Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

Youth NL1 finals on tomorrow should be some good games.

Predictions

16s South Cardiff
    15s New Lambton
    14s New Lambton
    13s NIAS

Heard in the 16s Semi Final Kahibah ended up with 2 red cards, which is quite a lot for a final

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Youth NL1 finals on tomorrow should be some good games.

Predictions

16s South Cardiff
    15s New Lambton
    14s New Lambton
    13s NIAS

Heard in the 16s Semi Final Kahibah ended up with 2 red cards, which is quite a lot for a final
    lol
    red cards
    part of the curriculum

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Second one was warranted. First one was wasn't. Young ref was 30m away. Turned a close game into a rout.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Second one was warranted. First one was wasn't. Young ref was 30m away. Turned a close game into a rout.
    Agree.

First one was a last man challenge which is why I’m assuming he got the red (from the refs perspective). For mine it was a foul, maybe a yellow. Strong mitigating factor was that the defender got the ball first, then tripped the attacker. Attacker stumbled, but didn’t go to ground.
    If defender doesn’t trip attacker would he have regained possession? Maybe in my eyes, but in a far less dangerous goal scoring position.
    Foul? Yes
    Yellow? Maybe
    Red? Not in my eyes.

To be fair to the young lad from Kahibah though, he took it well.

Second one, clear red, dangerous with the potential to cause injury.

U15s though….BelSwans player tried to take the South Cardiff GK out with an elbow to the head. 20 metres out of play, just before full time.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Agree.

First one was a last man challenge which is why I’m assuming he got the red (from the refs perspective). For mine it was a foul, maybe a yellow. Strong mitigating factor was that the defender got the ball first, then tripped the attacker. Attacker stumbled, but didn’t go to ground.
    If defender doesn’t trip attacker would he have regained possession? Maybe in my eyes, but in a far less dangerous goal scoring position.
    Foul? Yes
    Yellow? Maybe
    Red? Not in my eyes.
    If it is last man and in a goal scoring position (understand it was top of the box), then no question it is a red card.

U15s though….BelSwans player tried to take the South Cardiff GK out with an elbow to the head. 20 metres out of play, just before full time.
    Heard about that as well, ball had moved away when he did it so ref probably never saw it

Regardless of results tomorrow well done to Belswans and Maitland (in NPL) or making 3 grand finals in youth each.Both 13s squads knocked off undefeated teams to make the Grand Final.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Both 13s squads knocked off undefeated teams to make the Grand Final.
    Happens so often. Harsh when theres no major minor to seek redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Happens so often. Harsh when theres no major minor to seek redemption.
    Has youth always been top 4 knockout (1v4,2v3) or is it like it this way due to the season running over?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Has youth always been top 4 knockout (1v4,2v3) or is it like it this way due to the season running over?
    Good question. Theres been a few formats but the last 6 years or so has been the same,
    Community still does it the old way

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Good question. Theres been a few formats but the last 6 years or so has been the same,
    Community still does it the old way
    The old way is far better and rewards coming first

Couple cocky NL fellas getting around on socials last night, especially for guys that never won a GF

What do you mean by that, care to ellaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Yesk21 View Post
    Couple cocky NL fellas getting around on socials last night, especially for guys that never won a GF
    Won 3 premierships in a row though. 2nd chance games are only important to teams finishing 2nd!

It was good banter from both NL and Kahibah tbf. Boys are probably on their EOS.

Heard the Bozinovski didn’t even go to end of season??? Trouble in paradise? Soft as butter can anyone confirm

Not even posting in the right year. Pathetic. Someone help me? Did I just time travel? What’s happened to sanity? Will Northern League one be a thing?

Heard from a reliable source that all the Bozinovskis are going to Kahibah.

Heard RJSteakHouse is Pat Wand. Anyone Confirm?