Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

NL1 Report Card
    New Lambton A
    Prob Club Championship. Promotion deserved.
    Belswans B+
    3 Seniors teams in GF and finals in all Youth. The dominant Club if they elect to stay.
    Kahibah B
    Senior success in 1st and Res, Youth always competitive.
    Toronto F
    Didn't field all teams. Building a competitive 1st grade is not a ticket to sustainability. Hopefully this famous Club steps up.
    Singleton F
    Didn't field all teams.
    ZPL a realistic better home based on their lack of intent to build Youth teams. Usually using the excuse of location which is probably fair.
    Westy
    C-. Always promise much but poor overall. 18s an exception so maybe a base to build on? Huge demographic. They should be a powerhouse in a few years.
    Thornton C-
    Promised much more. Injuries didn't help. Youth teams have a go at least. Coach leaving to go to NPL Res?
    South Cardiff D
    They always promote Youth and now they have a young Coach who will continue. With some smart recruitment they might just challenge Belswans in 2023.
    Cessnock D-
    Unsure where they go from here
    Wallsend F
    Didn't field all teams.
    Famous club, some positive results in 1st grade at the end, and Ressies made finals. Maybe get any NL players who miss the NPL boat, move back to Wallsend Park and start again.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    NL1 Report Card
    You missed the competition itself, or the admins of it, what mark would you give them?

NL1 Report Card
    New Lambton A
    Prob Club Championship. Promotion deserved.
    Belswans B+
    3 Seniors teams in GF and finals in all Youth. The dominant Club if they elect to stay.
    Kahibah B
    Senior success in 1st and Res, Youth always competitive.
    Toronto F
    Didn't field all teams. Building a competitive 1st grade is not a ticket to sustainability. Hopefully this famous Club steps up.
    Singleton F
    Didn't field all teams.
    ZPL a realistic better home based on their lack of intent to build Youth teams. Usually using the excuse of location which is probably fair.
    Westy
    C-. Always promise much but poor overall. 18s an exception so maybe a base to build on? Huge demographic. They should be a powerhouse in a few years.
    Thornton C-
    Promised much more. Injuries didn't help. Youth teams have a go at least. Coach leaving to go to NPL Res?
    South Cardiff D
    They always promote Youth and now they have a young Coach who will continue. With some smart recruitment they might just challenge Belswans in 2023.
    Cessnock D-
    Unsure where they go from here
    Wallsend F
    Didn't field all teams.
    Famous club, some positive results in 1st grade at the end, and Ressies made finals. Maybe get any NL players who miss the NPL boat, move back to Wallsend Park and start again.

You sir are a ****ing idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    You sir are a ****ing idiot.
    Ooh, you are upset at Toronto getting an F
    I thought it was a fair comment, decoupling the youth may help the clubs cause.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Not sure what else a Premier Club should get when they don't meet criteria. Maybe it will be different next year? Unlikely.

Not sure what else a Premier Club should get when they don't meet criteria. Maybe it will be different next year? Unlikely.
    Kahibah and New Lambton don’t meet the ground criteria this year but you don’t mention that do you?

Kahibah having to shorten their pitch and New Lambton forcing spectators to watch from a bowling green… But continue with the A’s lads and just point out the small clubs faults. But keep sucking the big clubs off like there’s no tomorrow.

You’re that far up New Lambtons ass it’s not funny probably gave their WPL an A even though their F/A was more than -200.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    He gave Belswans a B+?

Only club to have all teams in grand finals, all youth sides in finals, their 18’s were the only team to beat NL, reserve grade went undefeated, and had about 2 washouts all season.

That’s an A+ especially if they win 2/3 Grand Finals.

Gave a B to Kahibah when their ressies ran 5th and have had a lucky run to make the big dance.

With only 2 youth teams in finals… Dunno how the hell that’s a successful season. Matty will be honest and say it’s not the year they wanted falling short.

Kahibah and New Lambton don’t meet the ground criteria this year but you don’t mention that do you?

Kahibah having to shorten their pitch and New Lambton forcing spectators to watch from a bowling green… But continue with the A’s lads and just point out the small clubs faults. But keep sucking the big clubs off like there’s no tomorrow.

You’re that far up New Lambton s ass it’s not funny probably gave their WPL an A even though their F/A was more than -200.
    back on day release.

seems like a serious nerve hit with UT.
    i give Toronto a A+ for creativity, there oldboys piss up theme, from 1890's to 2021 was outstanding

Back to fields, is Kahibah ground even compliant? it looks like a JDL sized field, for adults?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Hypothetically …. What GF would create the most interest

NL V Kahibah
    NL V Belswans
    NL V Toronto Awaba
    Kahibah v Belswans
    Kahibah v Toronto Awaba

I like number 5 ��
    i like #2
    by far the best 2 teams in comp, should be a good game to watch

He gave Belswans a B+?

Only club to have all teams in grand finals, all youth sides in finals, their 18’s were the only team to beat NL, reserve grade went undefeated, and had about 2 washouts all season.

That’s an A+ especially if they win 2/3 Grand Finals.

Gave a B to Kahibah when their ressies ran 5th and have had a lucky run to make the big dance.

With only 2 youth teams in finals… Dunno how the hell that’s a successful season. Matty will be honest and say it’s not the year they wanted falling short.
    give us your rankings UT

Banned
    These twats worrying about grounds when some clubs are too fkd up to put teams into comps causing every other player to miss out.
    Stags are a disgrace, back to ZL3 for you amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    These twats worrying about grounds when some clubs are too fkd up to put teams into comps causing every other player to miss out.
    Stags are a disgrace, back to ZL3 for you amateurs.
    they can't see it that way. They don't realise that if they listened to the criticisms and acted on them, they would have a better club as a result - which would make this dying competition a more legit one.

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    give us your rankings UT
    LetÂ’s have a look at overall criteria for rankings

Toronto D+ Good to see the ressies and First grade make finals. 18Â’s was a failure, one youth team as mentioned (yes the club knows itÂ’s poor and are doing everything to fix it) grounds are good enough for the league.

New Lambton
    A- Facilities are the 2nd worst in the comp. ressies was a failure for their standards not making the grand final and finishing 2nd only due to F/A.

Belswans A+ Best ground in the comp, undefeated in ressies, all snr teams in Grand Final, all youth teams in finals.
    As mentioned before if they win 2 out of the 3 grand finals that will be a very successful year for Staffs final year.

Thornton D+ Missed out on finals for firsts and ressies, 18Â’s did a good job holding up that ship. Only 1 youth team can make finals. The ground is for Cricket not Football.

Wallsend F One team across the board making finals, couldnÂ’t field all youth teams, ground is terrible bringing it in on the far sides and you might as well have candles for their lights.

Singo D- The grounds a cow paddock with shit lights and containers as sheds and toilets. Only thing stopping them from getting an F is having 2 snr teams make finals.

Cessnock F great ground, but the on field performances shine through that. No teams in Finals, 18Â’s were winless only competitive team Is the 15Â’s. They might field all teams but is there a point when they canÂ’t do anything?

Southy D Youth is the only thing stopping it from being an F

Kahibah C+ First grade and ressies good, Ground is a JDL ground, 2/4 teams in finals. Moncrieff is a harsh critic heÂ’ll have them back to the top in every grade.

Westy C- he got this correct
    Great ground shit drainage
    Youth 2/4 teams in finals
    Ressies were a ZL3 side
    First grade no finals and 18Â’s holding up the snrs.

He gave Belswans a B+?

Only club to have all teams in grand finals, all youth sides in finals, their 18Â’s were the only team to beat NL, reserve grade went undefeated, and had about 2 washouts all season.

ThatÂ’s an A+ especially if they win 2/3 Grand Finals.

With only 2 youth teams in finalsÂ… Dunno how the hell thatÂ’s a successful season. Matty will be honest and say itÂ’s not the year they wanted falling short.
    No-one wants to miss out on a Grand Final i'll give you that but after the season we had last year I wouldn't say we have fallen short anywhere. 3 of our 4 youth teams should be in finals, reserves got beat 9-0 in their 1st game of the season and are now in the Grand Final, our reserve grade side in the main is a glorified U19/20 side made up mainly of young men that have played youth grades at the club they took awhile to get going but the definetly have improved out of site since the 1st game disaster. . Like the majority it has been a very crappy very long season across the board and we have struggled in many areas just as I am sure other clubs have. Serious injuries, holidays, no grounds to train on, endless midweek games it has just been a nightmare season. I had high hopes for our 18's who fell 1 place short of the finals other than that it has been a reasonable season for the club 5 of the 7 teams should make finals and one is already in a GF. The 15's have been short players the whole season but have tried there guts out all year, I haven't even heard a whinge out of them and they have had some very tough days.

The big thing across the club is that I can say all our teams are playing their best football at the end of the season and we have seen significant improvement. We lose quality kids every season to NPL and we will again this year its just the environment we are in. So is positions on the table the most important when determining whether a club 'has fallen short'. I'm not sure about that. With the cards we were dealt this season, I am pretty dam proud of how all our teams have carried themselves and performed. Definitely have a few areas to improve on and with De-coupling coming in some of our philosophy's have to change to remain competitive across the board. We have many good people at the club and have already added some new good people for next season that on top of our new facility becoming available sometime next season its all looking positive. When NNSW finally makes up their mind as to when the next club will get the opportunity to be promoted into NPL then we will put a plan in place to be ready, but having said that I am not a fan of 'paper promotion' and I'm absolutely not a fan of being in that top division with no relegation so we will just have to bide our time and see what is on the table from NNSW mid next season. Unfortunately, it is my belief we will have to be patient and see a few seasons of relegation before another team gets promoted to NPL but that's just my opinion. Our club still has the desire and energy to become an NPL club but we have had to be patient to when we obtained a facility that would meet the criteria after getting knocked back so many times. That is all a proper reality now.

We also had our HUB (U5,6,7) football teams grow from 12 teams to 20 teams and play 20 games this season, and our community teams made 7 Grand Finals and I think won 5 of them.

So if you want me to be honest it has been a remarkable year on and definitely off the park for the club and we haven't fallen short. B is a fair mark. And explain Ressies lucky run to the GF they have been dominant all 3 games and i don't think have conceded a goal, they have earned their spot in the GF.

Quote Originally Posted by matmoncrieff View Post
    No-one wants to miss out on a Grand Final i'll give you that but after the season we had last year I wouldn't say we have fallen short anywhere. 3 of our 4 youth teams should be in finals, reserves got beat 9-0 in their 1st game of the season and are now in the Grand Final, our reserve grade side in the main is a glorified U19/20 side made up mainly of young men that have played youth grades at the club they took awhile to get going but the definetly have improved out of site since the 1st game disaster. . Like the majority it has been a very crappy very long season across the board and we have struggled in many areas just as I am sure other clubs have. Serious injuries, holidays, no grounds to train on, endless midweek games it has just been a nightmare season. I had high hopes for our 18's who fell 1 place short of the finals other than that it has been a reasonable season for the club 5 of the 7 teams should make finals and one is already in a GF. The 15's have been short players the whole season but have tried there guts out all year, I haven't even heard a whinge out of them and they have had some very tough days.

The big thing across the club is that I can say all our teams are playing their best football at the end of the season and we have seen significant improvement. We lose quality kids every season to NPL and we will again this year its just the environment we are in. So is positions on the table the most important when determining whether a club 'has fallen short'. I'm not sure about that. With the cards we were dealt this season, I am pretty dam proud of how all our teams have carried themselves and performed. Definitely have a few areas to improve on and with De-coupling coming in some of our philosophy's have to change to remain competitive across the board. We have many good people at the club and have already added some new good people for next season that on top of our new facility becoming available sometime next season its all looking positive. When NNSW finally makes up their mind as to when the next club will get the opportunity to be promoted into NPL then we will put a plan in place to be ready, but having said that I am not a fan of 'paper promotion' and I'm absolutely not a fan of being in that top division with no relegation so we will just have to bide our time and see what is on the table from NNSW mid next season. Unfortunately, it is my belief we will have to be patient and see a few seasons of relegation before another team gets promoted to NPL but that's just my opinion. Our club still has the desire and energy to become an NPL club but we have had to be patient to when we obtained a facility that would meet the criteria after getting knocked back so many times. That is all a proper reality now.

We also had our HUB (U5,6,7) football teams grow from 12 teams to 20 teams and play 20 games this season, and our community teams made 7 Grand Finals and I think won 5 of them.

So if you want me to be honest it has been a remarkable year on and definitely off the park for the club and we haven't fallen short. B is a fair mark. And explain Ressies lucky run to the GF they have been dominant all 3 games and i don't think have conceded a goal, they have earned their spot in the GF.
    Well said, half the people on here giving ratings don't have a clue.

Toronto D+ Good to see the ressies and First grade make finals. 18Â’s was a failure, one youth team as mentioned (yes the club knows itÂ’s poor and are doing everything to fix it) grounds are good enough for the league.

New Lambton
    A- Facilities are the 2nd worst in the comp. ressies was a failure for their standards not making the grand final and finishing 2nd only due to F/A.

Belswans A+ Best ground in the comp, undefeated in ressies, all snr teams in Grand Final, all youth teams in finals.
    As mentioned before if they win 2 out of the 3 grand finals that will be a very successful year for Staffs final year.

Thornton D+ Missed out on finals for firsts and ressies, 18Â’s did a good job holding up that ship. Only 1 youth team can make finals. The ground is for Cricket not Football.

Wallsend F One team across the board making finals, couldnÂ’t field all youth teams, ground is terrible bringing it in on the far sides and you might as well have candles for their lights.

Singo D- The grounds a cow paddock with shit lights and containers as sheds and toilets. Only thing stopping them from getting an F is having 2 snr teams make finals.

Cessnock F great ground, but the on field performances shine through that. No teams in Finals, 18Â’s were winless only competitive team Is the 15Â’s. They might field all teams but is there a point when they canÂ’t do anything?

Kahibah C+ First grade and ressies good, Ground is a JDL ground, 2/4 teams in finals. Moncrieff is a harsh critic heÂ’ll have them back to the top in every grade.

Ressies were a ZL3 side
    but above, you said kahibah making the gf was a lucky run and made note of their 5th position in the league, does it mean winning in the post season is all about luck and the real results is the minor premiership, like everywhere else in the world?

Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by matmoncrieff View Post

kahibah have had an excellent year and what an immense return to form for first grade. The graduation of last years 18s into ressies is the hallmark of what a club at this level should be - promoting their own youth and being sustainable in the process.

He gave Belswans a B+?

Only club to have all teams in grand finals, all youth sides in finals, their 18Â’s were the only team to beat NL, reserve grade went undefeated, and had about 2 washouts all season.

ThatÂ’s an A+ especially if they win 2/3 Grand Finals.

With only 2 youth teams in finalsÂ… Dunno how the hell thatÂ’s a successful season. Matty will be honest and say itÂ’s not the year they wanted falling short.

New Lambton

Ressies were a ZL3 side
    Wow, the ratings hit a few nerves with a few? I thought I was fair? . They were based on the regular season and for the uneducated, from what I can see, NL finished (1st to 13s) 1 2 1 2 1 1 1. That looks like a Club Championship again. I am told their Res are mostly 18s, their 18s 16s and so on down. Not a bad blueprint but they will need to improve our of sight in all ages in NPL. Early 1st team signing rumours sound interesting. Ground wise, Alder has been terrible, but I suppose they own the bowlo and when it's finished, it will be a boutique facility that fits criteria. I agree with Oldy, all of these idiots who keep spruiking grounds need to get the football sorted first. Matt M makes some excellent points, hopefully things turn for all in 23 and despite being up NLs arse, I will be supporting NL1 and think South Cardiff best placed to improve. If all Clubs manage to field all teams I hope Belswans are gentle. If Clubs cannot. ZPL awaits and that won't be guaranteed success.

Wow, the ratings hit a few nerves with a few? I thought I was fair? . They were based on the regular season and for the uneducated, from what I can see, NL finished (1st to 13s) 1 2 1 2 1 1 1. That looks like a Club Championship again. I am told their Res are mostly 18s, their 18s 16s and so on down. Not a bad blueprint but they will need to improve our of sight in all ages in NPL. Early 1st team signing rumours sound interesting. Ground wise, Alder has been terrible, but I suppose they own the bowlo and when it's finished, it will be a boutique facility that fits criteria. I agree with Oldy, all of these idiots who keep spruiking grounds need to get the football sorted first. Matt M makes some excellent points, hopefully things turn for all in 23 and despite being up NLs arse, I will be supporting NL1 and think South Cardiff best placed to improve. If all Clubs manage to field all teams I hope Belswans are gentle. If Clubs cannot. ZPL awaits and that won't be guaranteed success.
    any predictions for this weekends GF, in all 3 grades.

18's New Lambton 3-1
    Reserves Belswans 4-1
    1st's New Lambton 3-0