Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    Couldn’t be happier to see the boys from Hexham lose to a pretty poor Kotara side.
    Warner’s bay and Cardiff finally get some results. Dudley vs suns looked to be a tight game but by the sounds of it suns having the better of Dudley through out most of the game.
    Swansea grind out a result against mayfield.
    Any news on why cooks hill are struggling so much?
    I’d suggest the answer is the same as a few teams. Their best 11 are mid table at best and without the depth even if you take out 1 or 2 from the best 11 they become a bottom of the ladder team

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    Agreed on third grade red card. Suns player tries to superman punch, lucky he didn’t connect. No idea what he was thinking and then tells the ref he didn’t do anything when shown the red card
    Was this an attempted coward punch / king hit? Did he have an air swing or something?

Weekend Conclusions.

No-one knows or cares who Will McMaster is except The Debt Collector.

Cooks Hill should use their reserve grade defenders in first grade more often as they are the only grade that has kept a clean sheet.

Evans Park was the place to be for goals with 21 score with a 50m contender for own goal of the year. Please Dear Sweet Baby Jesus let someone have footage and share.

Myers Park was the place for punch ups.

Word is out this is the most interesting page on this forum with the tipping competition the buzz of Newcastle Football.

Warners Bay thrash Cooks Hill, Kotara stun Azzuri and Mayfield v Swansea sent everyone home bored and grateful they didn't have to pay to watch.

Plenty of banter, few beers and I hope everyone enjoyed. God bless the ZPL.

Jaliens gives me the horn

[QUOTE=THEBIGCHEESE;248240]Weekend Conclusions.

Evans Park was the place to be for goals with 21 score with a 50m contender for own goal of the year. Please Dear Sweet Baby Jesus let someone have footage and share.

sorry bigcheese, no footage, but that's his second OG in 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Was this an attempted coward punch / king hit? Did he have an air swing or something?
    It was a coward punch/king hit. Luckily more grazed probably luck for his sake. One of the Dudley players dished out some justice

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    It was a coward punch/king hit. Luckily more grazed probably luck for his sake. One of the Dudley players dished out some justice
    Surely the judiciary will throw the book at the grub. Society has worked really hard to eliminate this sort of act from the community after some deaths. We don't need some grub going around doing this crap.

I acknowledge that the Suns have come out and spoken against the players behaviour and that's responsible. Unfortunately for the Dudley player he will also face the music but given the circumstances should get some dispensation.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Surely the judiciary will throw the book at the grub. Society has worked really hard to eliminate this sort of act from the community after some deaths. We don't need some grub going around doing this crap.

I acknowledge that the Suns have come out and spoken against the players behaviour and that's responsible. Unfortunately for the Dudley player he will also face the music but given the circumstances should get some dispensation.
    There will be punishment from the federation and then from the club. We will wait to see what comes of it. Don’t feel there’s any need to continue on with it, as everyone is on the same page.
    I think the dispensation comes from that only one Dudley player out of the three that ran in with punches got a red card. And I don’t have an issue with a couple of guys getting away with it. Had I been on the pitch and on the other side, I would have done the same.

We as a club have cracked down on our discipline and that brain snap is just our first red across all grades this season. I know a lot of other clubs have been much worse than that!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    There will be punishment from the federation and then from the club. We will wait to see what comes of it. Don’t feel there’s any need to continue on with it, as everyone is on the same page.
    I think the dispensation comes from that only one Dudley player out of the three that ran in with punches got a red card. And I don’t have an issue with a couple of guys getting away with it. Had I been on the pitch and on the other side, I would have done the same.

We as a club have cracked down on our discipline and that brain snap is just our first red across all grades this season. I know a lot of other clubs have been much worse than that!
    Well said. I think any team mate would do the same as the Dudley guys. I heard the Suns own team mates were extremely vocal towards him post game for the action which I take my hat off to. First red card in 20 plus games across all grades is impressive.

If there's no footage of this alleged 50m own goal could someone who was there at least talk the rest of us through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    If there's no footage of this alleged 50m own goal could someone who was there at least talk the rest of us through it?
    Well just imagine your teeing off at waratah 1st hole and your ball hits the mines rescue sheds across the road.
    That's about it....basically..
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 01-06-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Footage would have been unreal and turned him into a cult hero.

But my imagination of old mate having a huge shank and his face when he realises its going in will have to do.

Far better topic of conversation than the altercation that we can only hope is a one incident for the season.

Now for the real reason we come here. Update on the tipping please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Well just imagine your teeing off at waratah 1st hole and your ball hits the mines rescue sheds across the road.
    That's about it....basically..
    As good as Roy Drinkwater’s Peck?

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    As good as Roy Drinkwater’s Peck?
    shit that was a beauty wasn't it, definitely up there with that famous OG, hard to say.

The goal in question can be seen from 10' mark almost exactly.
    Appropriate music accompanies said goal

Also of note, 2 interesting tackles back to back: 9' and 9'24'.

I remember the game the 2nd one occured.
    1981:- We were down 0-2 and coming back. Get to 1-2 and after that tackle on Fashanu,
    he goes off and we scored a late one for 2-2. Felt like a win.

Game stats here from Ozfootball
    http://www.ozfootball.net/ark/NSL/1981/Round23.html
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

ZPL Tipping after Round 7

1st - The Hacker = 22 points
    2nd - Cognitio = 21 points
    3rd - Bleachers = 20 points
    4th - Haircut = 19 points
    5th - Jim = 18 points
    6th - THEBIGCHEESE. 16 points
    6th - gtg = 16 points
    6th - Cabaye#4 = 16 points
    9th - MEFA1984 = 13 points
    9th - Hornigold = 13 points
    11th - 123 = 10 points

*123, gtg and Hornigold given lowest score of 1 points for not topping.
    *Next round (round 8) is double points round.

Any truth to the rumour that Azzurri have just signed an NPL player?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamer_9910 View Post
    Any truth to the rumour that Azzurri have just signed an NPL player?
    Is it Joel Wood now Valentine kicked him out

Their socials showed a new goalkeeper that was not in the usual names for there kotara game not sure where from but

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    Their socials showed a new goalkeeper that was not in the usual names for there kotara game not sure where from but
    One of our old keepers from the Suns.
    It's football, not s***er!!