Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    What are the groups thoughts on this coming season 2021 NNSW National Premier League ?.

From the games I have watched i would predict that Broadmeadow Magic under the leadership of Damon Zane will be very strong.

Does anyone with knowledge of any other teams have another they believe will challange for the Premiership this year ?.
    Edgeworth and Jaffas will push Magic for the premiership.
    Next group will be Maitland Olympic Azzurri and Weston.
    Bottom 3 will be Lakes Valo and Buds.
    Not much change from last year with I think Jaffas replacing Olympic in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Edgeworth and Jaffas will push Magic for the premiership.
    Next group will be Maitland Olympic Azzurri and Weston.
    Bottom 3 will be Lakes Valo and Buds.
    Not much change from last year with I think Jaffas replacing Olympic in the finals
    Pretty accurate assessment therefore a stale predictable boring competition.

Edgey, Jaffas and Magic fighting it out. Azzurri, Weston, Maitland battling for other spots.
    Lakes will surprise.

Jaffas have signed Josh Piddington

Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    Jaffas have signed Josh Piddington
    not good enough for magic?

Obviously not, not a bad pick up for jaffas though

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    still the best defender in the magic team, will walk straight in
    Obviously not as I said Cobra Jaffas bound

PPS System working well?

Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    Obviously not, not a bad pick up for jaffas though
    Really? Is it a good signing?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Is for Piddo $$$ but seriously no bet the player whose busted his arse all preseason to play there is rapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Has he fixed up his injury issues? If so then it is a good signing if not he will have to nurtured through the season performing at lower than peak performance.

Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    PPS System working well?
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Has he fixed up his injury issues? If so then it is a good signing if not he will have to nurtured through the season performing at lower than peak performance.
    Was told he has done 2-3 sessions whole pre season for magic so far. Must have thought he could just turn up and play.

I’ll preface this by saying, I hope this doesn’t turn into a pissing contest.
    After an extended period of no relegation from NNSW NPL, I’m curious how various clubs have utilised this safety, time and finances to improve their club. The desire from NNSW, as far as I am aware, was to allow clubs to focus their energy and finances into facilities, development and processes to ensure longevity and sustainability. Basically, hey, don’t go spending all your money on players to survive relegation, use it elsewhere.

I understand the ramifications of relegation, and much the same as the a league, clubs may be lost if they head to HIT League due to lack of sponsorship, player interest, etc.

But have clubs used this time well? I’m genuinely curious. I mean, I hear about Edgeworth improving their facilities, various clubs employing technical directors and academies etc. Not really concerned if person x thinks y clubs youth investment was a waste of time, I’m just curious that club y tried.

So, objectively or at least free from snide comments, what have clubs done?
    Or, have clubs done enough to justify lack of relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    After an extended period of no relegation from NNSW NPL, I’m curious how various clubs have utilised this safety, time and finances to improve their club. The desire from NNSW, as far as I am aware, was to allow clubs to focus their energy and finances into facilities, development and processes to ensure longevity and sustainability. Basically, hey, don’t go spending all your money on players to survive relegation, use it elsewhere.

I understand the ramifications of relegation, and much the same as the a league, clubs may be lost if they head to HIT League due to lack of sponsorship, player interest, etc.

But have clubs used this time well? I’m genuinely curious. I mean, I hear about Edgeworth improving their facilities, various clubs employing technical directors and academies etc. Not really concerned if person x thinks y clubs youth investment was a waste of time, I’m just curious that club y tried.

It's a bit like school.

Some students are getting their homework done when they get it. These are the teams that are improving facilities, training methods, employing or people are doing more because more is needed. Clubs are actively going after sponsorship to help fund this improvement.

Other clubs are more like the students that leave it to the last minute. Of F, it's relegation. It seems from the outside they have a relegation adrenalin rush. They go out to get sponsors to fund players needed to stay up. The problem is players don't really want to play for a lower-level team if they are decent. Sure money might talks. But most will still want to be competitive. So these clubs may get players that are decent but toward the end of their career or a good youth player. Either way, the player doesn't stay long for differing reasons.

and the cycle repeats.

That is what it looks like from the outside to me. Complacency is a killer in the local. Relegation should be every year. Except maybe last season.

Looking from the outside window in, I will use Adamstown as an example, remember this is just an opinion,
    Rosebuds have a facility that doesn’t need upgrading, no pressure to spend money on improvements yet they are continually last or near last, not sure what they spend their money on but it’s definitely not on players, we continually here how they are a young promising bunch but maybe they need one or two more senior players added, you never hear of them signing a player outside of the area, I wonder what their ambitions are.
    Don’t start me on valentine

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

I haven’t seen any change worth noting in the last 6 years but I suppose it’s like giving multi nationals a tax break and then wondering why executive bonuses went up when the goal was to get more people employed.

What are the chances of any games being on this weekend.
    With host clubs Edgy Olympic Azzurri Lakes all being renowned for bad draining grounds, I can only see Weston a chance of getting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    What are the chances of any games being on this weekend.
    With host clubs Edgy Olympic Azzurri Lakes all being renowned for bad draining grounds, I can only see Weston a chance of getting on.
    Tomorrow is supposed to be 27c and mid to high 20's km/h. Thursday and Friday are chances of rain but who knows about those days.

If tomorrow is as predicted and no rain Thursday and Friday then I'd say we are looking ok. Teams run the risk of smashing the ground and damaging it for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Obviously not as I said Cobra Jaffas bound
    well **** , I stand corrected