Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dt123 View Post
    Will new Lambton be playing at alder park? That’s arguably worse than valos ground
    There's a lot of paint marking on the western side of Alder. Are they finally allowed to build something?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dt123 View Post
    They are upgrading the grass and adding grandstands which is a positive sign
    Prep for 2023 NPL?

Notice the marks all over the ground in the eastern side as well?

Jacob pepper to Cooks Hill

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    Magic trying to recoup some of the player numbers they've lost. Have heard they've lost anywhere up to 8 players.
    are you sure they LOST them ?
    or RELEASED them ?

knowing Zaney he would have plans around those released
    Last edited by cobra23; 27-09-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Some good signings for Maitland in yesterday's Mercury. Paul Bitz ,Will McFarlane ,Braydyn Crowley, Jarryd Sutherland .
    Two big losses in captain Carl Thornton and Ryan Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Some good signings for Maitland in yesterday's Mercury. Paul Bitz ,Will McFarlane ,Braydyn Crowley, Jarryd Sutherland .
    team to beat in 2022
    great signings

Did they lose there keeper from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Did they lose there keeper from last year?
    * their

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    * their
    PLEASE!
    YOU FROM ALL PEOPLE TO CORRECT ANYONE ON ANYTHING
    JEEPERS CREEPERS

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    PLEASE!
    YOU FROM ALL PEOPLE TO CORRECT ANYONE ON ANYTHING
    JEEPERS CREEPERS
    Exactly. Coming from the bloke who blows kids horns at soccer games

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Exactly. Coming from the bloke who blows kids horns at soccer games
    Are you interested in buying a horn? I sell them for only $10! Hey it’s a beautiful day!

That's a long list of players moving on from Broadmeadow Magic in the Herald today

Looks like they cleared out anyone older than 25

Craig Kerry is a pretty poor local football writer, he writes as if he is reading from a cue card.
    James Gardiner does a really good job by comparison.

Apart from that. Magic have been gutted looking at that story. Chilli & Rooke going to Jaffa's though? I'll be really interested to see who has been let go to make way for them. Rooke can be the best midfielder in the comp on his day & James Virgili is the best goal scoring winger in the comp.

Jon Griffiths is a big get for Cooks Hill too.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Can someone copy the article here?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Herald Article

Broadmeadow Magic will field a young, new-look line-up in their FFA Cup match against A-League side Western Sydney Wanderers after the departure of several senior players.

Leading scorer James Virgili, skipper Luke Virgili, stalwart defenders Jon Griffiths and Matt Hoole, midfielder Mitch Rooke and 2018 competition player of the year Sam Walker are among those who have left the club.

Coach Damian Zane said the Virgili brothers and Hoole had joined Northern NSW NPL premiers Lambton Jaffas, while Griffiths, Rooke and Walker were also headed elsewhere. The Newcastle Herald understands Griffiths has joined NPL newcomers Cooks Hill.

Luke Callan and Sam Haren are other departures.

Midfielder Jose Atayde, who missed the latter part of this season because of COVID restrictions, is likely to try his hand overseas again and will probably miss the cup match.

On the plus side, Magic have signed Damon Green (Edgeworth) and Aaron Oppedisano (Charlestown) for next year but both will be cup tied for the Wanderers clash. The main draw, nationwide knockout game has yet to be rescheduled because of COVID restrictions but will be held at No.2 Sportsground, possibly next month

Former Jet Jack Simmons, who played briefly at Broadmeadow this year before going to Queensland for trials, is back and could play for Magic. Another addition for the game and next season is Oscar Ward from the Central Coast Mariners.

In Zane's first campaign at the helm, Magic finished fourth in the NNSW NPL this season. The league was abandoned after 16 of 18 rounds because of the COVID lockdown.

Broadmeadow, though, had already joined Newcastle Olympic in the FFA Cup round of 32 after a 4-3 extra-time thriller over Edgeworth and wins against Port Macquarie United (8-0) and Weston (2-1).

Young defender Jeremy Wilson has taken over as captain of Magic. Ryan Ensor is vice-captain.

The depleted Broadmeadow line-up face a huge task against the Wanderers but Zane was happy with how the squad was shaping up for 2022.

Zane, who took Edgeworth to the last 16 in the FFA Cup twice, said he had "a massive squad" at Magic this year and the departures would take away his selection headaches.

He believed the likes of Jake Harris and Jordan Jackson in defence, Green, Simmons and Ward in midfield and Jarred Baker and Jayden Stewardson in attack would fill the void.

"I'm pretty happy with what we have, we just need a couple to round out the squad and we'll be OK," Zane said.

Olympic, meanwhile, have recruited former Mariners keeper Adam Pearce as well as Jarrod Dodds (Hills United), Marcus Duncan (Weston) and Jackson Burston (Lake Macquarie) for next year.

Olympic host A-League side Macarthur in their first round of 32 cup appearance. That match is also set to be held at No.2 Sportsground.

Thanks Hacker
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Looks like they cleared out anyone older than 25
    Maitland doing the same getting rid of their older players. Thornton, Clarke and Swan

not sure its exactly the same
    Maitland have brought in quality and experience, to bolster existing players-
    Maitland and Jaffas squad will be far to superior next season, with there recruits and existing squad.
    Magic have lost all there experience, and replaced with ?
    Im sure with DZ, coaching quality he has a plan, we will see