however unsure if he’s played at all this season

Lakes 3 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 1 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 3 Weston 1
    Jaffas 4 Adamstown 0
    Magic 6 Valo 0

Quote Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
    With Joel Griffiths out and Cody Lucas suspended Olympic are going to be very short at the back this weekend. Is Joel's injury a serious one? Can see Lakes taking advantage and scoring a few going off how they have started the season
    Herald seems to lean towards acl.
    Says he felt pop and same leg he did previously. Awaiting swelling to go down and then for scans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Lakes 3 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 1 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 3 Weston 1
    Jaffas 4 Adamstown 0
    Magic 6 Valo 0
    Lakes 4 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 2 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 1 Weston 0
    Jaffas 3 Adamstown 0
    Magic 5 Valo 1

Lakes 4 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 2 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 1 Weston 0
    Jaffas 3 Adamstown 0
    Magic 5 Valo 1
    Lake Macquarie 1-1 Olympic
    Edgeworth 2-1 Azzurri
    Maitland 2-0 Weston
    Lambton 4-1 Adamstowm
    Magic 2-1 Valentine

Lakes 4 Olympic 2
    Edgeworth 2 Azzurri 1
    Maitland 1 Weston 0
    Jaffas 3 Adamstown 0
    Magic 5 Valo 1
    Lakes 3-2 Olympic
    Edgy 4-1 Azzurri
    Maitland 3-0 Weston
    Jaffas 5-0 Buds
    Magic 7-0 Valo

Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    Lakes 3-2 Olympic
    Edgy 4-1 Azzurri
    Maitland 3-0 Weston
    Jaffas 5-0 Buds
    Magic 7-0 Valo

Edgy back to winning ways, how good is Bridgey in charge? Up the ladder they go.

Azzurri offered 0, what’s going on there? So negative.

Edgy back to winning ways, how good is Bridgey in charge? Up the ladder they go.

Thought Edgeworth were easily the better team. Couple of goals should hopefully ease the frustration of the past few weeks.

My M.O.M went to lil homie on the bench sledging Brockie all game. Bloke was either one a date or has a very tolerant partner because he thought he was Dave Chappelle with his zingers. Am hoping it was a mate of Brockies having some fun but geez he looked like a dead set goose.

Didnt get a chance to try the chicken burger either. Olympic retains the #1 spot on the ladder in that regard.

Wow, you watched a different game to me, game was well in the balance until an absolute comical blunder by the referee and his assistant, Azzurri then argued the point for the next 20 minutes and handed the game to edgy, Azzurri did well considering the outs they had, I can see why edgy have struggled this year, they didn’t offer much, the game was extremely boring for most parts

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Wow, you watched a different game to me, game was well in the balance until an absolute comical blunder by the referee and his assistant, Azzurri then argued the point for the next 20 minutes and handed the game to edgy, Azzurri did well considering the outs they had, I can see why edgy have struggled this year, they didn’t offer much, the game was extremely boring for most parts
    Edgy really seem to be lacking that squad depth they have had over the past few years, nothing really off the bench past few weeks.

Maitland Weston game tonight was pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Maitland Weston game tonight was pretty average.
    Very poor. Hardly a shot on goal all night. Maitland offering very little up front .

Controversial red card in magic vs valo game. from the bar tv footage it looks like the injured valentine player has stuck his foot in at the last second where the magic player was clearly going for a challenge with the other valo player.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    Controversial red card in magic vs valo game. from the bar tv footage it looks like the injured valentine player has stuck his foot in at the last second where the magic player was clearly going for a challenge with the other valo player.
    Looked at it on BarTV footage 24th min. and it appears the Valentine player struck his own player full force with the Magic player making minimal contact

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Looked at it on BarTV footage 24th min. and it appears the Valentine player struck his own player full force with the Magic player making minimal contact
    Agree. Just watched it on Slow Mo and Valo player is injured by his own player. Bad injury by the looks of it as well.

It was nice to watch the Lakes coach once again act like a complete pork chop as his team folded at Darling Street on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjaffa View Post
    It was nice to watch the Lakes coach once again act like a complete pork chop as his team folded at Darling Street on Saturday night.
    Its his first crack at this level and he carries on like this, surely Lakes committee will sort this out

I attended two games over the weekend and witnessed in both games terrible centre referring decisions.

One completely changes the game and fortunately the other had little effect .

The first game attended was on Saturday at Whitebridge to attend Charlestown Azzurri versing the Edgeworth Eagles.

This was not a very good game to watch and was most likely heading for a nil to nil draw until a shocking decision changed the course of the game.

An Azzurri player clears the ball to what must have been meters from the centre line and the Edgeworth player takes the sideline throw from near online with the 18 yard box. The Azzurri players appear to collectively stop as does the close side official indicating for play to go back but Edgeworth walk home the goal and the goal stands.

The 2nd game I took in was Valentine Phoenix versing The Broadmeadow Magic.

On this occasion I was very close to an incident in which the Broadmeadow Magic player receives a send off for what was completely clear to all was not contact and thus not a send off. On this occasion it had no direct effect on the outcome but after the weekends events I must question the standard of officiating I witnessed.

In this game I felt the Broadmeadow Magic had full control and appear to be ready to challange for the honours this year under the new coach.

Do not underestimate Weston’s chicken schnitzel burger. I reckon even better than Olympic’s. Weston however has terrible hot chips.

Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    I attended two games over the weekend and witnessed in both games terrible centre referring decisions.

One completely changes the game and fortunately the other had little effect .

The first game attended was on Saturday at Whitebridge to attend Charlestown Azzurri versing the Edgeworth Eagles.

This was not a very good game to watch and was most likely heading for a nil to nil draw until a shocking decision changed the course of the game.

An Azzurri player clears the ball to what must have been meters from the centre line and the Edgeworth player takes the sideline throw from near online with the 18 yard box. The Azzurri players appear to collectively stop as does the close side official indicating for play to go back but Edgeworth walk home the goal and the goal stands.

The 2nd game I took in was Valentine Phoenix versing The Broadmeadow Magic.

On this occasion I was very close to an incident in which the Broadmeadow Magic player receives a send off for what was completely clear to all was not contact and thus not a send off. On this occasion it had no direct effect on the outcome but after the weekends events I must question the standard of officiating I witnessed.

In this game I felt the Broadmeadow Magic had full control and appear to be ready to challange for the honours this year under the new coach.
    Sounds like excuses to me?

Bridgey slowly getting the boys right, see where it ends at seasons end

The current playing style and Charlestown wont be in the finals