Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    What a disgrace this competition is.
    So Azzurri can call off an entire day, Cardiff complain, no penalty.
    Kotara try do the right thing and play, get 2 grades played, but then decide their brand new $120k government funded pitch can't handle another game (it's only been open less than 2 months), so they consult refs to call it off, do so. At least it's only one replay instead of all 3 grades.
    Penalised by a FORFEIT.
    Now Swansea have 4 out of 1sts, but they're allowed to postpone 1sts but play lower grades, but yet have 6 out of Res & 3rds but are still playing lower grades? They forfeited their 3rd grade pre-covid due to lack of numbers. Why is this any different.
    Suns play yesterday, pitch is now completely ruined, but precedent is set that once you kick off 3rds, you just play regardless.
    Any other double standards I'm missing?

Name one club who hasn't had to play multiple reserve graders in 3rds, or call on all age/o35s to fill 3rds at some point. Tough luck. Play on.
    You sound a bit sour mate, I hope your ok

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    Makes a fair point though, no?

I think in squad competitions, the lowest grade should be the one forfeited if numbers are a problem.
    And a washout should be replayed if match officials say the ground is not suitable. If clubs call the ground out, the opposition should be entitled to ask for a independent review and/or propose an alternative venue depending upon the circumstances and when a decision was made.
    Fine balance between trying to get games played and protecting fields.
    COVID rules are in place to protect players and clubs from playing sick players who would rather play than to stay home and isolate etc. I guess they are there to take advantage of, but hopefully not the case for the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Makes a fair point though, no?
    I agree it’s a good point. I think it’s a disgrace Swansea get the 3 point. We all saw the photo of the water. And with such an investment from the council I think Kotara as a club tried to do the right thing. I’m surprised they don’t appeal considering the relegation battle they are in

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    That’s just first grade, reserves and 3rds have 6 out aswell mate, with players from all age playing 3rds. As for the first graders they have the weekend off, more then welcome to look at the lineups. Does that help your curious mind “brother”.

Rules are rules, NF need to advise swansea or anyone else that they need to play their highest grades and forfeit 3rds. Every club goes through a stage when straggling for players on weekends, it’s Swansea’s miss fortune that they have staff and players on the coast and not the rest of the comps problem so, grow some balls NF and make them play 1st and Ressies.
    Simple, everyone will be happy.

On another note wish old mate from Cardiff a speedy recovery from the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    Rules are rules, NF need to advise swansea or anyone else that they need to play their highest grades and forfeit 3rds. Every club goes through a stage when straggling for players on weekends, it’s Swansea’s miss fortune that they have staff and players on the coast and not the rest of the comps problem so, grow some balls NF and make them play 1st and Ressies.
    Simple, everyone will be happy.

On another note wish old mate from Cardiff a speedy recovery from the weekend.
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    What happened?
    the player broke his fibula and torn ligaments about 30 seconds out from halftime.

Haven’t all clubs had to play short at one point? There’s been times we’ve wished we only had 3 or 4 players out and 23 players available for 3 grades
    Played 3rds, backed up for ressies with only 1 or 2 fresh players for that grades a few times with some gutsy unforgettable wins to come from it

Anyways wishing the Cardiff player a quick recovery and back on the pitch for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Haven’t all clubs had to play short at one point? There’s been times we’ve wished we only had 3 or 4 players out and 23 players available for 3 grades
    Played 3rds, backed up for ressies with only 1 or 2 fresh players for that grades a few times with some gutsy unforgettable wins to come from it
    Completely agree. As long as I’ve played ID/Zone League Football, backing up and teams being short has always been part and parcel of the competitions. In my experience anyway.
    Last edited by TXK; 12-07-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post

Anyways wishing the Cardiff player a quick recovery and back on the pitch for 2022
    I see Northern are making Valo and Weston have to play from this weekend so no missing games due to restrictions so probably means Swansea are going to have to start playing

Hopefully for the competitions sake everyone is back playing. Does that mean Dudley will also start playing again? They’ve played less games than Swansea in the past 2 weeks!!

Round 14 - Double points round.

Swansea v Suns - 3-1 Suns
    Azzuri v Cooks Hill - 4-0 Azzuri
    Beresfield v Mayfield - 2-0 Mayfield
    Warner’s Bay v Dudley - 2-0 Dudley
    Kotara v Cardiff - 3-2 Kotara

Round 14.
    Swansea 2 - Suns 2
    Azzuri 3 - Cooks Hill 2
    Bero 0 - Mayfield 3
    W. Bay 0 - Dudley 2
    Kotara 1 - Cardiff 3

Rd 14
    Swansea 1 - 2 Suns
    Azzuri 3 - 2 Cooks Hill
    Bero 1 - 2 Mayfield
    W. Bay 0 - 2 Dudley
    Kotara 1 - 2 Cardiff
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Good to see the association has made a new Swansea rule. Bit of a shame for all their 3rd grade forfeits going down as 0-0 though. Definitely a point gained for them and 2 dropped for the rest of us.

Tips
    Swansea 1 - 4 Suns
    Azzuri 2 - 0 Cooks Hill
    Bero 0 - 3 Mayfield
    W. Bay 0 - 2 Dudley
    Kotara 1 - 3 Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Good to see the association has made a new Swansea rule. Bit of a shame for all their 3rd grade forfeits going down as 0-0 though. Definitely a point gained for them and 2 dropped for the rest of us.
    Are they seriously getting a point every week. It should be play or it’s a loss

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Are they seriously getting a point every week. It should be play or it’s a loss
    not bad for a team that had already forfeited 3rd grade before Covid restrictions came in, free point....if they have players they should be made to play, Bero have been doing this all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    not bad for a team that had already forfeited 3rd grade before Covid restrictions came in, free point....if they have players they should be made to play, Bero have been doing this all year.
    Or if they aren’t returning this year from the start of round 2 of the comp every team gets 3 points