Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

I am doing some iso, anyone know a score from NL v Singleton last night? Nothing on socials and NL usually post quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    I am doing some iso, anyone know a score from NL v Singleton last night? Nothing on socials and NL usually post quickly.
    Was in their fb story....NL won 1-0.

Just saw it. Thanks.

Singleton and Thornton 3-3. Probably ends Thornton's year and gives Westy a shot at 5th. Aside from that it's cue in the rack time. This comp is stale, just like the bottom of the NPL with no pro/relegation.

Singleton and Thornton 3-3. Probably ends Thornton's year and gives Westy a shot at 5th. Aside from that it's cue in the rack time. This comp is stale, just like the bottom of the NPL with no pro/relegation.
    agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

With NL now up, all NL1 Clubs need to enforce mandatory criteria for all to follow and surely seek guidance on pro/rel with a date set. Southy, Belswans, Kahibah, Westy look like being the next group and all bring something. You cannot have lazy NPL Clubs sitting idle. Is it weird that the two most recent Clubs promoted to NL1 were the first to get out? What were other Clubs doing? Especially when Northern were screaming for a balanced demograph? 6 Clubs in NPL within 5kms of each other in 2023. At least it will create some rivalry in local football.

With NL now up, all NL1 Clubs need to enforce mandatory criteria for all to follow and surely seek guidance on pro/rel with a date set. Southy, Belswans, Kahibah, Westy look like being the next group and all bring something. You cannot have lazy NPL Clubs sitting idle. Is it weird that the two most recent Clubs promoted to NL1 were the first to get out? What were other Clubs doing? Especially when Northern were screaming for a balanced demograph? 6 Clubs in NPL within 5kms of each other in 2023. At least it will create some rivalry in local football.
    Different view to most but might Southy and Belswans like this new dynamic? They are a way off going to NPL so why not win a couple of premierships and get some pride back in the clubs. It's easier to build when you have some success, however relative that success is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    Different view to most but might Southy and Belswans like this new dynamic? They are a way off going to NPL so why not win a couple of premierships and get some pride back in the clubs. It's easier to build when you have some success, however relative that success is.
    nah they've both been crying on socials about it

All Northern league one clubs need to band together and take the fight to football Australia, 3 points stand out, no promotion/relegation, no correspondence from northern in regards to New Lambton promotion and zero direction on where NPL and Northern league one are heading, not one club has any grudge against New Lambton promotion, good luck to them I say but clubs need direction and it’s clearly not available from NNSWF a the moment, to promote a club and then deliver no correspondence or direction on where the Northen league one comp is heading to remaining clubs is appalling in my opinion. It’s time to fight the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    All Northern league one clubs need to band together and take the fight to football Australia, 3 points stand out, no promotion/relegation, no correspondence from northern in regards to New Lambton promotion and zero direction on where NPL and Northern league one are heading, not one club has any grudge against New Lambton promotion, good luck to them I say but clubs need direction and it’s clearly not available from NNSWF a the moment, to promote a club and then deliver no correspondence or direction on where the Northen league one comp is heading to remaining clubs is appalling in my opinion. It’s time to fight the fight.
    Sounds like a plan!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Everyone with half a brain knows promotion and relegation will fix football in this country - but the Fa have enabled the same locked out method for their national competition despite falling ratings, interest, and quality - also despite the FIFA charters that say pro/rel is necessary for an authorised fifa competition.

FA won’t help, it’s just an extension of the CFG anyway. Football in oz is killed in board rooms.

not one club has any grudge against New Lambton promotion, good luck to them I say but clubs need direction and it’s clearly not available from NNSWF a the moment, to promote a club and then deliver no correspondence or direction on where the Northern league one comp is heading to remaining clubs is appalling in my opinion.
    Well said.

Couldn't agree more. Give Clubs direction to achieve and consequence if they don't. It happens all around the world except Northern NSW.

2-1 Wallsend win in the derby!

Only saw the 2nd half and still got my moneys worth. As a neutral Westy we’re unlucky on a few offside calls. Wallsend scored a great goal to win the game with 10-15 to go working the ball around well inside the box. Very fiery 2nd half with 9 yellow cards in the game. Bit of fire and grubbiness is needed in this comp. Very good 2nd half from both sides. Wallsends LB by far the best player on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    2-1 Wallsend win in the derby!

Only saw the 2nd half and still got my moneys worth. As a neutral Westy we’re unlucky on a few offside calls. Wallsend scored a great goal to win the game with 10-15 to go working the ball around well inside the box. Very fiery 2nd half with 9 yellow cards in the game. Bit of fire and grubbiness is needed in this comp. Very good 2nd half from both sides. Wallsends LB by far the best player on the pitch
    I saw , some bloke with a blue and yellow jacket put a number on his cavoodle and sneak in. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    I saw , some bloke with a blue and yellow jacket put a number on his cavoodle and sneak in. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    You must be mistaken because I wasn’t wearing blue or yellow?

Agree FR, this decision smells, not to mention 6 clubs next door to each other all after the same players from a rapidly dwindling talent pool,if they think NL juniors are staying the course from U/6 to NPL, thy aren't up to speed with what happens around here.

I heard on Saturday that NCC has plans to move Alder Park closer to the service station street end and build a grandstand on the northern end.
    Interesting to see how this will impact cricket and little athletics that also use the ground.
    Not sure how reliable the source that stated this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Agree FR, this decision smells, not to mention 6 clubs next door to each other all after the same players from a rapidly dwindling talent pool,if they think NL juniors are staying the course from U/6 to NPL, thy aren't up to speed with what happens around here.
    SERIOUSLY! not sure what drugs your on!

what teams should be promoted?
    Toronto,Singleton,Cessnock,Thornton,West Wallsend and Wallsend can't fields teams consistently, and have struggled over the last few years.

To be considered and promoted, you also need to win, and win consistently- besides New Lambton and Belswans, also the last few years Cooks Hill.

So unless there is imaginary suburbs we don't know about, can you please share.

In NPL, Weston struggles to get people to travel, Buds, Lakes and Valo struggle to get players?
    Maitland have improved only just in last few years due to success.

So Sthy, Kahibah, Toronto, West Wallsend, Wallsend, Cessnock, Thornton have not won anything in the last 5+ years.
    So why shouldn't New Lambton be promoted, regardless where there positioned, what there facility is etc.
    they have been in NL1, for 5 years, and looking at 3 in the row minor premierships.
    maybe Adamstown should be relegated, zero wins all year
    Last edited by W8 WATCHER; 02-08-2022 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    I heard on Saturday that NCC has plans to move Alder Park closer to the service station street end and build a grandstand on the northern end.
    Interesting to see how this will impact cricket and little athletics that also use the ground.
    Not sure how reliable the source that stated this is.
    Your unreliable source is definitely unreliable in this instance. All the upgrades that are happening around the park have been done in consultation with ANLAC and other users of the park, and seating will only be in the sides, with the main undercover seating being on the Alder Park Sports Club side.