Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    and CCFC will be playing out of Evans Park, no more fukin cricket pitch......
    Amalgamation/association with Cardiff Juniors? Or purely ground utilisation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Amalgamation/association with Cardiff Juniors? Or purely ground utilisation?
    bit of everything thrown in, long story buts its been going to happen for a long time, just needed all the planets to align, they did and shit has happened quite quickly.
    CJSC's senior teams are coming under the CCFC banner for 2021.
    That will give us:
    ZPL
    ZL3
    AA x 4
    o35's x 2
    CJSC will not field any teams in season 2021.

bit of everything thrown in, long story buts its been going to happen for a long time, just needed all the planets to align, they did and shit has happened quite quickly.
    CJSC's senior teams are coming under the CCFC banner for 2021.
    That will give us:
    ZPL
    ZL3
    AA x 4
    o35's x 2
    CJSC will not field any teams in season 2021.
    Good news. Any dealings I had (years ago) with Cardiff Juniors were always very positive and their facilities there now are pretty good.
    Sometimes it just makes sense for these geographical connections to pool resources and grow.
    You mean they will field no senior teams? Or no teams at all (Eg juniors also)

Good news. Any dealings I had (years ago) with Cardiff Juniors were always very positive and their facilities there now are pretty good.
    Sometimes it just makes sense for these geographical connections to pool resources and grow.
    You mean they will field no senior teams? Or no teams at all (Eg juniors also)
    at all.

at all.
    Oh wow. Unfortunate.
    Imagine South Cardiff, Warner’s bay and Garden Suburbs will be taking on those displaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Haircut View Post
    Azzurri to play out of Hexham?
    Surely not

Oh wow. Unfortunate.
    Imagine South Cardiff, Warner’s bay and Garden Suburbs will be taking on those displaced.
    The unfortunate consequence of pulling out from last years season due to COVID is that few (if any) of the kids we had before came back to us - only just had enough juniors sign up to enter a single team so not feasible for us to go ahead. With City coming over (which we are very excited about) it made sense for the senior sides to sign up under them.
    Last edited by evolution; 25-02-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Does this now mean Cardiff junior football are no longer a club

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Does this now mean Cardiff junior football are no longer a club
    No, we are still a club.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    No, we are still a club.
    By my understanding you have no teams, how are you still a club

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    By my understanding you have no teams, how are you still a club
    Still have a committee, still registered with Macquarie, Northern, FFA etc., still recognised by council and still planning on competing in some way, shape or form in the years to come.

Kotara copped a touch up from Merewether on the weekend. They had been really strong pre covid. The year off may have depleted that strength

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Kotara copped a touch up from Merewether on the weekend. They had been really strong pre covid. The year off may have depleted that strength
    Might have been short on numbers? They gave Kahibah a pretty good run a few weeks ago.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Any ideas when the draw will actually be finalised and up online?

Long time reader, first time poster here.

The lack of activity on this forum is underwhelming. The players, coaching staff and spectators deserve better! Get amongst it people, the season is almost upon us!

Predictions:
    Dudley
    Suns
    Cardiff
    Azzurri
    Swansea
    Kotara
    Cookers
    Mayfield
    W Bay
    Bero

Dudley
    NPL ressies do ZPL. Made up of NPL reserve graders and Dudley veterans. They will be experienced, clinical and too strong for most of the comp. They have lost their crowd favourite and ‘ZPL immortal’ coach, Davo, who is now solely focussing on his O35s career. They have also lost a few of their NPL rejects from the pre-COVID era who are apparently chasing fame and money in newFM or whatever that nothing league is called now. Hopefully the local flogs still remember where the oval is, so we can marvel at their mob-like behaviour after a coupla froths.

Suns
    The sun is shining? Bit of a gamble here. The usual faces are back and a few old magicians have joined the ranks. The Suns have taken preseason seriously for the first time in living memory, despite the weather gods trying to break their resilience. I think this unprecedented fitness level will see them get points before the start of the second round. When it all clicks, there is no denying that they are prettiest footballers in the comp. But football is more than being pretty and everyone knows that the Suns are the best in the comp at beating themselves. Lack of depth will be an issue.

Cardiff
    The kings of nothing. Full of confidence from winning whatever last year was, South Cardiff ressies will look to go back to back. This year though they will see the real ZPL and as such, get a reality check. There’s not to say there isn’t some quality in this squad, despite their coach’s best effort to stamp out any class or tactics from the players. Playing on a field that will now be conducive for football will be make or break. The film crew will be back but it’s undecided whether they’re with Optus sports or housos.

Azzurri
    Homeless in Hexham. A significant delay for the squad getting their tetanus shots has meant that the Hexham azzurri bees have experienced a very disrupted preseason. However, as they showed last year, they have some immense quality in the squad despite losing their journeyman keeper to their rivals. They also showed that for the most part that their cockiness was misplaced. With their ego realigned we will see a better, more grounded azzurri than we did last year. What is yet to be known is whether azzurri fans will don the akubra, as they make Hexham home.

Swansea
    Yesterday’s champions. It seems by miracle that Josh Maguire didn’t send the club broke with his wages and match day demands but he has left the club, leaving behind a walking frame and a mobility scooter. They’ll need another miracle if they are to make finals again without their marquee. In what could only be described as an ageing squad, the Swans will be relying on the long throw-in and hope some Belswans rejects cross the bridge to cover over the appearing cracks. Will this be the last we see from some of the champions?

Kotara
    The back to back losers are back. After taking a year off to lick their wounds, the tigers are without their most prized possession, the whippet as he is off to seek fame and fortune. Apparently he was in such a hurry to leave that he abandoned his litter of young pups out the front of the clubhouse. Their pre-COVID coach/keeper/journeyman is now at his third ZPL club in as many years. New coach, new squad will mean they are no longer the biggest tiger in the jungle. I can’t see them becoming back to back to back losers.

Cookers
    Fire in the hole is cooked. Gaining promotion via another team’s misfortune is never going to win you any fans. This coupled with the fact that their team is actually the Cookers ressies ressies tells me that unfortunately the best chant in the comp will not be heard too often. An obvious strength will be their fitness, fresh off a preseason on the track, Cookers will make teams work for their inevitable victories but that’s where the strengths finish. The best of the relegation battle.

Mayfield
    Grubbiest of them all. What a fall from grace these now third rate tigers have had. Once winning minors undefeated but still failing to make the big dance, Mayfield are determined as ever to finally win a grandy with their O35s team. They’ll be very experienced but lacking in every other part of the game. Grubby non-spectacles aplenty in these games.

Warners Bay
    Lol.

Bero
    Bye bye Bero. If their players, field and fans weren’t so shit I’d actually be sad. The days of Danny Burt and grand finals are long gone. I can’t see them winning many games nor can I see them returning anytime soon and we will see a few records be broken here, at the expense of Bero. Would happily see them replaced by Peter Haynes FC or do a day trip up to Nelson Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornigold View Post

The lack of activity on this forum is underwhelming. The players, coaching staff and spectators deserve better! Get amongst it people, the season is almost upon us!
    "Long time reader, first time poster here." - well there's yr problem

But a fantastic post nonetheless!

agreed, this is the kind of content i am here to see

bring on the season

Quote Originally Posted by Hornigold View Post

Predictions:
    Dudley
    Suns
    Cardiff
    Azzurri
    Swansea
    Kotara
    Cookers
    Mayfield
    W Bay
    Bero

Dudley
    NPL ressies do ZPL. Made up of NPL reserve graders and Dudley veterans. They will be experienced, clinical and too strong for most of the comp. They have lost their crowd favourite and ‘ZPL immortal’ coach, Davo, who is now solely focussing on his O35s career. They have also lost a few of their NPL rejects from the pre-COVID era who are apparently chasing fame and money in newFM or whatever that nothing league is called now. Hopefully the local flogs still remember where the oval is, so we can marvel at their mob-like behaviour after a coupla froths.

Suns
    The sun is shining? Bit of a gamble here. The usual faces are back and a few old magicians have joined the ranks. The Suns have taken preseason seriously for the first time in living memory, despite the weather gods trying to break their resilience. I think this unprecedented fitness level will see them get points before the start of the second round. When it all clicks, there is no denying that they are prettiest footballers in the comp. But football is more than being pretty and everyone knows that the Suns are the best in the comp at beating themselves. Lack of depth will be an issue.

Cardiff
    The kings of nothing. Full of confidence from winning whatever last year was, South Cardiff ressies will look to go back to back. This year though they will see the real ZPL and as such, get a reality check. There’s not to say there isn’t some quality in this squad, despite their coach’s best effort to stamp out any class or tactics from the players. Playing on a field that will now be conducive for football will be make or break. The film crew will be back but it’s undecided whether they’re with Optus sports or housos.

Azzurri
    Homeless in Hexham. A significant delay for the squad getting their tetanus shots has meant that the Hexham azzurri bees have experienced a very disrupted preseason. However, as they showed last year, they have some immense quality in the squad despite losing their journeyman keeper to their rivals. They also showed that for the most part that their cockiness was misplaced. With their ego realigned we will see a better, more grounded azzurri than we did last year. What is yet to be known is whether azzurri fans will don the akubra, as they make Hexham home.

Swansea
    Yesterday’s champions. It seems by miracle that Josh Maguire didn’t send the club broke with his wages and match day demands but he has left the club, leaving behind a walking frame and a mobility scooter. They’ll need another miracle if they are to make finals again without their marquee. In what could only be described as an ageing squad, the Swans will be relying on the long throw-in and hope some Belswans rejects cross the bridge to cover over the appearing cracks. Will this be the last we see from some of the champions?

Kotara
    The back to back losers are back. After taking a year off to lick their wounds, the tigers are without their most prized possession, the whippet as he is off to seek fame and fortune. Apparently he was in such a hurry to leave that he abandoned his litter of young pups out the front of the clubhouse. Their pre-COVID coach/keeper/journeyman is now at his third ZPL club in as many years. New coach, new squad will mean they are no longer the biggest tiger in the jungle. I can’t see them becoming back to back to back losers.

Cookers
    Fire in the hole is cooked. Gaining promotion via another team’s misfortune is never going to win you any fans. This coupled with the fact that their team is actually the Cookers ressies ressies tells me that unfortunately the best chant in the comp will not be heard too often. An obvious strength will be their fitness, fresh off a preseason on the track, Cookers will make teams work for their inevitable victories but that’s where the strengths finish. The best of the relegation battle.

Mayfield
    Grubbiest of them all. What a fall from grace these now third rate tigers have had. Once winning minors undefeated but still failing to make the big dance, Mayfield are determined as ever to finally win a grandy with their O35s team. They’ll be very experienced but lacking in every other part of the game. Grubby non-spectacles aplenty in these games.

Warners Bay
    Lol.

Bero
    Bye bye Bero. If their players, field and fans weren’t so shit I’d actually be sad. The days of Danny Burt and grand finals are long gone. I can’t see them winning many games nor can I see them returning anytime soon and we will see a few records be broken here, at the expense of Bero. Would happily see them replaced by Peter Haynes FC or do a day trip up to Nelson Bay.
    I’m a flog on the hill at Dudley, make sure you come say hello, we like your type 👊

That was a good read. Definitely got me a bit more excited for season!

Dudley knocked off Swansea in the FFA cup tonight. Suns take on Cardiff this weekend also. Good to see how the early season form is looking.
    It's football, not s***er!!