Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

The Gibbo Revolution continues

Thanks Gibbo

Scott Taylor is the new head coach at Southy. Hope he does well.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Scott Taylor is the new head coach at Southy. Hope he does well.
    Nice to see them bring in new 1st grade coaches rather than recycling the same 1st grade coaches

Sth Cardiff v Cessnock @ Ulinga today as well as Singleton v Belswans @ Howe Park.
    Any other games I've missed?
    Scores anyone?

Edit: Just informed via text that Sth Cardiff v Cessnock was moved up to Turner Pk.
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 11-07-2021 at 04:44 PM.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Edit: Just informed via text that Sth Cardiff v Cessnock was moved up to Turner Pk.
    South Cardiff won 2-1, nice to see them get a win once they appointed a new 1st grade coach

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    South Cardiff won 2-1, nice to see them get a win once they appointed a new 1st grade coach
    What is his background?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    What is his background?
    Pretty sure he was the old Lakes U18 coach won them two grandfinals or something

Cooks Hill v Belswans
    Athfield
    1st 3-1 (0-1) J Byrnes 2, C Carroll 1 - K Woolston 1
    Res and U18s were declared 0 all draws due to a COVID ruling where due to limited player availability for Belswans
    the games weren't played.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Cooks Hill v Belswans
    Athfield
    1st 3-1 (0-1) J Byrnes 2, C Carroll 1 - K Woolston 1
    Res and U18s were declared 0 all draws due to a COVID ruling where due to limited player availability for Belswans
    the games weren't played.
    Surely Belswans had enough to combine and field one team

I understand several of the Cookers regulars aren't that keen on NPL.

Quote Originally Posted by jandysardine View Post
    Well I guess they will be looking for a new club next year then.

Quote Originally Posted by jandysardine View Post
    Plenty of U/18's and Ressies across the city looking for a start too. I dont think they'll be missed.
    Anyone not thinking Cooks Hill will need a shake up from 1sts down to JDL if they want to hang with the big boys is kidding themselves (for the record I think Cookers fully understand the task at hand and I wish them all the best with the step up).

How are our NL friends handling this news? It must not be going down too well over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post

How are our NL friends handling this news? It must not be going down too well over there.
    From what I've seen I think everyone in Newy (including the Eagles peeps) thinks that Cookers were the right team to be promoted for 2022.

Not saying cooks hill are a bad choice, they’ve been working hard for a number of years.

But when did this all come about?
    Was there an application process?
    Why were they chosen? Were other clubs considered/aware of the pending promotion of a team?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Not saying cooks hill are a bad choice, they’ve been working hard for a number of years.

But when did this all come about?
    Was there an application process?
    Why were they chosen? Were other clubs considered/aware of the pending promotion of a team?
    The application process occurred either last season or the season before. Can't recall which. At the time there were a lot of people surprised that they did not go up then at the expense of one of the underperforming NPL clubs. This promotion has been common knowledge for some time around the NL1 clubs. Good luck to them. they have worked hard, achieved the results and they will need all the luck they can get (or very deep pockets).

As usual, as NNSWF are not willing to bite the bullet on any issue, let alone promotion/relegation, Cookers are up at the expense of.......no one. Let's dilute the NPL comp further!!

The next question we should be asking is what happens to NL1 next year if the two clubs that are rumoured to be withdrawing (or are forced to withdraw) actually do withdraw? That will leave NL1 down 3 clubs on this year. It will certainly fix the dilution issue in that comp!!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    The application process occurred either last season or the season before. Can't recall which. At the time there were a lot of people surprised that they did not go up then at the expense of one of the underperforming NPL clubs. This promotion has been common knowledge for some time around the NL1 clubs. Good luck to them. they have worked hard, achieved the results and they will need all the luck they can get (or very deep pockets).

As usual, as NNSWF are not willing to bite the bullet on any issue, let alone promotion/relegation, Cookers are up at the expense of.......no one. Let's dilute the NPL comp further!!

The next question we should be asking is what happens to NL1 next year if the two clubs that are rumoured to be withdrawing (or are forced to withdraw) actually do withdraw? That will leave NL1 down 3 clubs on this year. It will certainly fix the dilution issue in that comp!!
    At the very least get rid of the stupid bye. Cant even get that rght in NPL next year

Who’s withdrawing ? What have I missed

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Apparently singleton are rumoured to be dropping out, no idea who the second team is. My question is why are they dropping out of the rumour is true?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    The NPL page mentioned Singo, but surely not. I haven't heard anything and assumed there would be 10 teams in this comp next year. With the youth being decoupled (also from the NPL page) that might make it easier for some clubs to focus on seniors only, but I'm not sure what Northerns regulations for NL1 will be.