Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by 123 View Post
    This weekend has been declared a covid draw
    Can only assume you didn’t see the email sent to clubs on Thursday to say a decision will be made next week.
    Obviously it’s not looking good, but a decision hasn’t been made.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Communication from the federation yesterday explaining the season going forward..
    This weekends bye is now being rescheduled with last rounds fixtures. Unlikely they will go ahead though with lockdown extension immanent, which means those games will result in 0-0.
    The final series has been pushed back a week with the grand final weekend now 19th September.
    From my understanding, if no further regular season games are played, the top 4 will remain as is in each grade.
    Semi finals may end up being just one leg if lockdowns continue and if it comes to it, the grand final could just be first v second.

Everything is still up in the air, but it looks like every chance will be given for the season to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    To early to congratulate Mayfield on their Covid Cup 2021* win?
    to early for 1st grade but, congrats to Dudley 3rds and Cardiff reggies, the covid point awarded gives both teams the Premiership for 2021*.

lets hope we can a final series played at least to round out the year...

Dudley to win all 3 grades by a country mile 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Yesk21 View Post
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yesk21 View Post
    As someone that follows the black and whites. You can’t be serious

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    to early for 1st grade but, congrats to Dudley 3rds and Cardiff reggies, the covid point awarded gives both teams the Premiership for 2021*.

Will be disappointing to not having a crack at Mayfield in the last game to play for the minor. We’ve had a solid year at the Suns. Sadly it’s not looking promising at the moment. Wouldn’t be many occasions where a club will win club championship without winning a minor in any grade.
    Fingers crossed we can get some finals action in!

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post

The other one is what happens at the other end of the ladder does Cooks Hill drop down and New Lambton go up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Will be disappointing to not having a crack at Mayfield in the last game to play for the minor. We’ve had a solid year at the Suns. Sadly it’s not looking promising at the moment. Wouldn’t be many occasions where a club will win club championship without winning a minor in any grade.
    Fingers crossed we can get some finals action in!
    The seven day statewide lockdown from 5pm today takes next weekend out as well. Did hear if it got extended to take into account next weekend an possibly beyond they were going to call it.

Funny story while working the afternoon shift at the balloon shop.

A bloke wearing a Mayfield polo walked in asking for balloons to spell out minor premiers.

They're obviously confident covid is going to end the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Funny story while working the afternoon shift at the balloon shop.

A bloke wearing a Mayfield polo walked in asking for balloons to spell out minor premiers.

They're obviously confident covid is going to end the regular season.
    Hahahahaha. I guess when grand final wins are off the radar, minor celebrations are the way to go!

Hahahahaha. I guess when grand final wins are off the radar, minor celebrations are the way to go!
    This is the only way they were winning it. They had Dudley and Suns to finish snd I don’t think they were winning both

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    This is the only way they were winning it. They had Dudley and Suns to finish snd I don’t think they were winning both
    Means stuff all to me now Azzuri have no chance but I'd like to leave this here for you. Rounds 8 and 9 make for some good reading.

https://websites.mygameday.app/team_...6782767&a=SFIX

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    Means stuff all to me now Azzuri have no chance but I'd like to leave this here for you. Rounds 8 and 9 make for some good reading.

https://websites.mygameday.app/team_...6782767&a=SFIX
    Both Dudley and Suns had a big injury list at that time. Nobody wants to win my default. Had mayfield won 6 points from the last two rounds, I would have paid for the balloons myself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Didn’t they beat them both comfortably last round?

Quote Originally Posted by MessiFan4 View Post
    Didn’t they beat them both comfortably last round?
    2-1 is very comfortable, yes.

Both Dudley and Suns had a big injury list at that time. Nobody wants to win my default. Had mayfield won 6 points from the last two rounds, I would have paid for the balloons myself.
    Lol every team has injuries, let me guess though suns and Dudley were far worse off than everyone else?

I thought Cardiff they were going back to back if it wasn't for injuries

Poor old Dudley miss out again

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Lol every team has injuries, let me guess though suns and Dudley were far worse off than everyone else?

I thought Cardiff they were going back to back if it wasn't for injuries

Poor old Dudley miss out again
    My point is more that mayfield could be premiers without playing Dudley and Suns for a second time. Pump up the balloons.

Banned
    lol. forever sore losers at your club. Get over yourself. You just fell short.

Just bring that F*t git with the big mouth to the gf to further embarrass you guys.

What GF