Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

Is there a mandatory need or requirement for NL1. Put the top 14 in NPL (similar to Vic./Qld) and everyone else play divisional Zone League and fit their place in the pecking order. When some clubs are struggling, as does happen sometimes, the stronger clubs from current ZPL could step up. Just some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    The NPL page mentioned Singo, but surely not. I haven't heard anything and assumed there would be 10 teams in this comp next year. With the youth being decoupled (also from the NPL page) that might make it easier for some clubs to focus on seniors only, but I'm not sure what Northerns regulations for NL1 will be.
    With no promotion and relegation and no thought of it happening in the near future hearing several clubs are reconsidering their position in NL1 in particular the time and effort with youth football for no real benefit when there are close by junior clubs in existence (most with same name). Cost is far less to join Zone League and there’s more prize money. A lot of these clubs have a connection to their Zone and not necessarily with Northern and less restrictive criteria and match day requirements. Hearing Singleton, Thornton, Cessnock, Wallsend are amongst those considering their options.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Not saying cooks hill are a bad choice, they’ve been working hard for a number of years.

But when did this all come about?
    Was there an application process?
    Why were they chosen? Were other clubs considered/aware of the pending promotion of a team?
    Cookers were knocked back for 2020 but given a clear list of things to address and guidance on where the application fell short. Committee has worked hard to address everything NNSWF pointed out and put together a sizable application and here we are for 2022. As to why Cookers basically the club met the NNWSF criteria and have been performing on the park. All rumours but have been told that another NL1 club in a similar situation to Cookers (performing on the field and close enough on the club side to be eligible after some changes) has/had taken the opinion that if NNSWF wants them in NPL them they should just move them up rather than that club having to go through the whole rigmarole of the application process.

Beyond that I think NNSWF make it reasonably clear what their expectations are of NPL-grade clubs and if a club wants to be in NPL they need to be proactive, can't just sit back and wait to be invited up. Totally understand why a club wouldn't want to put themselves through it but the more clubs that are proactive about getting themselves to the next level then the more likely promotion/relegation will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Apparently singleton are rumoured to be dropping out, no idea who the second team is. My question is why are they dropping out of the rumour is true?
    Singleton and Toronto

If they can't fill all teams Northern is kicking them out

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Singleton and Toronto

If they can't fill all teams Northern is kicking them out
    That’s just not true, both clubs have been given the ok to play next season from Northern. Singo don’t want to be apart of it due to no jnrs

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    With the youth being decoupled (also from the NPL page) that might make it easier for some clubs to focus on seniors only
    Yeah this isn't happening any time soon

Was just sent a screenshot from Belswans FB about the club and André Gumprecht parting ways due to the current circumstances.

Andre brought colour to the comp during his brief time at Belswans and 6 years at Kahibah.
    I'll miss our little chats in German....'Jenamann'
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Was just sent a screenshot from Belswans FB about the club and André Gumprecht parting ways due to the current circumstances.

Andre brought colour to the comp during his brief time at Belswans and 6 years at Kahibah.
    The reasoning doesn't make sense considering we are now in lockdown as well

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Bit of a cop out?

Rufo back to Swans and Andre to lakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Giroudawakening View Post
    Bit of a cop out?

Rufo back to Swans and Andre to lakes?
    Belswans seem to have dropped the ball, they were heading up for a while,potentially the next in line for promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Belswans seem to have dropped the ball, they were heading up for a while,potentially the next in line for promotion?
    Bring back Stafford

Michael Gatti to take over Wallsend for next season see if he goes better than than the poor results at Cessnock.

Anyone know anything about who will take over at Cessnock? I know earlier in the thread it was Darrell McAlister but that won't make Cessnock perform any better

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Michael Gatti to take over Wallsend for next season see if he goes better than than the poor results at Cessnock.

Anyone know anything about who will take over at Cessnock? I know earlier in the thread it was Darrell McAlister but that won't make Cessnock perform any better
    Craig being moved on? Backwards step IMO, wonder if theyll play the high line at Wallsend also now?

D Mac still getting around?

Craig being moved on? Backwards step IMO, wonder if theyll play the high line at Wallsend also now?

D Mac still getting around?
    Facebook says they doing it together

If Craig is still TD it's probably a good thing, lot of work being TD let alone then also having to coach 1st grade

Is there any coaching allowed at all at the moment? Just coming back from Bunnings past Alder Park and there was someone set up at the end behind the northern goals with poles, cones and lots of balls.

only 1 on 1 training apparently. even that might be stretching the 2 person training rule unless they are part of the same family.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Is there any coaching allowed at all at the moment? Just coming back from Bunnings past Alder Park and there was someone set up at the end behind the northern goals with poles, cones and lots of balls.
    If it is who I think it is. It's a dad with 3 sons and adult daughter that play NPL, WPL and SAP and he has bownets, cones and tonne of balls. Trains there all the time.

Anyone know of any new signings anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Yesk21 View Post
    Anyone know of any new signings anywhere
    NPL signed Cook's Hill