Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone League 1 thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2021 Zone League 1 thread

discussion here

Wallsend FC's super intense preseason fitness regime kicks off on Wednesday 13th January (6pm) at Cook Park for all those interested in coming along for an obligation free post-Xmas run.

We received word yesterday that Maryland Fletcher wont be participating in 2021.
    Now a 9 team comp.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    We received word yesterday that Maryland Fletcher wont be participating in 2021.
    Now a 9 team comp.
    Such a big area to draw from and junior base is massive. How’s that happen

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Such a big area to draw from and junior base is massive. How’s that happen
    Maybe if the Zone League had junior development, the kids might feed through, but it doesn't so a junior base doesn't guarantee numbers in the squad.

Sadly it’s an all too common trend with zone league teams, teams start off strong with a really good core group of players, but when it comes to calling up players to help fill in for the lower grades they look towards players to get results rather then young players to blood into the system. I have been involved in 3 clubs that had this problem, two have since folded. The gap between the seniors and the older juniors is to big at some clubs and it comes to the front when the core group get older and move on no one is coming through to fill the ranks.

Minmi FC are looking for a few more trial games this year for our 2 grades. We are available any Sunday through March and can host or travel, anyone interested send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Now a 9 team comp.
    I blame the recent trends of players that have No Loyalty to their clubs. Players change clubs far too often, it's getting ridiculous.
    We judge our professional teams of not showing enough fight, but really why don't players stand up and show some fight for their clubs.
    This year Maryland Fletcher, Raymond Terrace and Jesmond have fallen. All reasonably successful clubs that have had a couple of tough years. But too often players these days appear to walk out on the club when things get tough. Guess what? Not everyone can win. Instead of players leaving why don't they try to improve their club? Or is that too hard?
    It's becoming a worrying and ridiculous trend. As for these mercenaries, why do clubs chase them? They are only going to piss off anyway. I think anymore clubs then 3 for a player locally to play for is just getting ridiculous, unless you are moving well up the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I blame the recent trends of players that have No Loyalty to their clubs. Players change clubs far too often, it's getting ridiculous.
    We judge our professional teams of not showing enough fight, but really why don't players stand up and show some fight for their clubs.
    This year Maryland Fletcher, Raymond Terrace and Jesmond have fallen. All reasonably successful clubs that have had a couple of tough years. But too often players these days appear to walk out on the club when things get tough. Guess what? Not everyone can win. Instead of players leaving why don't they try to improve their club? Or is that too hard?
    It's becoming a worrying and ridiculous trend. As for these mercenaries, why do clubs chase them? They are only going to piss off anyway. I think anymore clubs then 3 for a player locally to play for is just getting ridiculous, unless you are moving well up the ladder.
    Maybe you start by looking at the cause, coaches are employed and do what ever they think they need to win comps, which includes hiring the mercenaries.
    you offer a player cash of course they are going to take it.
    The blame rests i think solely with the coach and committee who provide the $$$$.

Things change. People have a limited time playing this game because of work, family, their bodies and priorities. There’s no point playing somewhere you don’t enjoy for whatever reason.

Sometimes people just aren’t on the same page.
    If a player enjoys their time at training and playing, they will likely stay. Results, teammates and committee are big things imo. If all of those are good, then you’ll retain the players you want. The ones that leave will be leaving for opportunities or money or to play with other mates.

It’s like relationship advice, don’t chase somebody that doesn’t want you. Be the best club you can be, and you’ll attract good people.

South Maitland Phoenix is looking to fill a void in our trials schedule. Is anyone able to host us for both grades on Saturday 20th February (next weekend). We will be looking to bring 2 or 3 teams to allow our 16s to have a run too, but ideally 2 games only.

Please email president@southmaitlandfc.com.au or coaching@southmaitlandfc.com.au

Many thanks, and best of luck for the season!

If you are playing in Zone League 1 your aim for the season should be to be playing Northern League 1 next season. It’s all about having a winning mindset and not being content with mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    If you are playing in Zone League 1 your aim for the season should be to be playing Northern League 1 next season. It’s all about having a winning mindset and not being content with mediocrity.
    That’s a massive jump especially with Northerns criteria of having 7 teams. Surely they should be aiming for ZPL first.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    That’s a massive jump especially with Northerns criteria of having 7 teams. Surely they should be aiming for ZPL first.
    Shoot for the moon my friend and if you don’t reach it you will still be amongst the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Shoot for the moon my friend and if you don’t reach it you will still be amongst the stars.
    stars are higher than the moon tho

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    stars are higher than the moon tho
    True, I always thought that saying was flawed.

How did the Wethers go against Kotara. Surely there was some spice with the Kotara’s new coach snd his old club

must have been a shitfight on that long grass

Not wrong with the grass - everyone had very heavy legs yesterday! (and a fair few sunburns too ha) Wasn't the easiest ground to play on for sure and the ball held up a lot which caused plenty of havoc.

Thirds 5-1 Wethers
    Reserves 3-2 Kotara
    Firsts 4-1 Wethers

CCFC looking for trials on weekend 27th/28th March and Saturday 10th April.

PM me if your able.
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 16-03-2021 at 01:36 PM.