Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

Massive game Wednesday night
    Singleton v West Wallsend
    Winner gets the last semi final spot.
    Well done to stags, finishing in top five in firsts and reserves. Great effort.
    Too bad Toronto Awaba don’t get recognition by keyboard warriors, only when there are negatives.
    Home semi final would be very handy.
    Go the stags

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Massive game Wednesday night
    Singleton v West Wallsend
    Winner gets the last semi final spot.
    Well done to stags, finishing in top five in firsts and reserves. Great effort.
    Too bad Toronto Awaba don’t get recognition by keyboard warriors, only when there are negatives.
    Home semi final would be very handy.
    Go the stags
    Great achievement by the Stags in their centenary year. Fingers crossed it continues in the years to come for this proud old club.

How come the mighty 18s didn't make finals? A lot of talk and bluster about how they were the team to watch and going to finish strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    How come the mighty 18s didn't make finals? A lot of talk and bluster about how they were the team to watch and going to finish strong.
    Case in point ^^

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Great achievement by the Stags in their centenary year. Fingers crossed it continues in the years to come for this proud old club.
    Shouldn’t be allowed in the comp when they can’t meet the criteria

Quote Originally Posted by GashArmy View Post
    Shouldn’t be allowed in the comp when they can’t meet the criteria
    And another 🤣

And another 🤣
    Telling the truth isn’t being a keyboard warrior

Case in point ^^
    I wouldn't have mentioned anything if people won't on here earlier in the season talking the 18s up and how great they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I wouldn't have mentioned anything if people won't on here earlier in the season talking the 18s up and how great they were.
    As good as the super coach that coaches them! Just ask him

As good as the super coach that coaches them! Just ask him
    The Coach had nothing to do with the downfall.

Anyone who coaches or plays in the U/18’s comp knows what happened to them.

They had 9/10 players on 5 occasions due to influenza, covid and injuries. Take those results out and it’s a much better side. They gave 6 points to westy due to lack of players, Kahibah a 6-2 win because of it. Lack of numbers against Belswans both times. Magically when they got players back they went toe to toe with New Lambton who walked the comp, also beat Kahibah who should have played finals, beat Thornton who are in finals football.

Blame the coach all you guys want but Gibbo had nothing to do with the results when he had no men. Also reserves taking players throughout the year and starting 18’s players (who made finals mind you). But I guess it’s all Gibbo’s fault aye? Go have a chat or reach out to him if you feel the need to come and talk shit about him on here. I’ll take what comes to me due to I thought they were gonna be so much better and get better results but numbers game hurt them this year and that stuff happens. Hopefully they bounce back next year

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

They had 9/10 players on 5 occasions due to influenza, covid and injuries. Take those results out and it’s a much better side. They gave 6 points to westy due to lack of players, Kahibah a 6-2 win because of it. Lack of numbers against Belswans both times. Magically when they got players back they went toe to toe with New Lambton who walked the comp, also beat Kahibah who should have played finals, beat Thornton who are in finals football.

Blame the coach all you guys want but Gibbo had nothing to do with the results when he had no men. Also reserves taking players throughout the year and starting 18’s players (who made finals mind you). But I guess it’s all Gibbo’s fault aye? Go have a chat or reach out to him if you feel the need to come and talk shit about him on here. I’ll take what comes to me due to I thought they were gonna be so much better and get better results but numbers game hurt them this year and that stuff happens. Hopefully they bounce back next year
    Guess that’s the issue when you don’t meet the criteria of the completion and don’t have youth teams to help you out.

Guess that’s the issue when you don’t meet the criteria of the completion and don’t have youth teams to help you out.
    They know that but if anyone on the outside was to look in to see what the club is doing to try and get the youth and to fill the teams you’d be shocked on how they haven’t been filled. That’s been the priority for the last couple of years and they have upped the efforts even more to get them next year. Fingers crossed the committee and the club can get the job done.

every other club in the 18s comp have 16s train and play regularly with them. The fact there is no available players when a handful are sick just cycles round to the last Toronto post - it's not a successful year for the club if you didnt fulfill the youth requirements.

Every club has player availability issues, especially in 18s and reserves. You talked a big game and it backfired. From now on, my advice would be to simply not talk smack if you don't meet the minimum requirement of the competition (or talk in the third person)

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    every other club in the 18s comp have 16s train and play regularly with them. The fact there is no available players when a handful are sick just cycles round to the last Toronto post - it's not a successful year for the club if you didnt fulfill the youth requirements.

Every club has player availability issues, especially in 18s and reserves. You talked a big game and it backfired. From now on, my advice would be to simply not talk smack if you don't meet the minimum requirement of the competition (or talk in the third person)
    So your name is??? You seem very interested in the club for someone who was involved in the U/18’s LAST YEAR…

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post

And my advice for you is to check your facts before you pipe up… Wallsend and Singleton don’t have U/16’s. But yep again Toronto’s the failure because you are salty the first grade and ressies made semis

So your name is??? You seem very interested in the club for someone who was involved in the U/18’s LAST YEAR…

Some of us care about local football and especially youth development and don't like it when clubs beat their chest over their achievements whilst their ineptitude actively works against the betterment of the sport in the region.

The fact you ignored all of the points made and just resorted to 'whats ya name'...one day the stags may look introspectively as to whats going on I hope.

And my advice for you is to check your facts before you pipe up… Wallsend and Singleton don’t have U/16’s. But yep again Toronto’s the failure because you are salty the first grade and ressies made semis
    No, both of those clubs are a shambles as well and should join the stags in ZPL and just get it over with.

Toronto have definitely improved this year, but realistically they came 5th in a 10 team comp, winning only 7 games out of 18. Not something I'd be getting too carried away with. Probably should only be a top 4 final series anyway. Based on form over the last month or so, I can see Singo dominating the game on the weekend.

Predictions
    Belswans vs Kahibah (3-2 aet)
    Singleton vs Toronto (4-1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Toronto have definitely improved this year, but realistically they came 5th in a 10 team comp, winning only 7 games out of 18. Not something I'd be getting too carried away with. Probably should only be a top 4 final series anyway. Based on form over the last month or so, I can see Singo dominating the game on the weekend.

Predictions
    Belswans vs Kahibah (3-2 aet)
    Singleton vs Toronto (4-1)
    Singo won 1 more game than them and Kahibah won 2 while Singo lost more times than Toronto in the season. 10 year final drought broken is an achievement whether you like it or not. If they go on to win the Grand Final everyone will whinge that they shouldn’t be eligible

Singo won 1 more game than them and Kahibah won 2 while Singo lost more times than Toronto in the season. 10 year final drought broken is an achievement whether you like it or not. If they go on to win the Grand Final everyone will whinge that they shouldn’t be eligible
    Fair enough perspective. If they get anywhere near the GF it will be a much bigger achievement than coming 5th. I suggest worrying about Singo and not even thinking about a GF given it is 3 weeks and 3 wins away for the stags.