Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Just wondering if Tanch managed to bring many new players to the club ??
    Tanch is at Cooks Hill isn’t he

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Tanch is at Cooks Hill isn’t he
    Sure is

Any update on the Gunners FR?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Any update on the Gunners FR?
    Looking the goods

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Looking the goods
    I hear a few players have gone to Cardiff and Suns in ZPL

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Well how can they be looking good?

Maitland 8 Kahibah 0

Heard Cooks Hill played Mayfield Juniors today, anyone know the result?

sure it wasnt ZPL cookers playing Mayfield

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    sure it wasnt ZPL cookers playing Mayfield

Tomorrow is a special day out at Barnsley. West Wallsend and Barnsley are playing For the Finley Cairney cup. A man who sadly lost his battle against cancer in 2017 so if people arnt busy tomorrow get out to barnsley watch some football have a few tins and remember a wonderful man who is missed by all games are at 1245 & 230

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    And a few to other NewFM sides. Bit of discontent with the 1st grade coach so they walked.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    And a few to other NewFM sides. Bit of discontent with the 1st grade coach so they walked.
    😂😂😂

Toronto Awaba v Westlakes still on today

U18 2-30
    Res 4-15
    John Beguin Shield 6pm

Noel Fishburn Oval

Toronto Awaba 3 Westlakes 1

Good tough trial, Westlakes should have a good year. One stupid challenge ruined a good game, but typical local derby I suppose

Dudley 2 Defeated Belswans 1 in the John Harper Cup. Belswans got a real late goal. I know it’s preseason but Swans don’t look as strong as past years.

In the HIT youth, 13s 15s 16s have 2 teams with a bye on each week. Thats a lot of missed comp football. NIAS has 1 14s team.

Not finger pointing but as a whole, we should be better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    In the HIT youth, 13s 15s 16s have 2 teams with a bye on each week. Thats a lot of missed comp football. NIAS has 1 14s team.

Not finger pointing but as a whole, we should be better than this.
    This might have been avoided if NNSW had come down harder on the clubs that failed to field teams in youth grades in the last few years.

Northern League rules require clubs to field teams or risk being excluded from all grades. Seriously, boot the clubs that fail to field teams down to ZL. Run 3 rounds. Invite Zone League clubs to step up. Don't care but fix this embarrassment.

And while we are at it, call this league NPL2. Adds to the credibility of the comp. Forget this ground criteria bs: they clearly do in Sydney.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Cannot agree more.

Clubs have gotten away with repeatedly, year upon year. NNSW wouldn’t let this happen in NPL - don’t disrespect the second division by accepting less. No promotion opportunities. No relegation for those who cannot fulfil the most of requirements. Is Hit NL1 anymore than a holding space for clubs who want to do the right thing and a payday for NNSW each year?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Cannot agree more.

Clubs have gotten away with repeatedly, year upon year. NNSW wouldnÂ’t let this happen in NPL - donÂ’t disrespect the second division by accepting less. No promotion opportunities. No relegation for those who cannot fulfil the most of requirements. Is Hit NL1 anymore than a holding space for clubs who want to do the right thing and a payday for NNSW each year?
    I think my ban has ended? Here it comes again....Why doesn't Northern de couple Youth football? Let the Competitive NL1 Youth teams play NPL, (NPL mid tier clubs evenly matched with Cooks Hill, Belswans, Southy and New Lambton). Give the NL1 clubs who cannot field competitive Youth teams a lifeline to drop Youth teams and let good ZPL clubs like Mayfield, Dudley and Cardiff City come up with 1st Res and 18s. Leave it as a NL1 but create promotion and relegation but only clubs with Youth, a healthy balance sheet and suitable corporate structure can be considered if they finish 1st. I agree ground criteria is a farce. There are only 2 "stadiums" in Newcastle. Northern have literally done nothing over 4 years except hit these poorly run NL1 clubs with a tissue. Demographics has nothing to do with poor planning. All Northern care about is their average NPL where good NL1 Senior and Youth sides match mid table NPL programs or beat them. Really the Senior NPL should head straight to the Semis and invite Edgey, Magic, Jaffas and Maitland. The rest can plan for their endo. Northern are ignorant to what is happening around them. As usual. Parents send their kids off to follow NPL dreams at average programs with $1700 in their hand to pay Senior wages only to exit stage left as soon as little Johnny is getting hammered week to week. Kahibah recently swept an NPL club in Youth, Belswans 18s and New Lambton 18s beat NPL 18s teams easily. There is nothing "Premier" about it at all. There is a quick fix that makes so much sense. Northern are too docile to see it or too arrogant to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    I think my ban has ended? Here it comes again....Why doesn't Northern de couple Youth football? Let the Competitive NL1 Youth teams play NPL, (NPL mid tier clubs evenly matched with Cooks Hill, Belswans, Southy and New Lambton). Give the NL1 clubs who cannot field competitive Youth teams a lifeline to drop Youth teams and let good ZPL clubs like Mayfield, Dudley and Cardiff City come up with 1st Res and 18s. Leave it as a NL1 but create promotion and relegation but only clubs with Youth, a healthy balance sheet and suitable corporate structure can be considered if they finish 1st. I agree ground criteria is a farce. There are only 2 "stadiums" in Newcastle. Northern have literally done nothing over 4 years except hit these poorly run NL1 clubs with a tissue. Demographics has nothing to do with poor planning. All Northern care about is their average NPL where good NL1 Senior and Youth sides match mid table NPL programs or beat them. Really the Senior NPL should head straight to the Semis and invite Edgey, Magic, Jaffas and Maitland. The rest can plan for their endo. Northern are ignorant to what is happening around them. As usual. Parents send their kids off to follow NPL dreams at average programs with $1700 in their hand to pay Senior wages only to exit stage left as soon as little Johnny is getting hammered week to week. Kahibah recently swept an NPL club in Youth, Belswans 18s and New Lambton 18s beat NPL 18s teams easily. There is nothing "Premier" about it at all. There is a quick fix that makes so much sense. Northern are too docile to see it or too arrogant to care.
    Not even remotely true. Wouldn’t want my kid playing against newfm teams, they don’t beat nearly all of the NPL teams except ones that have have big movement during the off-season and the game is more hacking and bad football, with kids who genuinely go out to hurt the other team when they can’t match the NPL kids. No thanks.