Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I made a comment that Adamstown Rosebud would beat one of the so called big teams this year. The Buds turned around a 6-2 loss from the first round and are improving every game. The Buds are coming!
    Lol Olympic aren’t a big team. They are awful

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Lol Olympic aren’t a big team. They are awful
    . You are right, they are rubbish!

Thing is though everyone wrote off Adamstown and they are improving by the week

Quote Originally Posted by John23 View Post
    Thing is though everyone wrote off Adamstown and they are improving by the week
    Adamstown have some really good young players that will stand up to 1st grade level. I'm not sure if I would say Olympic are rubbish, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjaffa View Post
    Adamstown have some really good young players that will stand up to 1st grade level. I'm not sure if I would say Olympic are rubbish, though.
    Has there been a change in structure at Adamstown that is fueling this optimism?Im involved in the JDL side of things and although their boys teams have struggled compared to the top tier of talent,Adamstown girls have a really good setup and reputation.Hopefully this is a club wide shift as it would be great to see that club get stronger across all age groups.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Has there been a change in structure at Adamstown that is fueling this optimism?Im involved in the JDL side of things and although their boys teams have struggled compared to the top tier of talent,Adamstown girls have a really good setup and reputation.Hopefully this is a club wide shift as it would be great to see that club get stronger across all age groups.
    Not sure where this optimism is coming from, whenever relegation is talked about they are the first team that is mentioned/suggested.

Their girls program is also run by the junior club and have no association with the men's club besides the name, the club's don't get on with each other which is why they ahve not merged yet. Just an FYI

The WPL teams and the NPL teams are run by different clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    The WPL teams and the NPL teams are run by different clubs
    Its obvious who runs a successful club then, maybe merging buds with buds

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Its obvious who runs a successful club then, maybe merging buds with buds
    One has community teams they can gouge money from (and do) and one doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Their girls program is also run by the junior club and have no association with the men's club besides the name, the club's don't get on with each other which is why they ahve not merged yet. Just an FYI
    OK cheers.Thats a shame though.

Chris Moylan to coach Buds 1st grade next yr. Rosewarne shifted AGAIN.

Wow
    He was a real hit at South Cardiff coaching 1st grade, don't the call for references these days, they do if you want a job.

RIP
    Adamstown Rosebuds

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Wow
    He was a real hit at South Cardiff coaching 1st grade, don't the call for references these days, they do if you want a job.

RIP
    Adamstown Rosebuds
    Speaking from experience? From all accounts southy did reasonably well with faja and moylan around. Southy has certainly struggled since. I'm pretty sure he is heavily involved with buds already anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Speaking from experience? From all accounts southy did reasonably well with faja and moylan around. Southy has certainly struggled since. I'm pretty sure he is heavily involved with buds already anyway.

Correct faja done well as coach maybe they should look at him?

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    Chris Moylan is not first grade coach next year. Dave Rosewarne will still be first grade coach but his title is different as the club want him to overlook all 3 grades. To my belief, Chris will still be the assistant as is the case now
    Nuh, Moylan 1st grade coach in ‘22.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Nuh, Moylan 1st grade coach in ‘22.
    Is the Matt Moylan's dad

Is it just me or does the Newcastle Herald the vast majority of the time only write pieces featuring former A-league players?

I don't read it every day. It seems to me that most of the articles feature ex a-league players. Maybe it's just a coincidence on my end.

I feel like we could be promoting good young players better, either helping them get to a better NPL league (which I see as a back on the back to the NNSW NPL) or getting a trial with an a-league team.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Is it just me or does the Newcastle Herald the vast majority of the time only write pieces featuring former A-league players?

I don't read it every day. It seems to me that most of the articles feature ex a-league players. Maybe it's just a coincidence on my end.

I feel like we could be promoting good young players better, either helping them get to a better NPL league (which I see as a back on the back to the NNSW NPL) or getting a trial with an a-league team.
    Herald is a Grubby League rag and could give a s*t about anything football. its all tokenism. never forget that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Have had a couple of reports that Roy O’Donovan is set to sign with Edgeworth Eagles.

Quality pick up for the eagles.