Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Suns Azzurri game sensational to watch.
    Will 2nd that was an excellent game to watch as a neutral Azzurri new goalkeeper signing looked solid as and made an unbelievable late fingertip save with the ball well past him onto the post to keep it at 1 all late in the game and at the other end Suns keeper also made a stunning save off a volley to keep them in it.

I caught a bit of nonsense from both sqauds at end of reggies but the 1st grade mate was highly entertaining with everyone shaking hands exhausted at the end of the match with nothing but high quality on the pitch and none of the stupid stuff. Well done to both teams was great to watch

Swansea 5 cooks hill 1
    Good game to watch score line doesn’t reflect the game, could’ve gone either way with Swansea’s keeper making some crucial saves then in the last 10 Swansea scored 3

Swansea vs Cooked Hill
    1sts. 5-1
    2nds 2-3
    3rds 1-1

Swansea score goals for fun despite the suspension of Will ‘ZPL bad boy’ McMaster. 2-1 at half time. Swansea in the second half dismantled Cooks hill and touched them up worse than newysports did to those underage victims

Although the bad boy was out of action he still managed to get the win for Swansea with his sideline antics getting into the heads of cooks hills goalkeeper and defenders with his relentless shit talk.

Honourable mention to Josh ‘Laviesta’ Laverty for his effort with passing. 2 passes completed from 18 attempts and got skinned multiple times. Thankfully cooks hills ability to finish is as good as Laviestas ability at Finnegans to pull a bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    Azzurri new goalkeeper signing looked solid as
    He's not the new signing, he's been there a while. The new signing played reserves and was sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    I caught a bit of nonsense from both sqauds at end of reggies but the 1st grade mate was highly entertaining with everyone shaking hands exhausted at the end of the match with nothing but high quality on the pitch and none of the stupid stuff. Well done to both teams was great to watch
    Seconded.

It was good that both 1st Grade squads were in their sheds when the carry on was happening, kept us well clear of it and we both just wanted to play.

1st Grade was a super enjoyable game to play in and both teams carried themselves superbly considering the previous game.

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    Seconded.

It was good that both 1st Grade squads were in their sheds when the carry on was happening, kept us well clear of it and we both just wanted to play.

1st Grade was a super enjoyable game to play in and both teams carried themselves superbly considering the previous game.
    Previous game was fun to play in. Just a lot of chat from some boys that probably struggle to count to 7.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Previous game was fun to play in. Just a lot of chat from some boys that probably struggle to count to 7.
    A few lads on both teams in Ressies who should be chatting less because their footballing ability clearly doesn’t match the talk.

Number 9 for Suns was clearly rattled by little guy in the midfield for Azzurri. Flattened the Azzurri Bloke with an extremely late tackle just before half time, clearly wasn’t happy with the banter being thrown his way. But then got poleaxed by Azzurri back up keeper when trying to follow through on a shot 🤷🏽*♂️

Suns ressies seemed to take the foot off the gas at HT. They were actually down 1-0 after about 15-20 but put 5 goals in the space of 20 minutes. Seemed like they were just trying to knock the ball around as much as they could second half, not too many shots/clear cut chances that I could recall.

A few lads on both teams in Ressies who should be chatting less because their footballing ability clearly doesn’t match the talk.

Number 9 for Suns was clearly rattled by little guy in the midfield for Azzurri. Flattened the Azzurri Bloke with an extremely late tackle just before half time, clearly wasn’t happy with the banter being thrown his way. But then got poleaxed by Azzurri back up keeper when trying to follow through on a shot 🤷🏽*♂️

Suns ressies seemed to take the foot off the gas at HT. They were actually down 1-0 after about 15-20 but put 5 goals in the space of 20 minutes. Seemed like they were just trying to knock the ball around as much as they could second half, not too many shots/clear cut chances that I could recall.
    They lead 5-1 finished 7-1. I’d say they had the game plan about right

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    They lead 5-1 finished 7-1. I’d say they had the game plan about right
    I would be pretty disappointed to only score 2 goals in the second half against 10 men though

I would be pretty disappointed to only score 2 goals in the second half against 10 men though
    Coming off the pitch winning 7-1 is never disappointing. Controlled the game in the second half, got a couple of goals and should have had more. It’s easy to lose a bit of killer instinct when you’re that far ahead.
    It’s all done now. Onto the next.

Heard that Suns ressies player (or players) stormed into Azzurri change room after the game to provoke the nonsense that followed. Any truth to this? Wtf

Surely suns are due some form of sanction from our nnswf overlords, two weeks in a row these flogs resort to physical violence.

One particular suns player and azzuri player were having verbals most of the game (that’s fine it happens a lot of games) after the game suns player was on the boundary fence with his wife and kid and the azzurri player just kept talking the worst sh1t to him in front of his family
    So he marched in the shed alone to confront him and escalated from there

In no way am I condoning violence and a punishment may be deserved but if you’re going to continue verbals like after a game (first of all you just lost 7-1 you shouldn’t be saying anything really) then don’t have a whinge to the cops when you get confronted in your shed especially after one of your players got sent off and jumped a fence to attack a spectator

Most people understand that you can control the behaviour of every single individual. The events last week has been dealt with internally. We take it very seriously and the sanction from the club was greater than that from the federation.

Whilst I don’t condone violence, I also don’t condone racist behaviour. Everyone has a limit and old mate from Azzurri didn’t shut his mouth from the first minute of the game until the last minute and beyond. Then he went too far. Absolutely no need for that rubbish to be said in 2021. Absolutely pathetic. Some of those players need to be more concentrated on their football rather than talking shit all game. That was very much reflected in the way the match went and the end result.
    Again, we will deal with it on our end and that’s nobody else’s business.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    He's not the new signing, he's been there a while. The new signing played reserves and was sent off.
    Oh really thanks for clarifying was only going from what i read on here they had a new keeper signed during the week. I must of missed the sendoff as i only got there just near fulltime of reserve grade so assumed he was the new guy in 1st grade.

well back to the games today

Warners Bay v Cardiff

1-2
    0-3
    1-2
    all to Cardiff.

Anyone got Dudley v Mayfield results?

Dudley v Mayfield
    3rds 1-1
    Res 2-2
    1st 2-4

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Dudley v Mayfield
    3rds 1-1
    Res 2-2
    1st 2-4
    Massive Results there. An extremely open comp. FoxSports have lost the rights to the A-League maybe they can start showing ZPL games instead!
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Massive Results there. An extremely open comp. FoxSports have lost the rights to the A-League maybe they can start showing ZPL games instead!
    It's been the best season for a long time. Quality across all grades as good as it's been. Long live ZPL.