Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Just a terrible idea IMO. Make the comp promotion and relegation.

Secondly, the NNSW NPL has a small talent pool. We are nowhere near as big as Syd Mel, Bris etc. Watch the difference between the top 3 and the bottom 3 grow. Not only this the top teams will become weaker as a small number of top players in top teams leave for money which I understand. Which will hurt us in the national competitions.

It's taken decades for NNSW NPL to begin starting to compete with the bigger metro areas. Why undo this work?

What do others think?
    8 teams... 3 rounds would showcase the best of Nnsw Football...

NL1 14 teams... 2 rounds.. NL1 grades mirror WPL... 13s 15s 17s, Res Firsts... Npl remains the same. Promotion relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Just a terrible idea IMO. Make the comp promotion and relegation.

Secondly, the NNSW NPL has a small talent pool. We are nowhere near as big as Syd Mel, Bris etc. Watch the difference between the top 3 and the bottom 3 grow. Not only this the top teams will become weaker as a small number of top players in top teams leave for money which I understand. Which will hurt us in the national competitions.

It's taken decades for NNSW NPL to begin starting to compete with the bigger metro areas. Why undo this work?

What do others think?
    NPL1 8 teams, 3 rounds, 18's, Res, Firsts
    NPL2 8 teams, 3 rounds, 18's, Res, Firsts
    Promotion and relegation between NPL1 and NPL2

FFS, give NL1 proper place in the hierarchy. Being called NL1 has it in no man's land.

Youth (13,14,15,16) decoupled from seniors. Ideally, two groups of 8. Promotion and relegation based on a club championship model. Maybe expanded slightly to allow for Mid North Coast, North Coast and Northern Inland, say one group of 10 and one of 9.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Have heard northern looking to make it an 11 team Comp next year bringing cooks Hill up and a 12 team the year after bringing up new Lambton.
    I heard the same thing regarding Cooks Hill and it was based on their facilities as the main reason why they can get promoted.

But end of the day there should be promotion and relegation across both comps

Have heard northern looking to make it an 11 team Comp next year bringing cooks Hill up and a 12 team the year after bringing up new Lambton.
    Wow what a joke. They should be contracting the comp not expanding. Valentine need to go and they should have went some time ago. Cooks Hill makes 5 clubs all in the inter city. That’s not sustainable. I like the idea of an 8 team NPL x 3 rounds with promotion and relegation. 14 team 2nd tier one round then comp I split into two divisions. Top 7 then play each other again with Premiers being promoted. Maybe bottom 7 teams then fight for a relegation back to ZPL? Gives them an incentive to keep performing.

Regarding the post on Moylan being Adamstown’s coach next year that isn’t the case , it will stay the same as this season however stu musialik will be the “director of senior squads” kinda thing. Buds are looking better by the week, big ups to their young side

Quote Originally Posted by John23 View Post
    Regarding the post on Moylan being Adamstown’s coach next year that isn’t the case , it will stay the same as this season however stu musialik will be the “director of senior squads” kinda thing. Buds are looking better by the week, big ups to their young side
    Unless I’m reading this wrong the Adamstown page has said Moylan is going to be first grade coach, if not the wording of this has made it confusing.

“2021 1st Grade Coach, Dave Rosewarne, has been re-appointed to an expanded role of Senior Head Coach which will oversee senior playing groups (1st Grade to under 16s).
    Chris Moylan, who has coached Reserve Grade and is the current 1st Grade Assistant Coach, will be 1st Grade Coach in 2022.”

Sad news to hear the loss of all round good guy Micky Williams. The older crew will remember him as a lightning winger with skill to burn for Azzurri and Newcastle Breakers. He had some bad luck with broken legs. One of the best I saw and blokes that have followed Azzurri over the past 30yrs will say one of the most skillful to ever wear the blue

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Unless I’m reading this wrong the Adamstown page has said Moylan is going to be first grade coach, if not the wording of this has made it confusing.

“2021 1st Grade Coach, Dave Rosewarne, has been re-appointed to an expanded role of Senior Head Coach which will oversee senior playing groups (1st Grade to under 16s).
    Chris Moylan, who has coached Reserve Grade and is the current 1st Grade Assistant Coach, will be 1st Grade Coach in 2022.”
    Yep according to Adamstown Rosebud FC (the people who should know over randoms on the internet)

Director of Football Performance - Chris Dale
    Senior Advisor - Stuart Musalik (his role will be to mentor senior players and coaches)
    Senior Head Coach - Dave Rosewarne (coach sitting above the head coaches from U16-1st Grade)
    1st Grade Head Coach - Chris Moylan
    Technical Director - TBA

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Yep according to Adamstown Rosebud FC (the people who should know over randoms on the internet)

Director of Football Performance - Chris Dale
    Senior Advisor - Stuart Musalik (his role will be to mentor senior players and coaches)
    Senior Head Coach - Dave Rosewarne (coach sitting above the head coaches from U16-1st Grade)
    1st Grade Head Coach - Chris Moylan
    Technical Director - TBA
    Yup. Rosewarne thinks he gonna be the boss, & the boss of the youth, reggies & 18s, but he ain’t. “Hey dave don’t worry bout having to coach 1st grade no more. U pick the team tho. U still da man” LOL

Anyone know where the GF is going to be played this year?

Not sure why the npl games at Edgeworth are called off tomorrow. There will be several teams impacted with the lockdown with players from Central Coast etc that should not be in attendance for the next 2 weeks. Some of the players I am aware of would be Josh Rose, Jed Honery, Chris Hurley not sure if playing at the moment and I am sure there are others that should be in full lock down if they reside or have visited these areas since 21 June. This is a very minority so should not have impact on our comp by cancelling games for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    Not sure why the npl games at Edgeworth are called off tomorrow. There will be several teams impacted with the lockdown with players from Central Coast etc that should not be in attendance for the next 2 weeks. Some of the players I am aware of would be Josh Rose, Jed Honery, Chris Hurley not sure if playing at the moment and I am sure there are others that should be in full lock down if they reside or have visited these areas since 21 June. This is a very minority so should not have impact on our comp by cancelling games for this reason.

Apparently a fair few players are unavailable due to them working on the central coast or in Sydney. I believe if there are 4 players affected the team is eligible to postpone the fixture

Anyone know where the GF is going to be played this year?
    Apparently Lakes are front runners due to having a new logo. Have also heard that Edgy have thrown their hard hats into the ring and even offered to hand out hi via vests so more spectators can fit in the construction site against the field.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFish View Post
    Apparently a fair few players are unavailable due to them working on the central coast or in Sydney. I believe if there are 4 players affected the team is eligible to postpone the fixture
    I heard that it had to be 4 players affected on each team to be eligible for a postponement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    Both clubs have players from all teams unable to come play, heard Lakes have 8 players from their U18s alone that live or work in the Central Coast

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Awful enough to knock Jaffas out.
    Yep they are awful, I really hope that was there reserve grade playing today, losing 3-1 to a very average Maitland team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Yep they are awful, I really hope that was there reserve grade playing today, losing 3-1 to a very average Maitland team.
    Is that better or worse than drawing with Valentine?

Do Valo play at Croudace Bay?

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Do Valo play at Croudace Bay?
    Yes

Very good showing by valentine today

Adam Hughes quality player.

Other results as expected