Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

So what are the predictions for position of top 5 with a few interesting games to come
    Jaffa’s
    Eagles
    Magpies
    Magic
    Azzurri

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    So what are the predictions for position of top 5 with a few interesting games to come
    Jaffa’s
    Eagles
    Magpies
    Magic
    Azzurri
    Jaffas
    Maitland
    Edgeworth
    Magic
    Azzurri

What's going on over at Magic? Three poor results in a row

Quote Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
    What's going on over at Magic? Three poor results in a row
    They would be counting their blessings they already have 31 points in the kitty after those displays. Got some work to do leading up to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    They would be counting their blessings they already have 31 points in the kitty after those displays. Got some work to do leading up to the finals.
    And last 3 games are Jaffas Maitland and Edgy

How good is Bridgey? Not bad I say

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Fun fact, the report automatically deems any red cards of that nature medium to high in severity. It’s actually impossible for the report to say it was a strike to the head, but it’s low severity. As such it’s on northern, but sure, let’s blame the referees for northern not giving a harsher sentence, we blame them for everything else.
    True, referees at times don’t deserve the criticism they get but where do you draw the line. Everyone at the ground including the players own coach acknowledged what happened was a dog act. If NNSW football don,t step in let’s see how the club and referees review panel deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    How good is Bridgey? Not bad I say
    Well, it's a long way from your earlier predictions of him:

Just home from Azzurri vs magic

Two reds in the first half

If magic are the benchmark and clear standout that’ll do!

Bridgey will win the competition in a canter
    New coach and players coming to grips with it.

Bridgey will win the comp
    You certainly have a keen interest in the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    True, referees at times don’t deserve the criticism they get but where do you draw the line. Everyone at the ground including the players own coach acknowledged what happened was a dog act. If NNSW football don,t step in let’s see how the club and referees review panel deal with it.
    I am not sure where you're getting your information from or even what a 'referee's review panel' is, but for a red card the referees submit a report stating factually what happened, i.e. nature of offence and/or contact, degree of force etc and then have nothing else to do with the process (assuming it doesn't get called before the judiciary).

100% on Northern to decide suspensions.
    Last edited by ExWhistleMan; 29-07-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    I am not sure where you're getting your information from or even what a 'referee's review panel' is, but for a red card the referees submit a report stating factually what happened, i.e. nature of offence and/or contact, degree of force etc and then have nothing else to do with the process (assuming it doesn't get called before the judiciary).

100% on Northern to decide suspensions.

What does a referee inspector do and don’t they review bar tv footage to assess competency ??

So factually do you think the ref got it right, I think not

What does a referee inspector do and don’t they review bar tv footage to assess competency ??

Referee sent Sessions off and you’re disagreeing with that? Christ almighty, referee makes the right decision, and is still wrong. **** me.

Referees don’t make recommendations on sanctions, that’s all on the disciplinary board.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I think your a poor judge of the law chart if you don’t think that was a send off. I’d suggest reading it some time.

Not trying to be a smartarse, I am generally confused by your comment……
    In your opinion what else could have the referee done?
    He was in a good position and had the awareness to see off the ball violent conduct, saw it and reacted immediately, had his red card out before the situation escalated.
    Referee assessors certainly watch BarTV footage for the purpose of assessing the referee performance and coaching. But what do you think that has to do with the sanctions handed out with NNSW?

Quote Originally Posted by Blindfreddy View Post
    I think your a poor judge of the law chart if you don’t think that was a send off. I’d suggest reading it some time.
    I don't think the send off was being questioned, rather the report of the incident that the ref makes that led to a lenient suspension. I assume that is the process and the point of the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    I don't think the send off was being questioned, rather the report of the incident that the ref makes that led to a lenient suspension. I assume that is the process and the point of the comment.
    Correct, I’m not questioning the send off just the referees report that allowed Sessions to only receive a minimum sentence. It’s not up to NNSW to determine nature of the offence and/or contact, degree of force unless it goes to disciplinary committee and even then disciplinary committee don’t rule against a referees decision

Correct, I’m not questioning the send off just the referees report that allowed Sessions to only receive a minimum sentence. It’s not up to NNSW to determine nature of the offence and/or contact, degree of force unless it goes to disciplinary committee and even then disciplinary committee don’t rule against a referees decision
    Have you read the referees report? Can you tell us what it said?

Regardless of the referees report, the disciplinary process decides the punishment and they are normally lenient and often slow. The report is just evidence for them to consider. It is well within the process to disregard the referees report if other evidence exists that indicates it is in error.

When I look back at some of the well known cases of the last few years, I shake my head at the generosity shown by the disciplinary process.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/w...mpionships.pdf

Maybe an outdated form, but it didn’t change for years so doubt it’s much different.
    I think Stanley’s point is why it wasn’t severe etc and 2 weeks sounds like it was in the minimum end of the scale.

Imo, I see that point in junior, ID and maybe lower zone leagues.
    But I doubt in this day and age where video footage is available to review that they would even look at the send off report.
    What’s it going to say? “Player struck opposition off the ball”. A punch is a punch.
    It’s up to NNSWF to to decide the penalty. We managed to find the video and have a look for ourselves, I don’t doubt NNSW had a look as well.

This one ain’t on the refs. Was sent off within 5 seconds of the incident without second thought.

From my experience, it doesn’t really make a difference what goes on the report. Straight Red = 2 weeks every time unless it’s the second of the season and then it’s 4. Unless the offence involves spitting or vilification.

Azzurri signing Jacob Melling for 2022 and Law signing on for another year. Fair signing and still pretty young

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Azzurri signing Jacob Melling for 2022 and Law signing on for another year. Fair signing and still pretty young
    Having also signed Taylor Reagan