Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post
    Your unreliable source is definitely unreliable in this instance. All the upgrades that are happening around the park have been done in consultation with ANLAC and other users of the park, and seating will only be in the sides, with the main undercover seating being on the Alder Park Sports Club side.
    Thanks for the information update.
    Will look forward to seeing the finished product

Good article in the Newcastle Herald today quoting 4 NL1 clubs basically saying they have had enough of NNSW Football taking the money and treating them poorly. They say that NNSW has no plan for NL1 and they consider ZPL might be their best option.

Let's hear the spin form Northern over this one.

Let's hope the other NL1 clubs join with them to present a united case to NNSW Football.

For those on here with an affiliation with the NL1 clubs not mentioned, get onto your club and push them to join with Belswans, Kahibah, Toronto and Cessnock.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Good article in the Newcastle Herald today quoting 4 NL1 clubs basically saying they have had enough of NNSW Football taking the money and treating them poorly. They say that NNSW has no plan for NL1 and they consider ZPL might be their best option.

Let's hear the spin form Northern over this one.

Let's hope the other NL1 clubs join with them to present a united case to NNSW Football.

For those on here with an affiliation with the NL1 clubs not mentioned, get onto your club and push them to join with Belswans, Kahibah, Toronto and Cessnock.
    I can’t see Singo, Thornton, Southy, Wallsend, westy thinking any different. NNSW now have their “ elite “ 12, bugger the rest, but we still want your exorbitant fees to win a trophy. The NL decision with limited consultation, the NL1 GF to be played at a NPL clubs ground to help them with revenue and the even stupider decision to play all / most other GF at the worst spectator and parking facility in the area I think is the last straw.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    I can’t see Singo, Thornton, Southy, Wallsend, westy thinking any different. NNSW now have their “ elite “ 12, bugger the rest, but we still want your exorbitant fees to win a trophy. The NL decision with limited consultation, the NL1 GF to be played at a NPL clubs ground to help them with revenue and the even stupider decision to play all / most other GF at the worst spectator and parking facility in the area I think is the last straw.
    GF’s are at speers so northern can put money into their back pockets from canteen revenue, I’m sure they have a KPI they have to send to governing bodies which shows how often ‘community’ clubs use facilities for free.. if numbers are high they get more funding and grants thus GF being there.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Not sure why teams think they should be consulted for NL's promotion! Consultation around the competition format- yes that's it.
    so what your saying is, its up to NL1 teams to give permission for them to be promoted? seriously.

as for throwing stones in glass houses, is Toronto in a position to negotiate, when they fail to comply by the rules, and not field teams.

Here's a thought, maybe all the piss taking from some NL1 teams over the last few years, is the reason why NNSWF is piss taking now as well?

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Not sure why teams think they should be consulted for NL's promotion! Consultation around the competition format- yes that's it.
    so what your saying is, its up to NL1 teams to give permission for them to be promoted? seriously.

as for throwing stones in glass houses, is Toronto in a position to negotiate, when they fail to comply by the rules, and not field teams.

Here's a thought, maybe all the piss taking from some NL1 teams over the last few years, is the reason why NNSWF is piss taking now as well?
    I can't disagree. As I have mentioned before. The last 2 Clubs "promoted" to NL1 were the first 2 to get out and I don't believe it was ever a secret that they both wanted to go up. Is that luck? Coincidence? Devious consultation with Northern or just good management? Hand on heart, probably the latter. Remains to be seen if NL do it better than Cooks Hill in Year 1. They were both dominant on the park in NL1 in all ages, it seems they were also better off the park. To be honest, aside from Belswans on the park and unsure of their back office or financial position, all of the other Clubs are seriously miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    To be honest, aside from Belswans on the park and unsure of their back office or financial position, all of the other Clubs are seriously miles away.
    On what basis do you make that comment?
    Some of the NL1 clubs have facilities that are worse, as good as or better than those in the NPL and those that New Lambton have.
    Some of the NL1 clubs will be in a financial position worse, as good as or better than those in the NPL and New Lambton
    Some of the NL1 clubs will have met the governance standards that are applied and some won't. Those that do are equal to those on the NPL.

It seems you are basing your assessment of who is worthy of being in the NPL on results only. Results can be achieved if you throw cash at it. The haves and have nots prove that every week in the NPL. Maybe the other NL1 clubs dont want to throw bucket loads of money at players when there is no guarantee that doing so will get them into NPL.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

On what basis do you make that comment?
    Some of the NL1 clubs have facilities that are worse, as good as or better than those in the NPL and those that New Lambton have.
    Some of the NL1 clubs will be in a financial position worse, as good as or better than those in the NPL and New Lambton
    Some of the NL1 clubs will have met the governance standards that are applied and some won't. Those that do are equal to those on the NPL.

It seems you are basing your assessment of who is worthy of being in the NPL on results only. Results can be achieved if you throw cash at it. The haves and have nots prove that every week in the NPL. Maybe the other NL1 clubs dont want to throw bucket loads of money at players when there is no guarantee that doing so will get them into NPL.
    sounds like a scommo comment

who has splashed the cash to win.
    i know Cooks Hill last year threw plenty, and finished 2nd and still got promoted.
    so on that bases, you can finish anywhere and still get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by matjpacker View Post
    Your unreliable source is definitely unreliable in this instance. All the upgrades that are happening around the park have been done in consultation with ANLAC and other users of the park, and seating will only be in the sides, with the main undercover seating being on the Alder Park Sports Club side.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but are the upgrades to Alder Park including the ground itself or just the outsides?

sounds like a scommo comment

who has splashed the cash to win.
    i know Cooks Hill last year threw plenty, and finished 2nd and still got promoted.
    so on that bases, you can finish anywhere and still get promoted.
    Here we go again.....not reading and just looking for an argument...

Cooks Hill spent and New Lambton spend.

As to the rest....yes, you agree with me, although I guarantee that wasn't your intent. BBScone says the only way to get promoted is to win. I say its not. You agree with me. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but are the upgrades to Alder Park including the ground itself or just the outsides?
    The main part of the playing surface was redone last summer, that south eastern corner is a lot slower than it used to be now.

Next season we’ve planned to oversew with rye grass, so that should hold up better and longer wear and tear wise.

Here we go again.....not reading and just looking for an argument...

Cooks Hill spent and New Lambton spend.

As to the rest....yes, you agree with me, although I guarantee that wasn't your intent. BBScone says the only way to get promoted is to win. I say its not. You agree with me. Well done
    Talk about not reading....winning is important of course, any traditionalist will tell you it's important to win the below division if expecting to go up. Off the park my question is why some clubs who have been around for a long time, resplendant with fully fenced grounds and grandstands, have not done the same as two clubs who were the last to the dance and one of them had to build sufficient infrastructure to qualify. Not ready? Probably.

Remains to be seen if NL do it better than Cooks Hill in Year 1. They were both dominant on the park in NL1 in all ages, it seems they were also better off the park. To be honest, aside from Belswans on the park and unsure of their back office or financial position, all of the other Clubs are seriously miles away.
    NL will be more competitive than CH in Youth but that's not much to beat. Only have to put a team in 16s and they are miles ahead.

Not saying theyll be top 4 but competitive in most grades

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    NL will be more competitive than CH in Youth but that's not much to beat. Only have to put a team in 16s and they are miles ahead.

Not saying theyll be top 4 but competitive in most grades
    Assuming kids that don’t want to play NPL hang around to play NPL

The clubs aren't stating they should be consulted on who is promoted or not.
    They want to be consulted on what the competition will look like with only 9 teams and what is the future requirements for promotion.

NNSW had a criteria years ago that clubs were relegated from NPL for not meeting, now we have clubs being promoted who don't meet that criteria but will in the coming years.

NNSW should get rid of the criteria and base promotion and relegation on football performance/ability across the club championship table.
    That will force clubs to develop their youth and not relying on 1st grade to stay up of get promoted.
    Last edited by travellingman; 05-08-2022 at 06:56 AM. Reason: poor grammar

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    The clubs aren't stating they should be consulted on who is promoted or not.
    They want to be consulted on what the competition will look like with only 9 teams and what is the future requirements for promotion.

NNSW had a criteria years ago that clubs were relegated from NPL for not meeting, now we have clubs being promoted who don't meet that criteria but will in the coming years.

NNSW should get rid of the criteria and base promotion and relegation on football performance/ability across the club championship table.
    That will force clubs to develop their youth and not relying on 1st grade to stay up of get promoted.
    So the two Clubs that have gone up have been the best two Clubs overall for the last five years, yes? ON and OFF the park? The Club Championship probably agrees. The clear message is that just because you lease a facility with a fence and a ramshackle old grandstand, doesn't make you a Premier Club. Those in NPL who have been Fat Dumb and Lazy for too long should finally wake up because CH and NL won't go up comfortable to finish 11 and 12. Those FDL clubs in NL1 bemoaning how poorly they have been treated should ask themselves what can we do to be better. The minute Toronto and Singleton and now Wallsend were allowed to play without filling Youth teams the entire comp was a basket case and both CH and NL were the only ones smart enough and strong enough to climb out of it. I stand by the fact that the two new teams in NL1 were the first to get out after they both dominated it. That's all Northern need to reply with when the rest demand answers.

So the two Clubs that have gone up have been the best two Clubs overall for the last five years, yes? ON and OFF the park? The Club Championship probably agrees. The clear message is that just because you lease a facility with a fence and a ramshackle old grandstand, doesn't make you a Premier Club. Those in NPL who have been Fat Dumb and Lazy for too long should finally wake up because CH and NL won't go up comfortable to finish 11 and 12. Those FDL clubs in NL1 bemoaning how poorly they have been treated should ask themselves what can we do to be better. The minute Toronto and Singleton and now Wallsend were allowed to play without filling Youth teams the entire comp was a basket case and both CH and NL were the only ones smart enough and strong enough to climb out of it. I stand by the fact that the two new teams in NL1 were the first to get out after they both dominated it. That's all Northern need to reply with when the rest demand answers.
    100% agree BBS

not sure what they are blowing up about.
    all competitions around the world get promoted and relegated based on performance.
    i yet have seen anywhere , that grounds, and fencing was the key performance indicator for promotion.

**** on a side note so does that mean the Jets should get relegated, based on there shiiite performances over and over again, News Flash- there is better financially run NPL clubs nationally, that also have there own grounds.

everyone on the forum, has been commenting on 2 x 8 team comps, so NL1 has 9 we are nearly there, what's the problem? or just communicate to all ZPL teams, here's your chance if you want to push for promotion in future, to step up, and increase the teams in NL1 for 2023.
    if they don't, they can stay there forever.
    Last edited by W8 WATCHER; 05-08-2022 at 09:47 AM.

not here for an argument with anyone,

just my opinion on football in Newcastle, like it, hate it or don't agree with it- dont care really

to say winning isn't the key factor for promotion, is a laugh, you supporting the jets, would explain on your stance of continually losing to be acceptable.
    again yes you agree with me, i guarantee it is your intent.

No-one I have spoken to is begrudging NL going up, its actually brilliant that they have as it was when Cooks Hill got promoted. If a club dominates in a 2nd Division competition they deserve to be promoted that's how all the best leagues in the world work. If clubs like Cooks Hill and New Lambton can't get promoted with all their on field success and strong back of house and hard work over many years then there would be absolutely no hope for any of the remaining NL1 clubs to be promoted. I believe it was 3 years ago NNSW come up with a plan to get to 12 teams which they now have reached. There are clubs such as the one I am at and there are others that are progressing in the back ground to tick all the boxes as Cooks Hill and New Lambton have. At some clubs for varying reason it takes a lot longer to get things done to their grounds etc to meet the requirements of NPL as CH and NL have done.

So now we and some other clubs are now asking what's the next plan, surely in the past 3 years you have worked out a plan of what will happen when you reach 12 teams. Is there any further opportunities to be promoted? Are the teams that are perennially non-competitive in NPL ever going to be relegated? Do clubs such as ours keeping working towards reaching all the standards required of an NPL club continue with their plans and if so how long for?

The only information we as NL1 clubs know is what we read in NNSW press release that said we will be a 9 team comp next year. 9 teams just doesn't work, 18 rounds with 2 byes or 27 rounds with 3 byes if you want to have a fair competition . One is not enough games for a premier competition in my opinion and the other just makes the season way too long.

I have been trying to get time with Peter Haynes for a long time and the bloke just brushes you, if your not an NPL club he doesn't give you the time of day. So how do we plan for next season? Are we really going to tell all our senior players that fees are going to be the same next year but you are only playing 16 games and it doesn't matter if we dominate the comp or don't win a game nothing will change.

Some may class this as whinging, but I see them as reasonable questions and expectations from someone who has been in and around this competition for many years and also have a passion for Newcastle Football to be the best it can be. I like many believe NNSW are killing Senior Football in Newcastle by not having promotion and relegation which is contributing to the ridiculous amounts of money being paid to players. They are doing some good work in the youth area with the introduction of JDL and hopefully de-coupling but its all a waste of time if you don't have a competitive senior league where teams not competing can't get relegated and if you don't pay 'overs' for players you can't compete and i'm hearing NPLW is going along the same lines.
    Last edited by matmoncrieff; 05-08-2022 at 10:11 AM.

You’ve only got to look at what they’ve done with the grand finals to realise northern are way out of touch with masses