Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gelato View Post
    Watched the Dudley/Suns game. Three good games of football.
    I did notice though one of the Suns guys yell out to the Dudley bench about hiding their match balls while they were up 1-0. Any news on this?
    YES this was true, someone from the bench went to retrieve the ball put it under this jumper like he was shoplifting a roast chicken, he looked so natural doing it, their coming first and thats their tactics.

They were also hiding the balls throughout Ressie and First grade. 🤣🤣🤣 pathetic. The biggest surprise was that complete wanker from Dudley reserve grade didn’t get sent off for his challenge on the Suns player is beyond me, one of the worst talks I’ve seen.

Times must be tough at dudley paying those players they couldn’t afford more that 1 match all at times.

Plus, the best joke of the day, the hills closed guys due to COVID 🤣🤣🤣🤣, reopens when all the locals are let out for the afternoon exercise break. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Last edited by YerMate; 03-08-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YerMate View Post
    YES this was true, someone from the bench went to retrieve the ball put it under this jumper like he was shoplifting a roast chicken, he looked so natural doing it, their coming first and thats their tactics.

They were also hiding the balls throughout Ressie and First grade. 🤣🤣🤣 pathetic. The biggest surprise was that complete wanker from Dudley reserve grade didn’t get sent off for his challenge on the Suns player is beyond me, one of the worst talks I’ve seen.

Times must be tough at dudley paying those players they couldn’t afford more that 1 match all at times.

Plus, the best joke of the day, the hills closed guys due to COVID 🤣🤣🤣🤣, reopens when all the locals are let out for the afternoon exercise break. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    They block the hill off cause that’s where all the locals stand every week and it’s named after a past team mate and in past years when Suns supporters have been there it’s been a little ‘heated’. I’d say clever to keep the supporters apart.
    The ref spoke to his linesman and both came up with yellow card as the punishment. I agree it should of been a red. Least it was a tackle which is part of soccer and is part of the game unlike the king hit from a Suns player in round 1 or you forgot about that already. So when it comes to this rivalry both teams have had some less than ideal incidents that I’m sure they both aren’t proud of.
    I would focus on the 2 games I saw were great games and Suns deserving the win in reserves. Some clubs would die for these reserve teams as their first grade squad. Dudley deserved a the win in first. Suns keeper was best on ground. If they all meet during the finals will be some excellent games

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    They block the hill off cause that’s where all the locals stand every week and it’s named after a past team mate and in past years when Suns supporters have been there it’s been a little ‘heated’. I’d say clever to keep the supporters apart.
    The ref spoke to his linesman and both came up with yellow card as the punishment. I agree it should of been a red. Least it was a tackle which is part of soccer and is part of the game unlike the king hit from a Suns player in round 1 or you forgot about that already. So when it comes to this rivalry both teams have had some less than ideal incidents that I’m sure they both aren’t proud of.
    I would focus on the 2 games I saw were great games and Suns deserving the win in reserves. Some clubs would die for these reserve teams as their first grade squad. Dudley deserved a the win in first. Suns keeper was best on ground. If they all meet during the finals will be some excellent games
    I missed last weekends game (and most of this season sadly). But the first game you were referring to, was that the one that saw Dudley receive 3 red cards in the third-grade game? (4 in total for the day).

That hill is behind the opposition bench and right next to where opposition supporters are. You want to intimidate teams, you best be ready for reciprocation. Plain stupid in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Sorry but there was nothing football about that tackle
    Very late, intent, high, two feet and studs (even had some Dudley players shaking their heads and saying “that was f$&ked”)
    For the record that suns player from the first round rightly hasn’t been allowed to play by the club since
    Last edited by Nou Camp; 04-08-2021 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Correction

To early to congratulate Mayfield on their Covid Cup 2021* win?

Too early.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    To early to congratulate Mayfield on their Covid Cup 2021* win?
    Way to

Heading rumours already that if this goes too long, community football will be binned but premier competitions (NPL, WPL, NewFM) will play the rest of their seasons.

Let’s just hope everyone does the right thing and this lockdown finishes ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    Heading rumours already that if this goes too long, community football will be binned but premier competitions (NPL, WPL, NewFM) will play the rest of their seasons.

Let’s just hope everyone does the right thing and this lockdown finishes ASAP.
    ZPL > NewFM
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    ZPL > NewFM
    I completely agree mate. If only the powers that be realised this also.
    Last edited by TXK; 06-08-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Given their chance 100% they will bin it
    Think of the money it would save on paying grand final winners, refs etc after we all paid full price for comp fees

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Given their chance 100% they will bin it
    Think of the money it would save on paying grand final winners, refs etc after we all paid full price for comp fees
    they might save money on GF payout but not on ref fees, if they don't ref they don't get paid, money your club charges you for rego goes straight into club coffers...

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    they might save money on GF payout but not on ref fees, if they don't ref they don't get paid, money your club charges you for rego goes straight into club coffers...
    With it so close to the end and next weekend a spare weekend they will look to get it played

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    In the finals the federation pays the refs for the games, not the clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    In the finals the federation pays the refs for the games, not the clubs
    yes correct wasn't thinking about it that way.
    450+ per game day adds up.

Round 17 (for future)

Cardiff v Warner Bay - 3-1 Cardiff
    Azzuri v Suns - 3-2 Suns
    Mayfield v Dudley - 1-1
    Cooks Hill v Swansea - 3-3
    Kotara v Beresfield - 3-1 Kotara

I reckon you can put the boots away for the season.

This weekend has been declared a covid draw

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    This weekend has been declared a covid draw
    Is that for real. They could of waited to mid week to decide that considering next weekend was a spare weekend

There hasn’t been any official notification to clubs from Newcastle Football that this weekend is a Covid draw. We’ll not that I’ve seen