Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Lol Olympic aren’t a big team. They are awful
    Yep. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjaffa View Post
    Yep. Awful.
    Awful enough to knock Jaffas out.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Awful enough to knock Jaffas out.
    Yeah upsets never happen do they 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️.

They will just embarrass NNPL in the round of 32 if they come up against a half decent team.
    Last edited by Blueboy; 18-06-2021 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Typo

They might not have the big budget of some of the other clubs, but wins over Edgeworth, Maitland and Jaffas twice show heart❤ trumps $$$s.

I ****ing hate Olympic but Kudos to them for making the 32 .. who ever is whining are sour grapes and shows how small you are..

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    I ****ing hate Olympic but Kudos to them for making the 32 .. who ever is whining are sour grapes and shows how small you are..
    Yeah ok champ.
    I couldn’t care less they made it, I said they are rubbish, which is my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    They might not have the big budget of some of the other clubs, but wins over Edgeworth, Maitland and Jaffas twice show heart❤ trumps $$$s.
    By that logic, heart can win in the short run. But in the long run, Edgeworth has done well with the $$$s. I think most would take the $$$s in this logic.

Round of 32

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Yeah ok champ.
    I couldn’t care less they made it, I said they are rubbish, which is my opinion .
    So in your qualified opinion, who should be in the round of 32? Which local team would not have embarrassed us at that level?

Banned
    who gives a ****.

Theyll all be knocked out soon because we arent that great up here let alone be pumping chests out about being the best.

Maitland 1 Lakes 0
    Both teams finished with 10 men due to send offs

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    By that logic, heart can win in the short run. But in the long run, Edgeworth has done well with the $$$s. I think most would take the $$$s in this logic.
    So count up the dollars, whoever has the most wins, then we can all go home and not watch footballers try their hardest. - Personally I like to see a team with a bit of ticker. Even Adamstown are fighting back against the odds with young enthusiastic players. All aspects make for a good competition and development of players. Too much $$$s being spent on players past their peak isn't always sustainable and certainly doesn't guarantee success.

Olympic v Magic off

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Olympic v Magic off
    The Edgeworth Eagles versing the Lambton Jaffas also off . Very disappointing as I was intending on going to watch that game.

Azzurri 3 Adamstowm 3

Quote Originally Posted by 2285 View Post
    Azzurri 3 Adamstowm 3
    Adamstown very unlucky

Charlestown look clueless

time for a new coach

After this weekend's results for Lakes and Azzurri their season's are over.
    A 6 team race for the final series

Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    Adamstown very unlucky

Charlestown look clueless

time for a new coach
    Very embarrassing for you rhe way you target the Charlestown Azzurri and coach so regularly.

Looking through previous postings one could be forgiven for not working out who you are most likely to be.

Fairly certain the Charlestown Azzurri qualified for first finals in quite some time with this squad and coach last year .

Looking at the recent NewFM table one would think you would be better concentrating on your most recent team than living in the past .

On today's game looked a fairly good match considering conditions and good on Charlestown Azzurri for getting a game on .

Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    Very embarrassing for you rhe way you target the Charlestown Azzurri and coach so regularly.

Looking through previous postings one could be forgiven for not working out who you are most likely to be.

Fairly certain the Charlestown Azzurri qualified for first finals in quite some time with this squad and coach last year .

Looking at the recent NewFM table one would think you would be better concentrating on your most recent team than living in the past .

On today's game looked a fairly good match considering conditions and good on Charlestown Azzurri for getting a game on .
    Agree that's it was good to see a game get played today

Pitch will hopefully pull up ok

Have heard northern looking to make it an 11 team Comp next year bringing cooks Hill up and a 12 team the year after bringing up new Lambton.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Have heard northern looking to make it an 11 team Comp next year bringing cooks Hill up and a 12 team the year after bringing up new Lambton.
    Just a terrible idea IMO. Make the comp promotion and relegation.

Secondly, the NNSW NPL has a small talent pool. We are nowhere near as big as Syd Mel, Bris etc. Watch the difference between the top 3 and the bottom 3 grow. Not only this the top teams will become weaker as a small number of top players in top teams leave for money which I understand. Which will hurt us in the national competitions.

It's taken decades for NNSW NPL to begin starting to compete with the bigger metro areas. Why undo this work?

What do others think?
    Last edited by immersion; 21-06-2021 at 12:38 PM.