Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    all competitions around the world get promoted and relegated based on performance.
    i yet have seen anywhere , that grounds, and fencing was the key performance indicator for promotion.
    Except this doesn't happen

And Northern did give all NL1 clubs criteria on grounds and fencing amongst other things for them to meet, this is despite some current NPL clubs not currently meeting all those requirements.

I'm not surprised West Wallsend are upset or Belswans. And unless North Lambton no longer have to share the ground with Athletics or they (or Northern) have got an alternative ground to use during summer then it appears Northern are happy to ignore their criteria. Which isn't a surprise considering Warners Bay got to keep their WPL team and Northern didn't want to wait any longer before changing it to WNPL

Quote Originally Posted by matmoncrieff View Post
    Are we really going to tell all our senior players that fees are going to be the same next year but you are only playing 16 games and it doesn't matter if we dominate the comp or don't win a game nothing will change.
    I would say will Northern drop their fees if the comp is no longer as long but that's a laughable idea.

Shame about Peter ignoring NL1 clubs

Sounds like Pete’s forgetting where his bread was buttered

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Except this doesn't happen

And Northern did give all NL1 clubs criteria on grounds and fencing amongst other things for them to meet, this is despite some current NPL clubs not currently meeting all those requirements.

I'm not surprised West Wallsend are upset or Belswans. And unless North Lambton no longer have to share the ground with Athletics or they (or Northern) have got an alternative ground to use during summer then it appears Northern are happy to ignore their criteria. Which isn't a surprise considering Warners Bay got to keep their WPL team and Northern didn't want to wait any longer before changing it to WNPL
    can we create a ground keeper willy thread

again, fields and fences- i thought we played football?
    yes i did understand and read your post, before Hunter unleashes.

NNSWF may have put in place, criteria, as a grand plan, for all clubs to work to and achieve, some have and others havent given a sht.
    but remember the council owns the grounds, so unless you win grants, have the money - no grounds will improve.

as to Matts post, surely there would be 2-3 teams in ZPL with aspirations to play up, the top 3 would still probably do a job on half of NL1 anyway.

NNSWF may have put in place, criteria, as a grand plan, for all clubs to work to and achieve, some have and others havent given a sht.
    but remember the council owns the grounds, so unless you win grants, have the money - no grounds will improve.
    And get council approval, but at the end of 2019 when Northern said no NL1 clubs will be promoted they gave reasons to each club a lot of it was about what clubs had at their ground. And it isn't just money to make the changes (changes which current NPL clubs don't meet), you need council approval and Northern told clubs they need year round access, which some clubs don't and will never have as they are council grounds who force them to share with other sports. The club I was do have year round access I know others were knocked back with that being one of the reasons

Full disclosure I was on one of the committees and part of the working group to get together the documentation for promotion of one of the 4 clubs mentioned in the article. I have since left the club but to say they don't give a shit or haven't worked towards improving and meeting the criteria that current NPL teams don't have to meet is a load of crap. As Matt says, what is the point if Northern say they hit the 12 teams and say that's it and even if a team like Lake Macquarie or Adamstown battle for the wooden spoon every year but stay in the top competition regardless what is the point?

With the announcement today of youth decoupling, is there a realistic chance of a league with a combination of NL1/ZPL teams? Or will NL1 clubs choose to drop to ZPL regardless?

What are the rules about joining ZPL? Would clubs need to start in ZL3?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    With the announcement today of youth decoupling, is there a realistic chance of a league with a combination of NL1/ZPL teams? Or will NL1 clubs choose to drop to ZPL regardless?

they would have to apply, the same as we all do, you could then throw the balls in the air to see what happens next...

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

I wonder.....If ZPL teams want to go up, will they have to have 13-18s?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    If they do zero teams will go up

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    If they do zero teams will go up
    interested to know why not?

there is obviously a key reason, as to why they wouldn't want to push up a tier, 3-5 teams are well and truly good enough to be there

there is obviously a key reason, as to why they wouldn't want to push up a tier, 3-5 teams are well and truly good enough to be there
    Couple of possible reasons. I think a lot of the ZPL guys that have already dropped back from higher grades genuinely enjoy playing with mates and they don’t necessarily have to commit to full on training. Also from what I’ve observed at some clubs, including NPL, there is a definite drop off in people volunteering at clubs. Just my observations.

The teams are good enough easily but a lot aren’ affiliated with a junior club and the strong ones are in that boat

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    The teams are good enough easily but a lot aren’ affiliated with a junior club and the strong ones are in that boat
    Do they need to be affiliated?
    Do you need junior teams moving forward, can it be still the 3 grades, in NL1

Do they need to be affiliated?
    Do you need junior teams moving forward, can it be still the 3 grades, in NL1
    Tronno assume so

Why would they go up to play in an arguably worse league, pay double in fees and be treated by northern as the ugly sister? So they can have a northern logo on their jersey...

Not to sure who you are affilated with or how old you are but here is my take on it.

ZPL is a better comp.

There would be a few who would want to go up, and i could probably name them also, not sure why they would like to do it, but hey go for it if you want to be treated like shit.

Most like myself have been there before, either playing, coaching or on a committee.

The second tier is a joke, it has been for a long time, spend a shit load of cash, win stuff all in return and get treated by the powers that be as a little cash cow to prop up whatever and now its a 9 team comp, ?????
    Why keep doing this year after year, waiting for Northern to hang the carrot out, one day you will catch it, for what though?

There are some great clubs in the 2nd tier, lots of heritage etc who have been in there for a very long time, I'm not sure what keeps them going?

NNSWFA had control of all the senior sides from 1st to 5th divisions back in the day, promotion and relegation all through it, worked well until they didn't want to do the work looking after all those teams.
    They then dumped all bar the 1st and 2nd divisions.

Northern once again are reshaping the comps, why? because they keep making mistakes, year after year, cluster fuk after cluster fuk.

Is NPL and the 2nd tier both going to 1st and reserve's only next year when they de-couple the youth??

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    My understanding of the criteria is if ZPL teams were to go up they would have to have 13-18"s
    So the question is where do they get the kids from? We already know there are not enough quality in the current Youth NPL/NL1 teams
    As an example if Cardiff chose to go up, there are not enough kids in the area to accommodate those squads especially with Sth Cardiff already having squads just up the hill.

It will be interesting to see who nominates if any for NL1

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    And get council approval, but at the end of 2019 when Northern said no NL1 clubs will be promoted they gave reasons to each club a lot of it was about what clubs had at their ground. And it isn't just money to make the changes (changes which current NPL clubs don't meet), you need council approval and Northern told clubs they need year round access, which some clubs don't and will never have as they are council grounds who force them to share with other sports. The club I was do have year round access I know others were knocked back with that being one of the reasons

Full disclosure I was on one of the committees and part of the working group to get together the documentation for promotion of one of the 4 clubs mentioned in the article. I have since left the club but to say they don't give a shit or haven't worked towards improving and meeting the criteria that current NPL teams don't have to meet is a load of crap. As Matt says, what is the point if Northern say they hit the 12 teams and say that's it and even if a team like Lake Macquarie or Adamstown battle for the wooden spoon every year but stay in the top competition regardless what is the point?
    I hope the remaining NL1 Clubs get the answers that they need to properly plan to ensure those above are pressured to perform. Decoupling Youth will shake up a few, you can clearly see the strategy in it toward creating a survival of the fittest environment from the bottom up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    My understanding of the criteria is if ZPL teams were to go up they would have to have 13-18"s
    So the question is where do they get the kids from? We already know there are not enough quality in the current Youth NPL/NL1 teams
    As an example if Cardiff chose to go up, there are not enough kids in the area to accommodate those squads especially with Sth Cardiff already having squads just up the hill.
    Cardiff are going nowhere. Very happy with their lot. Cardiff had a strong junior setup in years past. They were in SYL for a while. Days are gorrrn

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Cardiff are going nowhere. Very happy with their lot. Cardiff had a strong junior setup in years past. They were in SYL for a while. Days are gorrrn
    he was only using Cardiff as an example, very quick to pounce aren't we Terry, travellingman is correct there are not enough kids in this area or any area.

now they have decoupled the youth from NPL and NPL1 it makes it even worse.
    1st and reggies only 2023 or are there plans for a 3rd grade?

yes we are happy, our own ground, make our own rules.

The system not clubs is stuffed, ...cardiff as a junior club were the strongest in town for quite a few years but once again the system changed for the worst.