Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

I just don’t think promotion and relegation should happen this year due to the circumstances.
    The only exception would be if there were clubs voluntarily wanting to do go down a division due to players numbers or something which has happened in the past.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I just don’t think promotion and relegation should happen this year due to the circumstances.
    The only exception would be if there were clubs voluntarily wanting to do go down a division due to players numbers or something which has happened in the past.
    Is that similar to not being able to field 3 grades week in, week out...

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Is that similar to not being able to field 3 grades week in, week out...
    Well yes, maybe if you are forfeiting games, you are probably more deserving of being relegated than a club who gets three grades out every week.

Well yes, maybe if you are forfeiting games, you are probably more deserving of being relegated than a club who gets three grades out every week.
    Let's relegate Swansea then and save everyone the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Unfortunately I think the associations have made the decision without actually knowing or considering it. By announcing all the premiers for each division off the games that where played ( therefore saying these teams are promoted) how could they the go and so that last place won’t be deemed as the relegated party. ( unless they hold off promotion and relegation which would cause a stir). Look at ZL2 1&2 separated by 1 point with 3 games to go last and second last separated by 2 and had to play each other in the last game. I think by naming the premiers that then has doomed the current last place teams.
    Different circumstances (to a degree) to last year but last year there was no promotion/relegation.
    Both interrupted by COVID and last season premiers were named, but relegation and promotion didn't take place.
    It will be interesting to see what the association decides, and someone will blow up either way.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Different circumstances (to a degree) to last year but last year there was no promotion/relegation.
    Both interrupted by COVID and last season premiers were named, but relegation and promotion didn't take place.
    It will be interesting to see what the association decides, and someone will blow up either way.
    I guess with last year, it was known at the start of the season that promotion/relegation was off the table due to the fact a number of teams had pulled out and in the lower two comps they were combined. But this year everyone went into the season with the understanding it would be in place.

But I do agree no matter what way they lean someone will be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I guess with last year, it was known at the start of the season that promotion/relegation was off the table due to the fact a number of teams had pulled out and in the lower two comps they were combined. But this year everyone went into the season with the understanding it would be in place.

But I do agree no matter what way they lean someone will be upset.
    I think the relegated club would be more upset. None of the divisions had a guaranteed premier in first grade and none had a guaranteed last place finisher either.
    Barnsley in ZL1 (lbottom by 5 points) and Lake Mac in ZL3 (First by 7 points) are the only ones that would be fair enough to be relegated or promoted.
    All the other divisions, battle for first and last place are all separated by 1 or 2 points.

I think the relegated club would be more upset. None of the divisions had a guaranteed premier in first grade and none had a guaranteed last place finisher either.
    Barnsley in ZL1 (lbottom by 5 points) and Lake Mac in ZL3 (First by 7 points) are the only ones that would be fair enough to be relegated or promoted.
    All the other divisions, battle for first and last place are all separated by 1 or 2 points.
    I don’t disagree it would be rough to actually relegate anyone this season considering how close it was at the bottom. I was only bringing it up as they could easily use that as an excuse to relegate.

In the end I think the only grade a decision needs to be made on is ZPL to ZL1. ( unless someone has been struggling to field all grades.)

ZL1 only has 9 so don’t relegate anyone just add 1st from ZL2 to fill the numbers to 10 then promote 1st in ZL3 to fill the numbers in 2’s. That would keep most happy I guess..

Not often someone from Dudley will side with someone from the Suns but I do here. I think it’s very stiff for a team to be relegated with them not having the opportunity to play everyone twice. The team last may have played all the harder sides and the last 2 were softer games than second last. Comp wasn’t completed so relegation should be off the table

Banned
    Nah.

Cookers, last, played the other bottom 3 teams twice.

Lost both to Wbay, lost both to Kotara, lost 1 won 1 v bero but lost of goal diff.

Send Cookers down and forget the sob story

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Nah.

Cookers, last, played the other bottom 3 teams twice.

Lost both to Wbay, lost both to Kotara, lost 1 won 1 v bero but lost of goal diff.

Send Cookers down and forget the sob story
    ahahaha see ya!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    ahahaha see ya!
    cry time?

Cookers will be ok. They are all about NPL now.

Curious, what happens with the other clubs who pay their players? Do they get paid out for the rest of the season anyways or do payments stop? Can someone from the Suns or Bero let us know?

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    Curious, what happens with the other clubs who pay their players? Do they get paid out for the rest of the season anyways or do payments stop? Can someone from the Suns or Bero let us know?
    You trying to work out what to do about Dudley's player payments mate?? Don't ask anyone from the sun$ they've never paid a player, ever!

covid payments to take over game payments

Even with no football played, everyone in lockdown there's still hate being thrown around. Absolute snorefest.

Even with no football played, everyone in lockdown there's still hate being thrown around. Absolute snorefest.
    As someone from Dudley I dislike the Suns as much as the next bloke but they pay a few regos like a few clubs do. It’s like 2yr old news. Let’s freshen it up

Any coaching or player moves. Any truth to Alex Kantarovski joining the Suns

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Any truth to Alex Kantarovski joining the Suns
    Surely he'd be just playing for the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Surely he'd be just playing for the shirt.
    You can think what you want mate. I find all your posts entertaining, so please keep up the great work.
    Kanta has hardly played at all over the last few years. He is good mates with plenty of us boys at the Suns. No matter where he chooses to play his football, all he will be worried about is actually playing, not money. Poor bloke has had a horrible run of injuries and playing games will be his first priority. He's still more than capable to earn a buck at NPL level if that's what his preference is.

You can think what you want mate. I find all your posts entertaining, so please keep up the great work.
    Kanta has hardly played at all over the last few years. He is good mates with plenty of us boys at the Suns. No matter where he chooses to play his football, all he will be worried about is actually playing, not money. Poor bloke has had a horrible run of injuries and playing games will be his first priority. He's still more than capable to earn a buck at NPL level if that's what his preference is.
    Kantarovski will not be joining the suns I can 100% tell you that will be joining a new club soon in the top grade way to good of a talent to be at the suns just yet