Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Swansea 0 - 3 Dudley
    Azzurri 2 - 1 Cardiff
    Bero 1 - 0 Cooks Hill
    Warners bay 0 - 1 Mayfield
    Kotara 1- 6 Suns
    Last edited by gtg; 22-05-2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: forgot to add a 3 to dudley

Has it been confirmed the swamp has been called out today

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Has it been confirmed the swamp has been called out today
    I’ve heard that it has been not a great look to be honest if that’s the case. There hasn’t been that much rain has there?

Cardiff must be fuming but at least the game gets rescheduled unlike the COVID CUP winning year.

Swamp is called off today.

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    I’ve heard that it has been not a great look to be honest if that’s the case. There hasn’t been that much rain has there?

Cardiff must be fuming but at least the game gets rescheduled unlike the COVID CUP winning year.
    i was in shortland at the driving range, so decided as its close to duck up there (1st time i have ever checked someone else's ground out in over 30 years of football) and have a look, it is dryer than our ground, bone farkin dry, not a puddle, nothing.

facebook post to us said "ground to wet, goalmouths are a mess" this game was called before 730am today, just saying.

the word is they didn't want to play 5 games on it this weekend as they have four games in a row at home, they didnt want to wreck the ground, so they called ZPL off so they can play there women's teams tomorrow.

When Barnsley did this a couple of years ago, called it off prematurely the powers that be went and looked at,(who was that against?) it oh sorry forgot this is a newcastle Football club isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    i was in shortland at the driving range, so decided as its close to duck up there (1st time i have ever checked someone else's ground out in over 30 years of football) and have a look, it is dryer than our ground, bone farkin dry, not a puddle, nothing.

facebook post to us said "ground to wet, goalmouths are a mess" this game was called before 730am today, just saying.

the word is they didn't want to play 5 games on it this weekend as they have four games in a row at home, they didnt want to wreck the ground, so they called ZPL off so they can play there women's teams tomorrow.

When Barnsley did this a couple of years ago, called it off prematurely the powers that be went and looked at,(who was that against?) it oh sorry forgot this is a newcastle Football club isn't it.
    Rumour has it they were missing a few including the keeper.
    Washout is hard to believe when you look up in the sky and there isn’t a cloud

Swansea v Dudley
    3rds 1-7
    Res 2-4
    1sts 3-1

Big win for Swansea, any news on that game?

You make a lot of assumptions on hearsay.

Our women’s games are off tomorrow as well, so that’s your first myth debunked.

We’ve been advised by our association that games need to be called as early as possible in the morning, this is to allow for the opposition and referees to be notified. Then referees can be allocated elsewhere if need be.

The pitch was absolutely not “bone dry” but I acknowledge your opinion will not change there, you bleed orange.

We were at full strength (apart from coach red card vs Cooks Hill but that suspension rolls on) and wanted to play the game as well. However you don’t know the field and if games went ahead today, by 3.00pm you would be blowing up about the state of the pitch and it would be an injury waiting to happen.

A blue word against an orange word and no doubt as you will scream louder, your voice will probably be heard. However that doesn’t mean you are correct.

Is this a case of Covid Cup karma. Didn't something similar happen to the Cardiff vs Azzurri game last season when Azzurri were playing well and Cardiff not so well?

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    Rather not discuss it tbh!

Regarding the hexham debacle, I donÂ’t see the issueÂ… I know a few teams who would enjoy the week off. Seems that injuries are plaguing the league. My guess is itÂ’s due to the wet summer leading to many sessions being called off. That pitch at hexham is terrible too. My parents live in the area and we sometimes take the kids down for a kick at the park. ItÂ’s ALWAYS wet.

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    We’ve been advised by our association that games need to be called as early as possible in the morning, this is to allow for the opposition and referees to be notified. Then referees can be allocated elsewhere if need be.
    I don’t believe the association would be begging you to call games off early just so referees can go elsewhere.

Washouts happen every season though & the game will get played. I think its all just a case of nothing to see here and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    Dudley looked like they were missing a few with the big centre back, 2 in the middle of the park and 2 up front not playing from games I’ve previously seen. Swansea with no Bevo. Swansea got 2 in the first 10min. Pretty even next 80min but the better side on the day won

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    You make a lot of assumptions on hearsay.

Our women’s games are off tomorrow as well, so that’s your first myth debunked.

The pitch was absolutely not “bone dry” but I acknowledge your opinion will not change there, you bleed orange.

We were at full strength (apart from coach red card vs Cooks Hill but that suspension rolls on) and wanted to play the game as well. However you don’t know the field and if games went ahead today, by 3.00pm you would be blowing up about the state of the pitch and it would be an injury waiting to happen.

A blue word against an orange word and no doubt as you will scream louder, your voice will probably be heard. However that doesn’t mean you are correct.
    lovely response there.
    if your women's games are off tomorrow that's an even bigger joke than today.
    Zone league have until either 9 or 930am to call games off, that's a fact....community must call there games before 730am or earlier, might even 630
    original msg we get and i quote "the ground is to wet to play, ground is soft under foot, goalmouths are a mess"
    another txt we get from one of your players(who will not name) mentions saving the ground as you have 4 home games in a row and the ground will be shit after that, well ???
    its round 6 for christ sake...hope we dont get a wet weather front....
    i dont really care game is called off, just get your story right, if your full strength or half strength, i don't care about that either, just get your story right and yes i do bleed tangerine, also red & white of the gunners.

if i am correct or incorrect, this is what i was sent, this is what i read and when i walked the ground, it was not wet, damp or anyway unplayable, no screaming, .....cheers

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Dudley looked like they were missing a few with the big centre back, 2 in the middle of the park and 2 up front not playing from games I’ve previously seen. Swansea with no Bevo. Swansea got 2 in the first 10min. Pretty even next 80min but the better side on the day won
    I think Swansea had a few out to, their gk and bevo 2 noticeable
    Sounds like a good day of football at Chapman none the less

Banned
    lovely response there.
    if your women's games are off tomorrow that's an even bigger joke than today.
    Zone league have until either 9 or 930am to call games off, that's a fact....community must call there games before 730am or earlier, might even 630
    original msg we get and i quote "the ground is to wet to play, ground is soft under foot, goalmouths are a mess"
    another txt we get from one of your players(who will not name) mentions saving the ground as you have 4 home games in a row and the ground will be shit after that, well ???
    its round 6 for christ sake...hope we dont get a wet weather front....
    i dont really care game is called off, just get your story right, if your full strength or half strength, i don't care about that either, just get your story right and yes i do bleed tangerine, also red & white of the gunners.

if i am correct or incorrect, this is what i was sent, this is what i read and when i walked the ground, it was not wet, damp or anyway unplayable, no screaming, .....cheers
    TXK trying to deny actual observation. Usual BS story from those wackers

In other news Will McMaster self titled ‘the goat’ for Swansea is in red hot form.
    In 6 games he has;
    11 Goals
    3 Yellow cards for dissent
    147 Tantrums
    34 Flops
    89 Missed chances
    11 Shit goal celebrations

Can someone please put his ego in check

Quote Originally Posted by The Debt Collector View Post
    In other news Will McMaster self titled ‘the goat’ for Swansea is in red hot form.
    In 6 games he has;
    11 Goals
    3 Yellow cards for dissent
    147 Tantrums
    34 Flops
    89 Missed chances
    11 Shit goal celebrations

Can someone please put his ego in check
    11 goals in six games is a crazy record. What's so bad about his goal celebration by the way?

Kotara v Suns
    3rds 1-2
    Res 0-6
    1sts 1-5

WB v Mayf
    3rds 2-2
    Res 2-2
    1sts 2-3