Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2021 Zone Premier League thread

discussion here

Will we see all 10 teams return

Suns are in.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Sorry jardelsimage, just to clarify my earlier mistake. Season 2020 will go down as one where the premiers will have a * next to it. Again sorry for the confusion of putting it in the wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Sorry jardelsimage, just to clarify my earlier mistake. Season 2020 will go down as one where the premiers will have a * next to it. Again sorry for the confusion of putting it in the wrong thread.
    all good, is that the same as Liverpools EPL title...always be a * next to it, try telling a pool supporter that..
    cheers

Someone had to win it, looks like your club didn’t, take a hike sooky boy

Wasn't the same without a final series. Cardiff deserved the crown, but it was a bit of a meh season. I think we can all agree (apart from Mayfield) that winning of grand final day is what you want.
    Definitely looking forward to this season! Hopefully it is as closely competitive as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Wasn't the same without a final series. Cardiff deserved the crown, but it was a bit of a meh season. I think we can all agree (apart from Mayfield) that winning of grand final day is what you want.
    Definitely looking forward to this season! Hopefully it is as closely competitive as last year.
    I would be one of those who disagree with that. Being apart of a few teams that won a GF they are great for a party atmosphere and a cherry on top of a good season. But from a footballing point of view winning the premiership and gaining that elusive promotion ( fully aware you can’t get promoted from ZPL currently) that is what I always wanted from the season.

Looking forward to a few Dudley v Suns Derby games. Hopefully the sheer hatred between both clubs is still there.
    Any word on how Kotara are coming together I know they were struggling committee wise

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I would be one of those who disagree with that. Being apart of a few teams that won a GF they are great for a party atmosphere and a cherry on top of a good season. But from a footballing point of view winning the premiership and gaining that elusive promotion ( fully aware you can’t get promoted from ZPL currently) that is what I always wanted from the season.
    Im a bit like you, the premiers plate was always my aim, GF's are a good party starter, but being the best all year is very different than winning one game.
    Bring on 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    all good, is that the same as Liverpools EPL title...always be a * next to it, try telling a pool supporter that..
    cheers
    In all serious congratulations to the Cardiff guys it's been some time between drinks. But this year will be the main test when Dudley and Kotara are back and players return.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Im a bit like you, the premiers plate was always my aim, GF's are a good party starter, but being the best all year is very different than winning one game.
    Bring on 2021
    I agree to an extent, but over the past few seasons the Suns have been lucky enough to win and lose GF's, with one very dominant minor premiership where we lost the GF. The GF wins without the premiership were more enjoyable than the minor premiership with a GF loss. Doing the double would certainly be very satisfying and unsure if any clubs have done that recently in firsts. But GF for me at this level and in this league where promotion isn't on the cards seems to be the biggest result. It's a shitty feeling if you're not there for the big dance. I'm sure plenty might disagree, but maybe it's because I don't mind a good party..

I agree to an extent, but over the past few seasons the Suns have been lucky enough to win and lose GF's, with one very dominant minor premiership where we lost the GF. The GF wins without the premiership were more enjoyable than the minor premiership with a GF loss. Doing the double would certainly be very satisfying and unsure if any clubs have done that recently in firsts. But GF for me at this level and in this league where promotion isn't on the cards seems to be the biggest result. It's a shitty feeling if you're not there for the big dance. I'm sure plenty might disagree, but maybe it's because I don't mind a good party..
    The association should have had GF's last year, just 1 v 2 the following week after the season finished. I couldn't see why it didn't happen. If it was a scheduling thing with grounds required for cricket, then one of the rounds could have been midweek.

The association should have had GF's last year, just 1 v 2 the following week after the season finished. I couldn't see why it didn't happen. If it was a scheduling thing with grounds required for cricket, then one of the rounds could have been midweek.
    Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Definitely
    Why? After a shortened, disjointed season, who cares who wins 1v2. It's not like a full finals series

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Why? After a shortened, disjointed season, who cares who wins 1v2. It's not like a full finals series
    I'd say your in the minority mate, I bet you teams 1-2 in all levels of football would have jumped at the opportunity of a gf. It certainly would have created some interest in nearly all competitions as there didn't appear to be much at all towards season's end.

As for the final series, why does zone league persist with the 1v4, 2v3 final series? NNSW NPL got rid of it and the final series was great, you nearly always get the 2 best form teams at seasons end in the final like Edgeworth v Maitland.
    The zone way means that teams 2 and 3 can both never play each other in GF.

I'd say your in the minority mate, I bet you teams 1-2 in all levels of football would have jumped at the opportunity of a gf. It certainly would have created some interest in nearly all competitions as there didn't appear to be much at all towards season's end.

As for the final series, why does zone league persist with the 1v4, 2v3 final series? NNSW NPL got rid of it and the final series was great, you nearly always get the 2 best form teams at seasons end in the final like Edgeworth v Maitland.
    The zone way means that teams 2 and 3 can both never play each other in GF.
    Don't know if Maitland were in the best 2 form teams. They only just snuck into 5th place,but I agree with you that there should have been a gf

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Enough of the season was played and the clubs who put teams out deserve more than any other year to be rewarded.

I would have watched all grades and sour grapes can stay home. simple

Any updates on teams lads?
    Few clubs going altogether in the zone league and hearing some others may struggle for numbers.
    Will teams that didn’t play at all or only with two grades find it hard.
    Post COVID could be as difficult as 2020.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Any updates on teams lads?
    Few clubs going altogether in the zone league and hearing some others may struggle for numbers.
    Will teams that didn’t play at all or only with two grades find it hard.
    Post COVID could be as difficult as 2020.
    Thoughts?
    I would think of the teams that sat out the year Warner’s Bay might be the one that struggles the most. They weren’t particularly strong 2019. Dudley and Kotara should ok as they have always been able to draw players