Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 334

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Also a big name departure from Jaffas
    Why not just say Ox isn't playing and is moving back to Perth?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Why not just say Ox isn't playing and is moving back to Perth?
    Jaffas will be stronger without him

  3. #23
    Senior Member cobra23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Thatís correct though hearing he may not be in 1st grade coaches plans.
    still the best defender in the magic team, will walk straight in

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Jaffas will be stronger without him
    Stronger ? Can’t take arguably the best player in the comp out and be stronger

    But a better team ? Can see that

    Also gives Pascoe plenty to throw around these last few weeks

  5. #25
    Weston vs new Lambton last night. Think it ended 2-0 Weston???

    Olympic vs Manly. 4pm at darling street Saturday

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Stronger ? Can’t take arguably the best player in the comp out and be stronger

    But a better team ? Can see that

    Also gives Pascoe plenty to throw around these last few weeks
    Pascoe is already chasing players all over town. Surely they have enough midfielders there to win the comp even without The Ox.
    Kantarovski, Hay , Waller , Papas , Pawiak , Caleb Cox

  7. #27
    Senior Member Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Valentine
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Pascoe is already chasing players all over town. Surely they have enough midfielders there to win the comp even without The Ox.
    Kantarovski, Hay , Waller , Papas , Pawiak , Caleb Cox
    I agree. Although Ox was a quality player his effort level has varied dramatically not just from game to game but even in time periods within each game. He really didnít stand out last season.

    If Jaffaís are going to spend money it should be on a quality striker or central defender as they were the 2 weakest spots that derailed their 2020 season.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I agree. Although Ox was a quality player his effort level has varied dramatically not just from game to game but even in time periods within each game. He really didnít stand out last season.

    If Jaffaís are going to spend money it should be on a quality striker or central defender as they were the 2 weakest spots that derailed their 2020 season.
    What do you mean didnít stand out. He basically made team of the week every second week.
    🤪

  9. #29
    Senior Member Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Valentine
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    What do you mean didnít stand out. He basically made team of the week every second week.
    🤪
    Iíd never base who is good in a game based on the TOW selections. I swear they just look at who scored and fill in the gaps with names they recognise.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I agree. Although Ox was a quality player his effort level has varied dramatically not just from game to game but even in time periods within each game. He really didnít stand out last season.

    If Jaffaís are going to spend money it should be on a quality striker or central defender as they were the 2 weakest spots that derailed their 2020 season.
    They signed Pappas as a CB
    Garland as a handy striker
    & Hay as another attacker/midfielder
    Last edited by Allday; 21-01-2021 at 10:19 AM.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Valentine
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Allday View Post
    They signed Pappas as a CB
    Garland as a handy striker
    & Hay as another attacker/midfielder
    Cheers, I hadn’t seen any player movement info for this season yet.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Stronger ? Canít take arguably the best player in the comp out and be stronger

    But a better team ? Can see that

    Also gives Pascoe plenty to throw around these last few weeks
    Everything went through him, easy to coach against and defend against. With him gone the team will be a lot less predictable and the quality players that had been playing in around him will get more ball to perform. On top of that he was not that good for all the hype and $$$ that goes with him.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    127
    Magic playing Sutherland tonight will be a bit warm.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Magic playing Sutherland tonight will be a bit warm.
    Where at and what time mge61

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    127
    Magic Park I think 7pm kickoff.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    398
    Any score from Zanes first game in charge

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,102
    1-2. Sutherland.

    There’s a YouTube video of the match on Magic’s facebook.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Magic playing Sutherland tonight will be a bit warm.
    I've been avoiding Sydney, appears strange that we are inviting amateur teams from there with Covid19 risks?

  19. #39
    Olympic 0 Manly 1.
    Both Griffiths brothers played a half.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    843
    Anyone know how Edgeworth went against Blacktown today?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •