Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Any results for Bero v Kotara?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Firsts 2-2 I heard.

Going to summarise my thoughts and reply to some great posts all in one.

Firstly, disappointing results for us yesterday against Mayfield. To keep us at zero wins in a day, especially a Sunday is a rare occasion and one I would rather not experience again. I don't like to dive too deep into our games as I'll leave that to others on here who do a good job of summarising the matches (most of the time). What I will say is that Mayfield flew under nearly everyone's radar this season and they're showing that they can be title contenders. They are probably the hardest team I have personally played even though they don't have the super stars that certain other clubs have signed. The quick bloke out wide/up top was dangerous and their defenders are some of the best in the league. As for us, we look forward to playing them in the next round.

A few mates and I went down to Carrington on Saturday and boy that was a wild day of football. The Suns wasted no time getting into their weekly fight after a dominant display in ressies. As this guy said:
    Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Surely suns are due some form of sanction from our nnswf overlords, two weeks in a row these flogs resort to physical violence.
    I think the federation will get involved because of incidents such as:
    Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Heard that Suns ressies player (or players) stormed into Azzurri change room after the game to provoke the nonsense that followed. Any truth to this? Wtf
    Presumably a bit of a culture problem at the Suns. In saying that, I see in this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Whilst I don’t condone violence, I also don’t condone racist behaviour.
    One of the Azzurri guys said some bad shit to the fella who went in the change rooms? Whether that justifies it or not, not for me to decide but that's not on. Just cop the 7-1 loss gracefully because that's embarrassing enough. As for the first grade match, I was impressed at the standard of football on display there, especially from the Hexham boys who were the better team overall. Azzurri's wide men were having a field day and their midfielders controlled the pace of the game. As for the Suns, the tall fella who plays deep centre midfielder had a good game (barring one incident) and distributed the ball well but their forwards spent much of the game arguing with each other after struggling to get the best of their defenders.

Overall this just shows you the nature of ZPL. Over the course of a full season, the teams with the most quality should be in the top four but more often than not it will be whoever turns up that will take the points.

Quote Originally Posted by The Debt Collector View Post
    Swansea score goals for fun despite the suspension of Will ‘ZPL bad boy’ McMaster. 2-1 at half time. Swansea in the second half dismantled Cooks hill and touched them up worse than newysports did to those underage victims

Although the bad boy was out of action he still managed to get the win for Swansea with his sideline antics getting into the heads of cooks hills goalkeeper and defenders with his relentless shit talk.

Honourable mention to Josh ‘Laviesta’ Laverty for his effort with passing. 2 passes completed from 18 attempts and got skinned multiple times. Thankfully cooks hills ability to finish is as good as Laviestas ability at Finnegans to pull a bird.
    This is sensational. I always look forward to your write-ups. The bad boy is making headlines even when he's not on the park. Will there be McMaster jerseys on sale at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    A few mates and I went down to Carrington on Saturday and boy that was a wild day of football. The Suns wasted no time getting into their weekly fight after a dominant display in ressies. As this guy said:

I think the federation will get involved because of incidents such as:

Presumably a bit of a culture problem at the Suns. In saying that, I see in this post:

One of the Azzurri guys said some bad shit to the fella who went in the change rooms? Whether that justifies it or not, not for me to decide but that's not on. Just cop the 7-1 loss gracefully because that's embarrassing enough. As for the first grade match, I was impressed at the standard of football on display there, especially from the Hexham boys who were the better team overall. Azzurri's wide men were having a field day and their midfielders controlled the pace of the game. As for the Suns, the tall fella who plays deep centre midfielder had a good game (barring one incident) and distributed the ball well but their forwards spent much of the game arguing with each other after struggling to get the best of their defenders.
    Always look forward to your posts, equally entertaining as the debt collector.

Love the oversight to mention the Azzurri player who was red carded and then jumped the fence and assaulted a Suns committee member.

As previously mentioned, our player should not have entered the Azzurri shed. This will be dealt with by our club. There's certainly no culture problem at our club. We are taking these two isolated incidents from two individuals very seriously! We have for a long time copped racist remarks over the years. It's great to see that 99% of people have changed their behaviour, but some people have a line that can be crossed.

Maybe you should worry about your own club and keeping your players on the field. Lost count of the amount of times your boys have been down to 10-men this year. Speaking to one of your boys on Saturday and he's more than frustrated with the player availability from the injuries and that being doubled down with the lack of discipline and all the red cards.

I realise this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to hide behind a username then pick and choose where you want to throw your mud gets a bit boring. For everyone's sake, it would be nice to just get back to the football chat because I'm sure most people are over reading everyone's different versions of shit that's not worth talking about.

Looking forward to the visit to Mayfield Park this weekend. I'm sure it's going to be three very tough games; 2nd v 3rd, 3rd v 5th and 3rd v 4th!

Any news on when Hexham Hellas Brawlers v Cardiff Covid Cup Winners washout games are on?

Should be a fairly spicy match given the barbs the Cardiff fellas have throwing at Hexham Hellas on the socials ever since the game was questionably/fairly washed out

Personally hope their footballing ability is much much better than their banter, although that itself is an extremely low bar
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Curious, did the change room warplane get a red? could you even get a red for that?

If not and he plays this week vs Mayfield I'd be seriously questioning if there is a culture problem over there

As we are nearing the half way point of this competition the boys from Cardiff are just finally starting to find their feet and I think will be a threat in the second half of the season. As for bero, kotara, cooks hill and the bay I dare say it could be a long second half fighting out for the spoon, my money’s on kotara. What’s going on with Dudley but ? Is this just another choke of a year for the boys from Dudley ? Haven’t had a win in 3 games now and will be looking to improve on that this weekend against a poor cooks hill outfit.
    Mayfield are up to there usual tricks pretty consistent all year but we all know those boys don’t like playing in the grand final, best we just let them do there thing and bottle it. Swansea have flew under everyone’s radar, no Maguire no problems?
    Suns have started the season strong for the first time in many years, on their day will be hard to beat.
    Azzuri need I say more then the fact there playing out of Hexham? That ground makes Pasadena look like old Trafford

Round 8 Conclusions -

Connolly Park was the place to be on Saturday. 15 goals, Red card, Police, fighting and arguing, great first grade game played in good spirits the locals got the moneys worth.

Is anyone from Swansea safe from the wrath of the debt collector? First the bad boy McMaster and now Laverty who passes a ball like Stevie Wonder passes the sauce.

Dudley title hopes are threatening to be over quicker than my last one night stand after a good spanking (like my last one night stand) from Mayfield.

Kotara and Beresfield are that bad they cant beat each other and Cardiff continue their march up the ladder.

Remember this is the original and best conclusions, all others conclusions are just infringing on my copyrights.

Plenty of banter, few beers and I hope everyone enjoyed. God bless the ZPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Any news on when Hexham Hellas Brawlers v Cardiff Covid Cup Winners washout games are on?

Should be a fairly spicy match given the barbs the Cardiff fellas have throwing at Hexham Hellas on the socials ever since the game was questionably/fairly washed out

Personally hope their footballing ability is much much better than their banter, although that itself is an extremely low bar
    shit, you are so funny....

Game info, cant wait to see you there.

3rds and reggies Tuesday 15th June
    1st Wednesday 16th June, all at Tarro oval.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post

I might go down the night before and turn the sprinklers on just for you
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I might go down the night before and turn the sprinklers on just for you
    That would be expected from the convict OZurri. Do something didfferent

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    He won't be playing. You can sit down now.
    red card ? genuine question

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    That would be expected from the convict OZurri. Do something didfferent
    that's the problem, they called a dry game off, maybe should have left a sprinkler on or at least pissed on the ground beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    red card ? genuine question
    There wasn't a red card. It happened maybe closer to 10 minutes after the game finished. Referee's didn't witness it. There were a few different versions on events that came from the blue shed, but I am mates with a few boys and got a consistent version from them. Old mate made a big deal to call the police yet he didn't have a single mark on him...
    We will be dealing it internally as this goes completely against our player code of conduct and what we expect from our players.

that's the problem, they called a dry game off, maybe should have left a sprinkler on or at least pissed on the ground beforehand.
    You have no clue mate, the ground was still soft many days after and we couldn’t train on it the following week. Stop being a cry baby.

Who's the 'home' team?

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    You have no clue mate, the ground was still soft many days after and we couldn’t train on it the following week. Stop being a cry baby.
    sorry buddy, but i walked the ground on the Saturday, as i have said previously, oval was dryer than the simpson desert.
    You are so full of shit, caught up in your lies, you dont know when to stop.
    No-one was being cry baby except you, i was responding to old mates comments, as a bit of a laugh or dont you get real banter?

PS: Do you know that it was walked upon by referees and opposition teams on the sunday also, after they turned up for the scheduled games.
    No-one bothered to check if the ground was out as it hadn't rained, the refs i believe have asked several questions about why the games were called off when the ground was dry as a bone.
    would you like me to continue.....

Bugger all rain.
    Was the water table of the Hunter River so high that it washed it out?
    Played at Jaffa’s with water in corners.
    Played at Azzurri smith park in a bog.
    Played at Cardiff No2 greasey as ****.

Anyway.

sorry buddy, but i walked the ground on the Saturday, as i have said previously, oval was dryer than the simpson desert.
    You are so full of shit, caught up in your lies, you dont know when to stop.
    No-one was being cry baby except you, i was responding to old mates comments, as a bit of a laugh or dont you get real banter?

PS: Do you know that it was walked upon by referees and opposition teams on the sunday also, after they turned up for the scheduled games.
    No-one bothered to check if the ground was out as it hadn't rained, the refs i believe have asked several questions about why the games were called off when the ground was dry as a bone.
    would you like me to continue.....
    Sorry buddy but you have no idea about the field. If the games went ahead I guarantee by 3.30pm, half an hour into first grade, you would have been complaining about the state of the field and the risk it posed to players. You have no idea how Hexham Park played after rain a couple of weeks earlier against Mayfield, so your opinion is irrelevant.

I know everything about that weekend and I also know it was NF’s mistake that teams and referees turned up there on the Sunday.

You are the cry baby because weeks later you continue to sook about a game that was rightfully rescheduled, and is going to be replayed on a better surface. You should be happy for that and that you didn’t get injuries on a rubbish pitch.

The way members of your club carried themselves on socials was embarrassing. Cry babies.

Not many people make the trip to Hexham park and don’t complain about the field