Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

So …… how does Alder Park hold up in the rain ?

Fixtures reversed. Pitch held up ok. Surrounds a mess but construction looks interesting and that Club makes it a good venue. 1st 5-1 NL. Toronto had nothing. Res 8-2 NL. Toronto had nothing. 18s 9-0 NL HT...game abandoned because Toronto had 9 players and 3 mysterious injuries made it 6. No 16s....The Stags didn't exactly cover themselves in glory today. Or Northern for their inept governance. Premier Comp?

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Fixtures reversed. Pitch held up ok. Surrounds a mess but construction looks interesting and that Club makes it a good venue. 1st 5-1 NL. Toronto had nothing. Res 8-2 NL. Toronto had nothing. 18s 9-0 NL HT...game abandoned because Toronto had 9 players and 3 mysterious injuries made it 6. No 16s....The Stags didn't exactly cover themselves in glory today. Or Northern for their inept governance. Premier Comp?
    Pretty disappointing for the stags.
    We all like beers and get together, however there socials are more interested in posting for past players to come and get pissed, from the 1900's to now, then advertising positions vacant in there teams.
    I do Feel bad for the 18's though , those kids would be deflated, i do believe the club -1st grade team should be docked points, for a game to be abandoned due to not fielding players, or players in younger age groups to step up.
    I understand 1st grade did nothing wrong, but if they lose points, it might make them act quick.
    If we just accept this, then this is what we get.

This has been in the making for a while and the governing body has done nothing to avoid it. Simple solution but revenue drives the decisions. Wallsend v Belswans yesterday not much better by all accounts. At least Wallsend fielded an 18s. The comp is broken 2 tiers of 8 NPL 1 and 2. Promotion and Rel. The rest head back into a ZPL. So simple.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    3 mysterious injuries?

You mean 2 players who started cramping because they played reserve grade two and a third one complained his head being sore during his first game back from concussion… All you do is talk shit on here and attack other clubs. If you don’t have anything better to do you really need to rethink your life choices.

Are we going to stand here and question the lack of respect from the New Lambton 18’s?

9-0 up and celebrating like they just won the World Cup when they are playing 9 men? Look into your own backyard before you have a go at others. Yes it’s not their fault they were playing 9 men but you should know better being the “premier club” of the competition. Great roll model their captain is going up and celebrating in an opponents face when they went up 6-0.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Pretty disappointing for the stags.
    We all like beers and get together, however there socials are more interested in posting for past players to come and get pissed, from the 1900's to now, then advertising positions vacant in there teams.
    I do Feel bad for the 18's though , those kids would be deflated, i do believe the club -1st grade team should be docked points, for a game to be abandoned due to not fielding players, or players in younger age groups to step up.
    I understand 1st grade did nothing wrong, but if they lose points, it might make them act quick.
    If we just accept this, then this is what we get.
    As for you someone who’s not involved in a club to criticise how another club is ran 💀 Maybe you should go to a club where you don’t get kicked from

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    3 mysterious injuries?

You mean 2 players who started cramping because they played reserve grade two and a third one complained his head being sore during his first game back from concussion… All you do is talk shit on here and attack other clubs. If you don’t have anything better to do you really need to rethink your life choices.

Are we going to stand here and question the lack of respect from the New Lambton 18’s?

9-0 up and celebrating like they just won the World Cup when they are playing 9 men? Look into your own backyard before you have a go at others. Yes it’s not their fault they were playing 9 men but you should know better being the “premier club” of the competition. Great roll model their captain is going up and celebrating in an opponents face when they went up 6-0.
    I don’t know about this one. I’m not involved this year but was last year in nl1 and we smacked Toronto, and also watched new Lambton smack them out at your ground as I was there to scout them. What did the Toronto players do at 5+ down? Aggravate, insult, be unnecessarily aggressive etc

Sorry but if you’re losing 5-0 and your default is to carry on like grubs (the coach last year was just as bad) it’s only normal for teenage boys to want to pile the misery on.

You get what you ask for in 16s and 18s football - the boys are full of raw emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    I don’t know about this one. I’m not involved this year but was last year in nl1 and we smacked Toronto, and also watched new Lambton smack them out at your ground as I was there to scout them. What did the Toronto players do at 5+ down? Aggravate, insult, be unnecessarily aggressive etc

Sorry but if you’re losing 5-0 and your default is to carry on like grubs (the coach last year was just as bad) it’s only normal for teenage boys to want to pile the misery on.

You get what you ask for in 16s and 18s football - the boys are full of raw emotion.
    Different players and different coaching staff.

Can’t comment on something you haven’t watched… Just proves that everyone on here is pathetic

Can’t comment on something you haven’t watched… Just proves that everyone on here is pathetic
    Pathetic is getting tonked year after year and doing nothing about it.

Didn’t you tell everyone to look out for Toronto in 18s this year?

Anyway, re: personnel, Wouldn’t happen to be many of those kids from the 16s last year that got booted from lakes?

It’s a culture thing. Kids in age group football remember everything. If they didn’t play someone last year, a friend of theirs in a different comp did. They play against the same players. Carry on like a pelican one game, everyone remembers it. It’s rivalry.

Regardless of all of the above, it’s another year of not enough bodies at Toronto. Something should be done, it’s embarrassing and devalues the competition.

As for you someone who’s not involved in a club to criticise how another club is ran 💀 Maybe you should go to a club where you don’t get kicked from
    Your something else.
    Not sure where I insulted the teams or players?
    My point was , rather posting on piss ups from the 1900's and beyond, post to look for players. Irrelevant what club I'm in or out, you can't take away that you turned up with f all players today, so if you don't take serious go and play zpl.

Lastly, I hope your name sake isn't the future of the stags.

I believe you are on here
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

I didn't see the 18s so unsure of the behaviour of NL players. Sounds a bit excessive. Contrary to your thoughts, I am not involved in NL. I follow them from afar and I am keen to see Clubs from lower divisions try and improve to shake up the NPL. No improvement means no game. You don't see me criticise Clubs who are having a decent crack, never once have I criticised Belswans, NL, Southy or Thornton. Cessnock field teams every week. No support from Northern but they turn up. Toronto were a grand old Club. Great players from the past. This is how many years and they haven't met criteria? This year they threw all their toys into two players and a first team. Don't play the downtrodden card. If they had 16s the kid with the headache and the kid cramping because he played Ressies could have been replaced by 16s. They couldn't because they don't have 16s. Or 15s or 13s. Not good enough Undertaker. You need to be honest with this and stop looking for excuses.

Patiently waiting for Go Away’s thoughts on this.

Understandable for people to bag out Toronto youth grades for having no teams, as for the senior grades, we have had 12 players unavailable for half of this season, it’s been a huge effort from the 18s to help out, reserve grade aren’t having the worst year. And first grade are in the top 4 and got beat by the top of the ladder on our worst day of the year. As for splashing the cash on 2 big names, we haven’t splashed any cash on them. And most of our wins this year they haven’t been there for. We would have the youngest squad in the comp barring 2 tri experienced players that we brought in to help a young squad

Not even going to acknowledge big tough knife stabbing keyboard warriors…

Still making my way back to the car from the ground, I may respond when I have time.

Btw …… bagpipes 🤣🤣🤣

Haha nice response Go Away... having a go at the keyboard warriors, then turning into one by having a dig 😆

Hopefully just a terrible one off day from the stags. I did feel for the 18s - stags for obvious reasons but also for NL, I'm sure they would've preferred to have a full game against a competitive team. I commend the stags 18s for starting the game, but considering the circumstances, a pregame forfeit may have been more appropriate.

I noted Alder park surrounds were very boggy. But kudos to the NL folk for getting the field ready for a game. It looked mostly ok. At least gave me something to do on a Sunday 👍

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post

Still making my way back to the car from the ground, I may respond when I have time.

Btw …… bagpipes 🤣🤣🤣
    great response GA
    maybe the bagpipes were to pay respect to the fallen

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post

Btw …… bagpipes 🤣🤣🤣

Isn’t this just being a keyboard warrior yourself?

Plenty of clubs play 16s in 18s. Easy solution. Why can’t Toronto just cop that they’re embarrassing.

Bagpipes, yea a few clubs in the top few divisions looking to nod to their history - lame or otherwise, which is quite funny as “history” is where the stags are headed fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesk21 View Post
    Understandable for people to bag out Toronto youth grades for having no teams, as for the senior grades, we have had 12 players unavailable for half of this season, it’s been a huge effort from the 18s to help out, reserve grade aren’t having the worst year. And first grade are in the top 4 and got beat by the top of the ladder on our worst day of the year. As for splashing the cash on 2 big names, we haven’t splashed any cash on them. And most of our wins this year they haven’t been there for. We would have the youngest squad in the comp barring 2 tri experienced players that we brought in to help a young squad
    I get what you’re saying, but this problem is solved for other clubs by… filling out the youth teams.

On a positive note, Kahibah are doing well over the last few weeks, lots of injuries in 1sts at the start and they backfilled spots with kids. All on the back of a development system that loses more kids to NPL year on year but they keep on keeping on. Surrounded by NPL options and NL and Cooks Hill in their own league over recent years. You can find excuses or you find solutions.