Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    I think it's a naive comment to dismiss Youth football. If not important.....really what's the point? As for paying players, aside from an inner city Club, I would suggest there is not much cash floating around NL1 aside from an odd rego waiver. I know clubs like Westy have stayed solid on full Regos and despite bullshit, New Lambton pay way less than some. Specifics??? I would point out that the same bloke who acts like a tool coaching Seniors as he does coaching kids might need to take a good long hard look at his actions and how it runs off on his players. Kahibah were the next BIG club. Now? Basket case.....
    I didn't say it wasn't important at all. Please read it again. I said that youth grades are hardly a barometer for a club. Take a look at Singleton.

If anyone is naive, it is you if you don't think NL1 clubs are paying players. I was on the committee of one that does and there are many others that do as well. Club player budgets are often discussed. BP Super Dynamos has the truth of it.

Thanks for clearing up your contention that the club doesn't have the same quality off the park. It is extremely well thought out. Clearly the whole club is based on the behaviour of one person, not the committee, volunteers, all coaches and parents/supporters. If your argument were true then other clubs (Magic and Olympic spring to mind in recent times) must be even worse off as they have had senior and youth coaches suspended because of behaviour. Equally, every other club that has had a coach receive a yellow card must be just as bad a Kahibah by your logic. The simple fact is, you wanted a crack at one bloke and decided to use it to tar a whole club.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

I think it's a naive comment to dismiss Youth football. If not important.....really what's the point? As for paying players, aside from an inner city Club, I would suggest there is not much cash floating around NL1 aside from an odd rego waiver. I know clubs like Westy have stayed solid on full Regos and despite bullshit, New Lambton pay way less than some. Specifics??? I would point out that the same bloke who acts like a tool coaching Seniors as he does coaching kids might need to take a good long hard look at his actions and how it runs off on his players. Kahibah were the next BIG club. Now? Basket case.....
    Hi, I'm the one that you keep taking potshots at and was made aware of your comments by a friend of mine. Obviously have some major problems with me so I thought I would address some of the issues you have. Like some yeah I get a little carried away in games but the mostly through passion and generally a lot of humour but always move on after games and always shaking hands with the opposition and the match officials. I have been around for a while and have real passion for getting more referees into the game and definetly to help the existing referees get better. From someone on the outside seeing me on the sidelines I can see how you think this couldn't be true or hypocritical but there are many that can vouch for this, in fact I will be spending the next 2 nights a referees course with my young bloke in an effort to help the referee crisis we have at the moment and obvioulsy get a better understanding what it is like to be a referee.
    As for what you have said about Kahibah I will address a few of your points. We have had Andre at the helm for the past 5 and he has been great for the club but has now moved on. The club is now looking in a new direction and have some new coaches and new ideas that will take years to see the outcome. There is no promotion/relegation we have been striving for promotion to the NPL ever since we we were accepted to Northern League 1 but no matter what we do the goal posts keep moving when the application process comes out and our application to become a NPL is always refused. And when I look at what Cooks Hill had done in that 3 year dominant period leading up to the last application process and they also got rejected, sort of takes the wind out of your sails and makes you wonder what has to be done to actually get promoted. We do things a little bit differently at Kahibah we do not have a drive to win trophies for our youth teams, do we want to you bet but its not a major driver. We don't fill our squads up to the brim of 16 or more players. We do not charge the huge fees compared to a lot of clubs in NL1 and NPL. We keep our squads to a bare minimum, does this hurt us in some games sure does but what it does is give our players maximum game time and the abundance of opportunity for our players to be involved in more than 1 game each weekend. It is my philosophy that the more you play the more you will improve, I would say our Kahibah kids on mass will get more game time than any other players in the competition. The teams we have played in the last few weeks have in the main have squads of 16 and I watched some very talented kids spend 20 to 30 minutes on the bench in a 70 minute game, i'm not saying that it is wrong i'm just saying I don't believe it is the best way to develop a player in my opinion. If you watched all the 7 games we played on the weekend against the very talented full squads of New Lambton then you would know that our squads are in the main doing well and our kids are playing with passion and improving each week. If you are from New Lambton then you shouldn't be questioning other clubs off field performances. We had the requirement for 2 ambulances on Sunday and neither could drive into the ground because no-one had a key to the gate, our 1st young bloke broke both bones in his wrist and had to walk 100 or so metres to the Alder Park carpark to meet the ambulance. The second one seen the poor ambulance men have to lug all there equipment the same distance then jump the fence as there was no gate close to where the injured player was. There was no hot water in the sheds and no-one could workout how to turn it on and the 18's, 14's, 15's and 16's all played with training balls not the compulsory competition balls like every other club does. Lets not even start discussing the canteen pricing but it is nice food.
    Anyway back to your issues we are working hard behind the scenes with our majority local kids to keep improving and when the time comes have our kids ready to enter into the world of NPL. We have introduced JDL this season for the 1st time and we are working behind the scenes on a facility that will tick all the boxes for an NPL licence. When NNSW decide that promotion and relegation is a thing again we will be ready to put our hat in the ring. I am ok with you having some personnel beef with me but to try and create this hysteria that the club is a 'basket case' is just sour grapes from a keyboard warrior. You obviously know me so come and have a chat with me next time you see me at a ground make yourself known and if I have offended you somewhere along the way I will happily apologise, i'm sure no harm was intended and I can say I actually cant think of anyone that i have met in football heated argument or not that i would not have a conversation with. Or if you want come and join me in the referees course tonight, last Saturday and Sunday morning you would have found me at our ground to watch and film our U6 and U7 kids, JDL and community teams. Last Thursday you would have found me refereeing an interclub U8 and U9 game that I organised after I coached the U14's. If I'm a tool and you think I am somehow setting a bad example happy to discuss to improve and get better, just make yourself known the next time we cross paths.

Why did I even respond, I am big enough and ugly enough to cop criticism but the club operates on a very small hard working committee that runs every team from U6's to Over 35's and will be celebrating 100 years existence soon, we have an interest in all our players and try to create the best environment and experience for all of them. Do we get it wrong sometimes sure but there is no intent. To have someone have a go at what they are doing or have achieved I thought needed a response.

Hope to catch up for a chat soon.

Quote Originally Posted by matmoncrieff View Post
    Hi, I'm the one that you keep taking potshots at and was made aware of your comments by a friend of mine. Obviously have some major problems with me so I thought I would address some of the issues you have. Like some yeah I get a little carried away in games but the mostly through passion and generally a lot of humour but always move on after games and always shaking hands with the opposition and the match officials. I have been around for a while and have real passion for getting more referees into the game and definetly to help the existing referees get better. From someone on the outside seeing me on the sidelines I can see how you think this couldn't be true or hypocritical but there are many that can vouch for this, in fact I will be spending the next 2 nights a referees course with my young bloke in an effort to help the referee crisis we have at the moment and obvioulsy get a better understanding what it is like to be a referee.
    As for what you have said about Kahibah I will address a few of your points. We have had Andre at the helm for the past 5 and he has been great for the club but has now moved on. The club is now looking in a new direction and have some new coaches and new ideas that will take years to see the outcome. There is no promotion/relegation we have been striving for promotion to the NPL ever since we we were accepted to Northern League 1 but no matter what we do the goal posts keep moving when the application process comes out and our application to become a NPL is always refused. And when I look at what Cooks Hill had done in that 3 year dominant period leading up to the last application process and they also got rejected, sort of takes the wind out of your sails and makes you wonder what has to be done to actually get promoted. We do things a little bit differently at Kahibah we do not have a drive to win trophies for our youth teams, do we want to you bet but its not a major driver. We don't fill our squads up to the brim of 16 or more players. We do not charge the huge fees compared to a lot of clubs in NL1 and NPL. We keep our squads to a bare minimum, does this hurt us in some games sure does but what it does is give our players maximum game time and the abundance of opportunity for our players to be involved in more than 1 game each weekend. It is my philosophy that the more you play the more you will improve, I would say our Kahibah kids on mass will get more game time than any other players in the competition. The teams we have played in the last few weeks have in the main have squads of 16 and I watched some very talented kids spend 20 to 30 minutes on the bench in a 70 minute game, i'm not saying that it is wrong i'm just saying I don't believe it is the best way to develop a player in my opinion. If you watched all the 7 games we played on the weekend against the very talented full squads of New Lambton then you would know that our squads are in the main doing well and our kids are playing with passion and improving each week. If you are from New Lambton then you shouldn't be questioning other clubs off field performances. We had the requirement for 2 ambulances on Sunday and neither could drive into the ground because no-one had a key to the gate, our 1st young bloke broke both bones in his wrist and had to walk 100 or so metres to the Alder Park carpark to meet the ambulance. The second one seen the poor ambulance men have to lug all there equipment the same distance then jump the fence as there was no gate close to where the injured player was. There was no hot water in the sheds and no-one could workout how to turn it on and the 18's, 14's, 15's and 16's all played with training balls not the compulsory competition balls like every other club does. Lets not even start discussing the canteen pricing but it is nice food.
    Anyway back to your issues we are working hard behind the scenes with our majority local kids to keep improving and when the time comes have our kids ready to enter into the world of NPL. We have introduced JDL this season for the 1st time and we are working behind the scenes on a facility that will tick all the boxes for an NPL licence. When NNSW decide that promotion and relegation is a thing again we will be ready to put our hat in the ring. I am ok with you having some personnel beef with me but to try and create this hysteria that the club is a 'basket case' is just sour grapes from a keyboard warrior. You obviously know me so come and have a chat with me next time you see me at a ground make yourself known and if I have offended you somewhere along the way I will happily apologise, i'm sure no harm was intended and I can say I actually cant think of anyone that i have met in football heated argument or not that i would not have a conversation with. Or if you want come and join me in the referees course tonight, last Saturday and Sunday morning you would have found me at our ground to watch and film our U6 and U7 kids, JDL and community teams. Last Thursday you would have found me refereeing an interclub U8 and U9 game that I organised after I coached the U14's. If I'm a tool and you think I am somehow setting a bad example happy to discuss to improve and get better, just make yourself known the next time we cross paths.

Why did I even respond, I am big enough and ugly enough to cop criticism but the club operates on a very small hard working committee that runs every team from U6's to Over 35's and will be celebrating 100 years existence soon, we have an interest in all our players and try to create the best environment and experience for all of them. Do we get it wrong sometimes sure but there is no intent. To have someone have a go at what they are doing or have achieved I thought needed a response.

Good post man. Tell it how it is and put your name on it.

Great post!

The amount of work you do for the club and it is noticed by many at others the time and effort you put in amongst all grades.

NL can focus on $$$ and getting promoted with a community park and no hot water

Great response! If you do a quick skim of posts from this bloke you’ll quickly realise he does nothing but criticise other clubs and individuals, and when someone bites back he’s quick to chuck his toys out of the pram and call his mummy to defend him. He claims to “overhear conversations”, but anyone with a “Brain” in their head can see he’s heavily involved with New Lambton. He constantly puts down other clubs for their efforts and sprouts off about how New Lambton should be promoted, when in reality they don’t even have access to their own ground for a full season and it comes nowhere near meeting NNSW requirements. They should think themselves lucky they were even let into NL1.

I hope yourself and the others at Kahibah take his ramblings with a grain of salt and move on. YouÂ’re very committed and have quite clearly articulated the direction and aim of the club. We need more of you and your kind around Newcastle.
    Last edited by SilentBob; 02-06-2021 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Weird formatting

Good post natmoncrieff-i know you have been around for a long time and am aware of the time and effort you have given to Kahibah and endorse your comments.Your input towards referee and refereeing is positive in the main particularly these days and is commended.
    Just make sure you stay in the technical area.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob View Post
    Great response! If you do a quick skim of posts from this bloke you’ll quickly realise he does nothing but criticise other clubs and individuals, and when someone bites back he’s quick to chuck his toys out of the pram and call his mummy to defend him. He claims to “overhear conversations”, but anyone with a “Brain” in their head can see he’s heavily involved with New Lambton. He constantly puts down other clubs for their efforts and sprouts off about how New Lambton should be promoted, when in reality they don’t even have access to their own ground for a full season and it comes nowhere near meeting NNSW requirements. They should think themselves lucky they were even let into NL1.

I hope yourself and the others at Kahibah take his ramblings with a grain of salt and move on. YouÂ’re very committed and have quite clearly articulated the direction and aim of the club. We need more of you and your kind around Newcastle.
    I concur.

Banned
    We don't fill our squads up to the brim of 16 or more players. We do not charge the huge fees compared to a lot of clubs in NL1 and NPL. We keep our squads to a bare minimum, does this hurt us in some games sure does but what it does is give our players maximum game time and the abundance of opportunity for our players to be involved in more than 1 game each weekend. It is my philosophy that the more you play the more you will improve, I would say our Kahibah kids on mass will get more game time than any other players in the competition. The teams we have played in the last few weeks have in the main have squads of 16 and I watched some very talented kids spend 20 to 30 minutes on the bench in a 70 minute game, i'm not saying that it is wrong i'm just saying I don't believe it is the best way to develop a player in my opinion.
    Great call. I totally agree with this. Rather play a nearly a full game then play up a grade for a bit then have 1/3 game on the bench. Have seen the over full squad too often from "big clubs" and it stinks

I know for a fact New Lambton pay way more then most clubs, added incentive to help them achieve their goal of NPL, but lack the main thing needed which is a suitable ground...

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    I know for a fact New Lambton pay way more then most clubs, added incentive to help them achieve their goal of NPL, but lack the main thing needed which is a suitable ground...
    They use to frequently throw stones at cooks Hill about spending money but yet here they are spending big money.

I reckon this hit a nerve it wasn't supposed to hit. Your personal work ethic is not even on the radar, I don't even know you but you seem to do loads which you should be congratulated for. The query was more around why a successful club from 3 years ago seems to struggle now and how a Coach acted in a way on the weekend that he may or may not regret. I thought that is what this forum does? No disparaging comments about who does what or against players. You explained it well and your reasonings are up to you and your club. You make a good point about squad sizes. Always a query. You have a plan. I am always amused when Clubs kick off on facilities at Alder Park. I am not sure about keys or hot showers, I am not involved in the Club despite people on this forum hinting that I am. I have family connections and I know people there who run things. I do know that despite getting handed shit for years, they run a good show with limited resources or support. If they are paying players big bucks and running a Sports Club, I am not sure where the cash comes from and I would suggest this is simply a smokescreen others throw to mask their success. They have most of the same team they have had for 3 years when Jim Foley returned from what I can see. I unapologetically call out certain NPL Clubs with this level of entitlement that is undeserved as they do their fair share of slagging of NL1 and constant poaching of kids that all NL1 clubs have seen for too many years whilst Northern sit and watch. At least the NL1 forum has had some action for a change today. Usually pretty quiet in this space. All NL1 clubs need to make more noise and generate conversation about their future, the lack of direction and what the governing body is doing to support clubs outside of the NPL. All should congratulate Belswans for making a Cup run. Excellent achievement. Congratulate New Lambton for their recent success and if they have bought a bloody Bowlo that is good for a NL1 club. I don't think they have though..... Congratulate Wallsend for turning their 2020 around. If Kahibah is taking a new direction with a new plan that is great. The comp needs a strong Kahibah. Your comments about the backflips to promotion over the years are interesting. Kahibah probably have already experienced what the Cooks Hills and New Lambtons are finding now. More collaboration and less friction might be a good place to start between Clubs. I apologise if you think I was out of line.

I hope we can draw a line under the issues in the last page or two and move on?
    I would hate to have to start warning people. Or worse.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Yes let’s hope so.

Onyatoes is known and connected to the Club (like others in this forum are to their own), is not on our coaching staff nor does he speak on behalf of the club. Therefore, his comments are his own. Only one member of our executive is approved to speak on behalf of the club on this forum.

On behalf of our club, this forum is a good vehicle for raising items, discussion and hopefully change in our individual clubs - when otherwise cross club discussion would not occur in open forum.

There are so many opinions on here, that it’s likely someone will get offended at some stage - either personally or when protecting their club. Remember, we are working towards the goal and may not always get thing right (as Matt said).

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    When will they get it, New Lambton are not an NPL club. Adamstown, Jaffas, Olympic and Broadmeadow, enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    When will they get it, New Lambton are not an NPL club. Adamstown, Jaffas, Olympic and Broadmeadow, enough is enough.
    Simple Adamstown / New Lambton merger, they both need each other

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Simple Adamstown / New Lambton merger, they both need each other
    Now that makes incredible sense Stan

Interesting comments Alton. But interested in understanding - what’s makes the clubs you mention “Premier” clubs?
    Is it their:
    Tenure at the first division level?
    Ground?
    First grade?
    Youth system supporting them?
    Quality of coaches?
    Size of their committee?
    Financial viability?
    Etc.

If you looked at each of those clubs and those more widely in the NPL along with commentary on the NPL Forum feed - not many of those clubs tick all boxes at a “Premier” level. In fact, a few have been in first division for perhaps less than 10 years others arguably should stand aside if you read commentary on this Forum.

Jaffa’s are a good example - look at what they bring to the competition today. This lock the door thought process if instigated a few years back would have seen them still in second division in 2014.

Don’t get too locked into a “no change” mind set. It stunts ambition and embodies mediocrity. Both of which the competition and region does not need if football is to grow and thrive.
    Last edited by Barry Dawson; 03-06-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Heard a rumour that Lino has left Toronto last night

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Heard a rumour that Lino has left Toronto last night
    When was the last time he stayed a full season somewhere? I know he only took over this year to cover Piggo, but didn’t he come and go a few times at Cessnock?

Can confirm Lino is gone from Toronto and has signed with South Cardiff. He tried to create a lot of drama before he left.