Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Round 1 Predictions

Swansea 1-3 Kotara
    Upset of the round. No Maguire = no attacking threat. 1-1 at half time and the younger legs to snatch 2 in the last 10 minutes. Start of a long, long season for the Swans.

Warners Bay 1 - 4 Azzurri
    Will have all the possession and possess to much quality up front not to score goals. Always prone to an error but they will far to strong for a unknown Warners Bay.

Mayfield 3-3 Cooks Hill
    Six goal thriller on the cards with all supporters to look upwards if the want to see the ball and advised to book in to see a Chiropractor on Monday.

Suns 4-0 Beresfield
    Suns will be strong and will comfortably. The only question is will Bero pick up more yellow cards than goals conceded. I think yes.

Dudley 5-1 Cardiff
    Early form would suggest Dudley are favourites and will win this. Cardiff will try hard but ultimately wont mean a thing. Shame Optus aren't there, I am sure the country would love to see the reaction from a resounding loss.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    Round 1 Predictions

Swansea 1-3 Kotara
    Upset of the round. No Maguire = no attacking threat. 1-1 at half time and the younger legs to snatch 2 in the last 10 minutes. Start of a long, long season for the Swans.

Warners Bay 1 - 4 Azzurri
    Will have all the possession and possess to much quality up front not to score goals. Always prone to an error but they will far to strong for a unknown Warners Bay.

Mayfield 3-3 Cooks Hill
    Six goal thriller on the cards with all supporters to look upwards if the want to see the ball and advised to book in to see a Chiropractor on Monday.

Suns 4-0 Beresfield
    Suns will be strong and will comfortably. The only question is will Bero pick up more yellow cards than goals conceded. I think yes.

Dudley 5-1 Cardiff
    Early form would suggest Dudley are favourites and will win this. Cardiff will try hard but ultimately wont mean a thing. Shame Optus aren't there, I am sure the country would love to see the reaction from a resounding loss.
    Didn't Warners Bay only get beat 3-2 against Westy in the Cup this week. Azzurri definitely not as strong this year as last. Maybe this one might be a close affair.

Round 1

Swansea v Kotara
    This will be a good test for Kotara back in the comp after last year. The experience of a few of the Swansea boys like Bevo might be enough
    Swansea 1-0

Warners Bay v Azzurri
    Azzurri have been very quiet this off season and had an early ffa cup loss. Warners Bay coming back in the comp will find this a test. The blues defense could be their Achilles heel
    Azzurri 2-1

Mayfield v Cookers
    This could be the battle between 7v8. It’s hard seeing these 2 pushing the top 4. I think Cooks Hill will try snd play football a little more.
    Draw 1-1

Suns v Bero
    It’s hard to see any way that the Suns lose this but Bero are their bogey side. Suns have made some quality signings and I think are looking good for the top 2.
    Suns 3-0

Dudley v Cardiff
    This should be a good test for Dudley after a year off. The forum is going wild for Dudley. Let’s not forget Cardiff won the comp last year and have added to their squad. This won’t be a cake walk that others predict
    Dudley 1-0

Swansea 3-1 Kotara

Warners Bay 0-3 Azzurri

Mayfield 1-2 Cooks Hill

Suns 4-0 Beresfield

Dudley 4-1 Cardiff
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Let’s not forget Cardiff won the significantly weakened COVID-19 shortened meaningless comp last year
    Fixed.
    Let's not forget Cardiff only played 11 games to sneak it on the final day. Hardly worth the Optus Sports circus.
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Warner’s Bay v Azzurri
    3rds 3-2
    2nds 4-2
    1sts 1-2

Mayf v Cooks
    3rds 0-1
    Res 2-2
    1sts 0-0

Dudley v Cardiff
    First grade 4-1 Dudley
    Reserves 2-0 cardiff
    Thirds 5-1 Dudley

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Dudley v Cardiff
    First grade 4-1 Dudley
    Reserves 2-0 cardiff
    Thirds 5-1 Dudley
    Dudley's FB page says 6-1 for thirds?

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    Dudley's FB page says 6-1 for thirds?
    I must of missed a goal

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Suns vs Bero
    3rds 4-0
    Res 2-3
    1st 2-1
    Novocastria Youth

ZPL Tipping

1 point for each correct result guess and a bonus point for a correct score.

After Round 1.

1st - The Hacker = 6
    2nd - Jim. = 5
    2nd - Bleachers. = 5
    3rd - Haircut. = 4
    3rd - Hornigold. = 4
    3rd - gtg. = 4
    3rd - TheBigCheese = 4
    3rd - Cognitio. = 4
    Last edited by Cognitio; 19-04-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    ZPL Tipping

1 point for each correct result guess and a bonus point for a correct score.

After Round 1.

1st - The Hacker = 6
    2nd - Jim. = 5
    2nd - Bleachers. = 5
    3rd - Haircut. = 4
    3rd - Hornigold. = 4
    3rd - gtg. = 4
    3rd - TheBigCheese = 4
    3rd - Cognitio. = 4
    I like this Cognitio it will keep the interest each week.

I think what we may have learnt from the weekend is that it could be a fairly even comp. Bero and the Bay weren’t blown off the park like we all thought may of happened. If your not switched on each week no matter which team your playing you may be in for a few losses.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I like this Cognitio it will keep the interest each week.

I think what we may have learnt from the weekend is that it could be a fairly even comp. Bero and the Bay weren’t blown off the park like we all thought may of happened. If your not switched on each week no matter which team your playing you may be in for a few losses.
    Beresfield will surprise a lot of people if they keep that squad on the park they will do well goalkeeper for them was unbelievable also made about 3-5 world class saves

Quote Originally Posted by FatKeeper View Post
    Beresfield will surprise a lot of people if they keep that squad on the park they will do well goalkeeper for them was unbelievable also made about 3-5 world class saves
    That's a big call, 3-5 world class saves? The best keepers in the world don't do 3-5 world class saves in a game. Let alone a guy playing 3rd division football in Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    That's a big call, 3-5 world class saves? The best keepers in the world don't do 3-5 world class saves in a game. Let alone a guy playing 3rd division football in Newcastle
    One in the first half was. Had a busy day though and made some great saves. A late deflected free kick made for a nervy end in what should have been a comfortable win. Bero battled hard for 90 minutes though to stay in the game.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    What I was getting at is the bloke had game of his life he pulled off some great saves that kept them in the game was 0-0 at half time suns could have been up by 3-4 easy but keeper was on fire for them.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKeeper View Post
    What I was getting at is the bloke had game of his life he pulled off some great saves that kept them in the game was 0-0 at half time suns could have been up by 3-4 easy but keeper was on fire for them.
    Big call. On fire, really?
    Most keeper worldwide aren’t on fire during games, so I doubt some dude playing in 3rd division football in Newcastle was on fire.
    Anyway, I hope he’s okay and somebody was able to put him out promptly

Sorry, I thought we were reading comments very literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Big call. On fire, really?
    Most keeper worldwide aren’t on fire during games, so I doubt some dude playing in 3rd division football in Newcastle was on fire.
    Anyway, I hope he’s okay and somebody was able to put him out promptly

Sorry, I thought we were reading comments very literally.
    Thankfully we had firefighters on hand to prevent this escalating into something more serious, like a draw...
    It's football, not s***er!!

Round 2

Swansea v Azzuri. Both teams coming off the back of tight wins against so called lesser opponents. Goals in the fixtures last year and I imagine it to be the same again.
    Draw 2-3

Suns v Cooks Hill. Suns could have won by plenty according to reports. Cooks Hill kept a clean sheet but this is big step up.
    Suns 4-0

Cardiff v Mayfield. Cardiff have questions to answer after last weeks loss. If they don't win this then back to back dream has turned into into a nightmare after round 2. I expect a big rocket from the coach and a hard fought win.
    Cardiff 2-0

Dudley v Kotara. Dudley certainly lived up to the preseason hype with a convincing win in round 1. Kotara got edged out 2-1 by Swansea. If Dudley are the benchmark then they will be far to strong.
    Dudley 5-0

Beresfield v Warner Bay. This is the big game of the weekend. The battle of the predicted bottom 2 has come very early and this could be a 6 pointer. Both teams to try hard and scrap a draw.
    Draw 1-1