Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Source View Post
    So Mayfield win this years Covid Cup we’ll done lads
    Heard around the traps they had ALOT unavailable for the last few weeks!

Wonder if suns still had to pay their players wages even though the last few rounds weren't played.

Might be a break even season for them🤷

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    Wonder if suns still had to pay their players wages even though the last few rounds weren't played.

Might be a break even season for them��
    Yeah we all got shouted $200 bonus vouchers to use at Hexham Bowling Club. That’s on top of the weekly wage. Suns have very deep pockets.
    It's football, not s***er!!

robbed of another final series. ffs
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    robbed of another final series. ffs
    So does Cooks Hill get relegated or did Covid save them

Any team who finished bottom should go down IF there's another team ready to go up. Played enough games.

But then again, will you make millions by going up lol.

Finally, to all the ZL lads who go out and play hard every week, we salute you, FIRE.

next year, back stronger!
    Last edited by Jim; 30-08-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Any team who finished bottom should go down IF there's another team ready to go up. Played enough games.

But then again, will you make millions by going up lol.

Finally, to all the ZL lads who go out and play hard every week, we salute you, FIRE.

next year, back stronger!
    I think it’s a bit stiff to go down considering how close it was and two games in hand.
    Such a deflating end to what was a pretty good season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I think it’s a bit stiff to go down considering how close it was and two games in hand.
    Such a deflating end to what was a pretty good season.
    First place in the lower divisions always deserve to be promoted and last place always deserves to be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    First place in the lower divisions always deserve to be promoted and last place always deserves to be relegated.
    The season didn't finish mate. And it's not like there was a clear winner in the division below, could have been either one of two clubs had the last two games been played.

Mini pre season tournament
    Losers of cooks hill v kotara play the winners of new Lambton v merewether
    Winner plays ZPL (maybe over 2 legs)

The season didn't finish mate. And it's not like there was a clear winner in the division below, could have been either one of two clubs had the last two games been played.
    Two COVID draws should not prevent the premiers of the lower division being promoted. That would be cruel

Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    Two COVID draws should not prevent the premiers of the lower division being promoted. That would be cruel
    Being relegated when you are just two points behind with 6 points to play for is more cruel. There wasn't even a guaranteed winner in ZL1. Could have been one of two teams.

Being relegated when you are just two points behind with 6 points to play for is more cruel. There wasn't even a guaranteed winner in ZL1. Could have been one of two teams.
    Talking to someone in the know today promotion and relegation will happen based on the fact the majority of season was completed and club shouldn’t be relying on results of two games.

I’d be curious to know if there’s any major differences between playing ZPL or ZL1,2,3 from an administrative perspective.
    - sponsorships? (I imagine most clubs have a deal with a pub/club that wouldn’t really be affected)
    - players? Presuming 80% don’t get any reimbursement or very little $$, would clubs expect to lose a number of their players if relegated?
    Anything else?

You’d think a team losing majority of their matches would prefer to enjoy more wins in a lower division. At least for a year, than struggle away again.
    Maybe some 2 legged playoff games/round robin to begin the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’d be curious to know if there’s any major differences between playing ZPL or ZL1,2,3 from an administrative perspective.
    - sponsorships? (I imagine most clubs have a deal with a pub/club that wouldn’t really be affected)
    - players? Presuming 80% don’t get any reimbursement or very little $$, would clubs expect to lose a number of their players if relegated?
    Anything else?

You’d think a team losing majority of their matches would prefer to enjoy more wins in a lower division. At least for a year, than struggle away again.
    Maybe some 2 legged playoff games/round robin to begin the season.
    I think the biggest one is ZL1/2 where ZL1 has third grade and ZL2 does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think the biggest one is ZL1/2 where ZL1 has third grade and ZL2 does not.
    A fair few of us in 2s have all age squads that can fill the gap.

I'm involved in one of those 2 Zl1 team and I actually tend to agree.
    I think a full season does need to be played to have promotion and relegation. As you say, pretty cruel for a team to get relegated when they have 6 points to play for. This is a personal opinion only though, my club may feel very differently.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    I'm involved in one of those 2 Zl1 team and I actually tend to agree.
    I think a full season does need to be played to have promotion and relegation. As you say, pretty cruel for a team to get relegated when they have 6 points to play for. This is a personal opinion only though, my club may feel very differently.
    That's right. I don't play for any of the teams in the relegation battle, but you look at all years gone by and there are upsets with teams fighting to stay up and it always goes down to the last day. No one has earned the right to go up or down until all games have been played.

Coming from Cooks Hill I see it both ways. I believe that the bottom team should be relegated. But i think how we calculate the bottom might be better done through Club Championship Points rather than 1st grade only. Suns get thrown a whole lot of shit about paying players but look at their performance in the lower grades. Even if you believe they paying match payments to players, which i dont, that wouldn't account for them being solid right down to the 50th man. On the other side of the equation look at Beresfield or South Kotara. Uniformly poor performance across all 3 grades for the last 2 seasons. But that's not the system we have, and We (cooks) knew that going in.

Unfortunately I think the associations have made the decision without actually knowing or considering it. By announcing all the premiers for each division off the games that where played ( therefore saying these teams are promoted) how could they the go and so that last place won’t be deemed as the relegated party. ( unless they hold off promotion and relegation which would cause a stir). Look at ZL2 1&2 separated by 1 point with 3 games to go last and second last separated by 2 and had to play each other in the last game. I think by naming the premiers that then has doomed the current last place teams.