Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

Cooks Hill vs New Lambton
    1st: 1-5
    Res: 2-0
    18s: 1-3

In 1sts cookers had a player sent off after about 15 mins for denying a goal scoring opportunity. It was a tough, debatable call. The eagles were ruthless from then on scoring 4 in the next 20 or so mins and took that lead to halftime.

The second half was mostly going through the motions, cookers adapting well and creating some good chances. Overall, the early red had a large influence on the contest, but cookers did not react/adapt well at all after going down to 10 men in the first half.

Toronto Awaba 2
    South Cardiff 1

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Toronto Awaba 2
    South Cardiff 1
    Battle for the wooden spoon ?
    Who is coaching South Cardiff now

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Geoff Allen. Damn good bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Geoff Allen. Damn good bloke.
    👍

Battle of the spoon?

Throwing Kahibah into the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    Battle of the spoon?

Throwing Kahibah into the mix?
    Kahibah 4-0 over Southy. Just give them the spoon now

Toronto 1 Cooks Hill 1.
    A bad 7 days for the Cookers

Toronto 1 Cooks Hill 1.
    A bad 7 days for the Cookers
    Don’t take nothing away from Awaba , they played great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    New Lambton vs Belswans
    1st: 1-1
    Res: 1-0
    18s: 1-3

Good tight tussle in firsts. Both teams defended quite well and made it difficult for the other team to play. Both a bit disappointed with a point, but probably a fair result in the end.
    18s 3-1 NL.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    18s 3-1 NL.
    My bad, thanks mate.

Oops accidentally deleted my post...

New Lambton vs Belswans
    1st: 1-1
    Res: 1-0
    18s: 3-1

Good tight tussle in firsts. Both teams defended quite well and made it difficult for the other team to play. Both a bit disappointed with a point, but probably a fair result in the end.

Good match Cookers v Kahibah. Kahibah really gave them a run for it. With the money Cookers have spent this year, they should have won easily.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

New Lambton vs Cessnock
    1sts: 5-0
    Res: 2-1
    18s: 4-0?

Could've been a bloodbath in 1sts, plenty of missed chances. But overall a good day for the Eagles.

Good match Cookers v Kahibah. Kahibah really gave them a run for it. With the money Cookers have spent this year, they should have won easily.
    What's the story with Kahibah? From 13s to 1st they are 3rd, 8th, 7th, 6th, 2nd, 4th and 9th in first grade. For a club that dominated this league for a while and I think it was 2 years ago that they had 4 Youth teams in GFs? Since Gumprecht left they seem to have gone backwards and slipping further. Just not the same quality on and off the park. Miles away from Belswans, New Lambton and Cooks Hill now if seeking promotion.

Money talks and they have lost most of it $20K a year to Gumps alone.

What's the story with Kahibah? From 13s to 1st they are 3rd, 8th, 7th, 6th, 2nd, 4th and 9th in first grade. For a club that dominated this league for a while and I think it was 2 years ago that they had 4 Youth teams in GFs? Since Gumprecht left they seem to have gone backwards and slipping further. Just not the same quality on and off the park. Miles away from Belswans, New Lambton and Cooks Hill now if seeking promotion.
    Overall, 3 grades in the top four out of 7 is not too bad. 2 mid table and 2 lower table. Not all doom and gloom really.

Youth grades are hardly a barometer for a club. I would think that if you analysed all clubs they would have a pretty varied range of table positions from u13 to u16.

Senior grades are a better gauge. In the case of Kahibah, they don't pay players to start with so that does limit recruiting. Secondly, the have been really hit hard with injuries over all 3 grades. First grade have been very competitive with games going down to the wire most weeks. Reserve grade have lost 2 from 9 and the 18s have lost 1 from 9 and the club has a game in hand. Far better than some clubs really.

Interested in your comment about them not having the same quality off the park. They have the same people running the club that have done so for years. Anything specific you want to point out?
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Overall, 3 grades in the top four out of 7 is not too bad. 2 mid table and 2 lower table. Not all doom and gloom really.

Youth grades are hardly a barometer for a club. I would think that if you analysed all clubs they would have a pretty varied range of table positions from u13 to u16.

Senior grades are a better gauge. In the case of Kahibah, they don't pay players to start with so that does limit recruiting. Secondly, the have been really hit hard with injuries over all 3 grades. First grade have been very competitive with games going down to the wire most weeks. Reserve grade have lost 2 from 9 and the 18s have lost 1 from 9 and the club has a game in hand. Far better than some clubs really.

Interested in your comment about them not having the same quality off the park. They have the same people running the club that have done so for years. Anything specific you want to point out?
    I think it's a naive comment to dismiss Youth football. If not important.....really what's the point? As for paying players, aside from an inner city Club, I would suggest there is not much cash floating around NL1 aside from an odd rego waiver. I know clubs like Westy have stayed solid on full Regos and despite bullshit, New Lambton pay way less than some. Specifics??? I would point out that the same bloke who acts like a tool coaching Seniors as he does coaching kids might need to take a good long hard look at his actions and how it runs off on his players. Kahibah were the next BIG club. Now? Basket case.....

I think it's a naive comment to dismiss Youth football. If not important.....really what's the point? As for paying players, aside from an inner city Club, I would suggest there is not much cash floating around NL1 aside from an odd rego waiver. I know clubs like Westy have stayed solid on full Regos and despite bullshit, New Lambton pay way less than some. Specifics??? I would point out that the same bloke who acts like a tool coaching Seniors as he does coaching kids might need to take a good long hard look at his actions and how it runs off on his players. Kahibah were the next BIG club. Now? Basket case.....
    There's plenty of cash floating around NL1. People well past their prime or not up to NPL standard are making $$ from delusional clubs

As for paying players, aside from an inner city Club, I would suggest there is not much cash floating around NL1 aside from an odd rego waiver. I know clubs like Westy have stayed solid on full Regos and despite bullshit, New Lambton pay way less than some.
    Pretty much every club are paying match fees to 1st graders, but most typically leave the rego cost up to the player