Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 HIT Northern League One

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    If we play? where have you been? on the other side of the world.
    Close, Wallsend washed out against NL but I just saw them humbled 4-1 by...... Mayfield in Aust Cup at LMRFF. After Mayfield were pumped by NL a couple of weeks ago in a trial, so form lines are out the window? Wallsend fail to field all teams and exit Round 1 of the Cup competition to a team below them. Nothing to see here Northern. The most famous club in the district. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Close, Wallsend washed out against NL but I just saw them humbled 4-1 by...... Mayfield in Aust Cup at LMRFF. After Mayfield were pumped by NL a couple of weeks ago in a trial, so form lines are out the window? Wallsend fail to field all teams and exit Round 1 of the Cup competition to a team below them. Nothing to see here Northern. The most famous club in the district. Carry on.
    I’m not sure how this is NNSWF problem, carry on

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I’m not sure how this is NNSWF problem, carry on
    Famous old club obviously struggling, unable to fill team quota and obviously fielding a first grade team that will be off the pace in their own comp. No Youth teams therefore no light to work towards. The only way out is cash to invest their way to success which is what we all see ends poorly. Northern sit back and watch. Governance. Ignored in local football and volunteers are left to stumble their way to oblivion.

Famous old club obviously struggling, unable to fill team quota and obviously fielding a first grade team that will be off the pace in their own comp. No Youth teams therefore no light to work towards. The only way out is cash to invest their way to success which is what we all see ends poorly. Northern sit back and watch. Governance. Ignored in local football and volunteers are left to stumble their way to oblivion.
    Maybe they saw the draw and didn’t play their full squad Im not sure. How’s their trial form been

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Maybe they saw the draw and didn’t play their full squad Im not sure. How’s their trial form been
    Maybe......and maybe Singleton (Warners Bay) and Toronto (Dudley) did the same. Westy.v.Swansea? There is a distinct gap here that needs to be addressed. I stand by the lack of management and lack of care at Northern that has created this clear divide. Put NL up now, they tick all the boxes and the works are commencing on their ground. Offer Belswans and Southy 2024. Decouple Youth now. Establish a new Second tier. No Youth unless you want it, 1st 23s and 18s mandated. If you win a Club Championship (Youth and Senior) and you have a Youth program you can go up. Lose NPL and if a second tier Club ticks the boxes down you go. Dudley Mayfield Westlakes Swansea etc..all get a chance to set up a development program, Wallsend Toronto and Singleton get what they want and jettison kids, Kahibah and Westy get a chance to build towards something. If Westy are smart they grow off the back of their demographic. Einstein suggested that to keep doing the same thing and expecting something different is the definition of insanity ( not quoted....)

Maybe......and maybe Singleton (Warners Bay) and Toronto (Dudley) did the same. Westy.v.Swansea? There is a distinct gap here that needs to be addressed. I stand by the lack of management and lack of care at Northern that has created this clear divide. Put NL up now, they tick all the boxes and the works are commencing on their ground. Offer Belswans and Southy 2024. Decouple Youth now. Establish a new Second tier. No Youth unless you want it, 1st 23s and 18s mandated. If you win a Club Championship (Youth and Senior) and you have a Youth program you can go up. Lose NPL and if a second tier Club ticks the boxes down you go. Dudley Mayfield Westlakes Swansea etc..all get a chance to set up a development program, Wallsend Toronto and Singleton get what they want and jettison kids, Kahibah and Westy get a chance to build towards something. If Westy are smart they grow off the back of their demographic. Einstein suggested that to keep doing the same thing and expecting something different is the definition of insanity ( not quoted....)
    Good in theory but I know some XPl clubs don’t want to start up development programs. ZPL is like the old first and second divisions, three grades and that’s it. There is way too much time and money involved that not all clubs are capable of achieving. If the federation was smart they’d scrap the junior program and just have three grades. But the money keeps rolling in so they will keep making the same mistakes over and over as it benefits the wallet.

Put NL up now??? Their ground is just unsuitable. Only promote them when their ground is done or they enter into an agreement to play elsewhere. I've always been against using facilities as a reason for non promotion, but in this case, Alder Park really is a good reason to not promote.

Offer Belswans and Southy a spot in 2024?? I'd think that Westy and Kahibah are every bit as deserving as Southy. Kahibah has a well developed youth programme, is a large club and arguably more successful on the park these days than Southy. Westy is right in the middle of the Newcastle growth area. Kids everywhere. They will only get stronger. Westy have facilities (although dated) and an enclosed ground. Kahibah will have the soon to be redeveloped Harold Knight/Fred Wright and Mick Middleton complex (in Council's action plan for 21/22).

You are right on the decoupling of youth, but the answer is not to make the NPL we have bigger, it is to have two NPL levels with less teams in each. The general feeling (call it a vote if you like) in this forum is 8 and 8.
    Last edited by Hunter403; 07-04-2022 at 11:58 AM.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Put NL up now??? Their ground is just unsuitable. Only promote when their ground is done or they enter into an agreement to play elsewhere. I've always been against using facilities as a reason for non promotion, but in this case, Alder Park really is a good reason to not promote.

Offer Belswans and Southy a spot in 2024?? I'd think that Westy and Kahibah are every bit as deserving as Southy. Kahibah has a well developed youth programme, is a large club and arguably more successful on the park these days than Southy. Westy is right in the middle of the Newcastle growth area. Kids everywhere. They will only get stronger. Westy have facilities (although dated) and an enclosed ground. Kahibah will have the soon to be redeveloped Harold Knight/Fred Wright and Mick Middleton complex (in Council's action plan for 21/22).

You are right on the decoupling of youth, but the answer is not to make the NPL we have bigger, it is to have two NPL levels with less teams in each. The general feeling (call it a vote if you like) in this forum is 8 and 8.
    Absolutely put kahibah up??? WTF
    These teams have no ambition, so because they have a fence they should be promoted.

f me, probably the dumbest post to date, just like npl needs more Terrible teams like Lakes, buds and valo to be included.
    Hunter unfortunately it's people like your opinion and creativity is why football is in he state it is in Newcastle.

Lastly, why isnt wallsend fc not included in the promotion list you have put forward, we have multiple fences more then any team in npl, also a running track for warm ups, license bar and betting facilities.
    Jog on
    Last edited by W8 WATCHER; 07-04-2022 at 08:32 AM.

Toronto had all their new big signings playing and were filthy at losing. They were full strength

The biggest thing for me is that clubs with ambition and success need to be rewarded appropriately.
    Allow any club, the opportunity to prove themselves, improve, develop and progress through the divisions.
    Publish transparent criteria for ground, facility, squad expectations. Let clubs know what they need to do.

If you get the results, meet the criteria you can be promoted.
    If you don’t have results, you can be relegated.

Clubs have had enough protection over the last decade. If they haven’t got their act together, hold them accountable.

The idea was a good one, let clubs focus on developing players and facilities instead of using their $$$ to pay players. But the reality is that it hasn’t done much to improve the competition.
    There’s no point saying, well we have more U/20s playing first grade than before, if the quality is much poorer.
    If clubs are playing to win, if you’re good enough you are old enough. If a 35 year old offers more to the team than a 20yo, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    Absolutely put kahibah up??? WTF
    These teams have no ambition, so because they have a fence they should be promoted.

f me, probably the dumbest post to date, just like npl needs more Terrible teams like Lakes, buds and valo to be included.
    Hunter unfortunately it's people like your opinion and creativity is why football is in he state it is in Newcastle.

Lastly, why isnt wallsend fc not included in the promotion list you have put forward, we have multiple fences more then any team in npl, also a running track for warm ups, license bar and betting facilities.
    Jog on
    I'm really concerned about your ability to comprehend English.

Firstly, I was responding to BBScone so was addressing his post. He excluded Wallsend, Toronto and Singleton as he argues they are unable to field youth teams. He is wrong in the case of Wallsend.

He raised Kahibah and Westy. That's what I was addressing. If you have an issue with him leaving out Wallsend, take it up with him. I responded regarding the teams he discussed. Can you understand that or should I use smaller words?

But to address your only points that are not out of context. Southy, Westy and Kahibah submitted NPL applications so your comment about them not having ambition is clearly wrong. Did I say they should go into NPL? No, I simply said that Kahibah and Westy were as deserving as Southy.

Why wasn't Wallsend in my list? I had no list, I was responding to BBScone but if I did have a list I would include Wallsend as they have managed to fill all teams this year. Do try to not put words in peoples mouths.

I can't address this:
    "Hunter unfortunately it's people like your opinion and creativity is why football is in he state it is in Newcastle."
    as it makes no sense.

So to be clear on MY opinion, free of addressing BBScone's post
    1 De couple youth
    2 NPL1 and NPL 2 each of 8 teams. No teams selected for either at this time
    3 Facilities criteria to be given far less weight
    4 Promotion and relegation
    You can feel free to shoot those four points down. You can also feel free to share your opinion, if you have one.

Will you say "Sorry Hunter, I didn't read your post in the context of the post it was responding to and consequently I was wrong"? Of course you won't. If my post was the dumbest to date, you just surpassed it.

As you say, jog on.

FMD it is so frustrating having to explain simple things to people who speak/write first without thought.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Firstly, I was responding to BBScone so was addressing his post. He excluded Wallsend, Toronto and Singleton as he argues they are unable to field youth teams. He is wrong in the case of Wallsend.

He raised Kahibah and Westy. That's what I was addressing. If you have an issue with him leaving out Wallsend, take it up with him. I responded regarding the teams he discussed. Can you understand that or should I use smaller words?

But to address your only points that are not out of context. Southy, Westy and Kahibah submitted NPL applications so your comment about them not having ambition is clearly wrong. Did I say they should go into NPL? No, I simply said that Kahibah and Westy were as deserving as Southy.

Why wasn't Wallsend in my list? I had no list, I was responding to BBScone but if I did have a list I would include Wallsend as they have managed to fill all teams this year. Do try to not put words in peoples mouths.

I can't address this:
    "Hunter unfortunately it's people like your opinion and creativity is why football is in he state it is in Newcastle."
    as it makes no sense.

1 De couple youth
    You can feel free to shoot those four points down. You can also feel free to share your opinion, if you have one.

Will you say "Sorry Hunter, I didn't read your post in the context of the post it was responding to and consequently I was wrong"? Of course you won't. If my post was the dumbest to date, you just surpassed it.

As you say, jog on.

FMD it is so frustrating having to explain simple things to people who speak/write first without thought.
    FMD your correct, it is frustrating explaining plain and simple english.

so submitting these teams applications' is progressive?
    can you demonstrate what they have achieved in last 3-5 years to be worthy of your statement.
    only 2 teams are worthy i believe Belswans and NL. that's it

lastly, it's all about improving quality football, opportunity for ambitious clubs and players, youth development and removing politics, or fence sitting from the sport, unfortunately this is a pipe dream and wont happen, NPL needs to have 12-14 teams, more games more opportunities. Ground improvements will eventually come there after, and also more fences.
    The rest of the teams can play ZPL or merge, as its meant to be better then NL1 anyway.

FMD your correct, it is frustrating explaining plain and simple english.

so submitting these teams applications' is progressive?
    can you demonstrate what they have achieved in last 3-5 years to be worthy of your statement.
    only 2 teams are worthy i believe Belswans and NL. that's it

lastly, it's all about improving quality football, opportunity for ambitious clubs and players, youth development and removing politics, or fence sitting from the sport, unfortunately this is a pipe dream and wont happen, NPL needs to have 12-14 teams, more games more opportunities. Ground improvements will eventually come there after, and also more fences.
    The rest of the teams can play ZPL or merge, as its meant to be better then NL1 anyway.
    You're

You said ambitious, not progressive. Yes, submitting NPL applications is ambitious. Running JDL is ambitious. Progressive wasn't mentioned. I can't comment on what progressive work is being undertaken as I don't sit on the committee of either Kahibah or Westy. And anyway, you raised both ambition and progressive, not me, so I made no statement on that. You want me to defend your words?

Again, the original post was about teams that should be considered. To which I responded. Please read the whole discussion and try and understand. You are missing the whole point. BBScone said New Lambton should go now and Belswans and Southy should be next. He said Westy and Kahibah should have further development. He said the rest should be passed over. I said that Kahibah and Westy were as deserving as Southy. Why is this so hard for you? You are all wrapped around the wheel about what you imagine was written, not was written. Or is it that you are just miffed that he excluded Wallsend? If so, take it up with him.

Mate, I have no more time to explain myself to you as you clearly don't want to understand the context.
    Last edited by Hunter403; 07-04-2022 at 12:07 PM.

You're

You said ambitious, not progressive. Yes, submitting NPL applications is ambitious. Running JDL is ambitious. Progressive wasn't mentioned. I can't comment on what progressive work is being undertaken as I don't sit on the committee of either Kahibah or Westy. And anyway, you raised both ambition and progressive, not me, so I made no statement on that. You want me to defend your words?

Again, the original post was about teams that should be considered. To which I responded. Please read the whole discussion and try and understand. You are missing the whole point. BBScone said New Lambton should go now and Belswans and Southy should be next. He said Westy and Kahibah should have further development. He said the rest should be passed over. I said that Kahibah and Westy were as deserving as Southy. Why is this so hard for you? You are all wrapped around the wheel about what you imagine was written, not was written. Or is it that you are just miffed that he excluded Wallsend? If so, take it up with him.

Mate, I have no more time to explain myself to you as you clearly don't want to understand the context.
    Boys - you both can't see the forest for the trees. Are you 1 year ahead or 1 year behind? Let's see who the dill is 😁

I can't address this:
    as it makes no sense.

1 De couple youth

As you say, jog on.

I don't disagree with two divisions of 8. That's the part of your reply that makes sense. Check the draws, two years in a row and Wallsend haven't been able to field all teams which is heart breaking because it is one of Newcastles more famous clubs. Their Youth teams are miles off. Ground criteria is a farce. The limited enclosed grounds in Newcastle are the domain of a minority in football and Rugby versions have the better ones. The football versions are cobbled together on scrap metal and volunteer labour. To call Magic Park a stadium is delusional. Ambitious clubs will spend if they have a carrot. NL have the Alder plans in place that were in the Herald last month, it won't be perfect but they run a licensed venue now and their model seems to be as good as any. At the end of the day, what's the ****ing point of football if the best teams are not rewarded and the worst face consequence?. It happens all over the world, except in little old Northern NSW. My reference to Belswans and Southy was that they are both next best performing. Shouldn't it always be about performance? I agree Westy are in the zone of most potential but they have been in the second tier for a long long time so maybe they need to look at their administration. They have a great ground, development all around them but they don't see consistent results. As for the bell end comments someone made about Wallsends facility let's be honest. It's not Breakers anymore. It is a pigeon shit infested ghost town. A bar? Hardly a place to kick back and enjoy an ale after a game. Who goes there apart from the dog track members? They should follow NLs lead and go to Wallsend Park, put a fence around it and put up with the cricket pitch and return to their roots of Wallsend CBD. Birmingham Gardens is not Wallsend. Kahibah are never far off but this forum has shown that they would want assurances that there is something to invest in having been screwed over in promotion attempts in the past. The general gist here is leadership and direction. Or, leave it as it is and the local comp continues to get worse and the ZL comps back fill with better players who couldn't give a shit about NPL ambition. There are serious decisions to be made sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    I would like to take you up on this offer as I am thrilled about the appointment of Ruben Zadkovich at Perth Glory and keen to go watch the impact he has on the team.
    So the impact as all expected, nothing shit coach, shit person shit player and your judgement in football shit aswell

So the impact as all expected, nothing shit coach, shit person shit player and your judgement in football shit aswell
    (Googles who did zadkovich cut from magic)

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    (Googles who did zadkovich cut from magic)
    🤣 himself

Westy 4- NL 2
    Upset

Westy 4- NL 2
    Upset
    All those hypothetical victories over Magic and Edgy in preseason seems to have worn them out.